Serie A: Roma vs Juventus [September 23 2007] (23 Viewers)

Sep 19, 2006
:agree:
I dont get it! why does Ranieri insist on playing Almiron, when it's clear he is underperforming!!! while Tiago hasn't been given the chance to show his value!!!
I really cant get it!!
He wanted The player personally & we payed for him the largest amount of money we payed this season & now he doesnt even want to give him the chance to start for 1 match.

He always come with excuses that he is not fully fit:disagree: .

Forza Tiago

Geof

May 14, 2004
I really cant get it!!
He wanted The player personally & we payed for him the largest amount of money we payed this season & now he doesnt even want to give him the chance to start for 1 match.

He always come with excuses that he is not fully fit:disagree: .

Forza Tiago
But then again, Ranieri knows the lad quite well. If he doesn't start him, I'm sure he's got his reasons.
That said, I'd like to see Tiago for 90'

May 22, 2007
Donadoni awaits Olimpico outcome
Sunday 23 September, 2007
Italy Coach Roberto Donadoni comments on this afternoon’s Roma-Juventus and Alessandro Del Piero’s Azzurri ultimatum.

“For Roma this is the chance to confirm themselves at the top level with a style of play that signifies spectacle and results,” he told 'La Stampa.’

“As for Juventus, I don’t want to say it is a final exam, as perhaps it is still too early to make such definitive judgments. It is close, though.

“The issue for them is not so much one of their place in the table, as the way the team behaves over the length of the match. That is where you spot the DNA of a great squad.”

The newspapers have focused on the two captains – Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero.

“It is too easy to predict they will be decisive. I have more fun thinking of who else could turn the game. For example, Amantino Mancini, Alberto Aquilani or that devil Philippe Mexes, who goes forward for set-pieces. At Juve, I’d keep an eye on someone like Giorgio Chiellini.”

Both the captains have had disagreements with Donadoni in recent weeks. Totti famously retired from the international scene after a year of keeping the Coach hanging.

After the disappointing performance against France, Del Piero publicly stated it was “absolutely the last time” he would play out of position for Italy.

Fielded out wide on the left flank, he insisted he would rather sit on the bench than play in a role that was not his own.

“I heard what he said and respect his ideas,” said Donadoni. “With everyone I go through this thought process – it is legitimate to ask to play in your favoured position, but it is also legitimate for me to think of the interests of the Nazionale first and then decide.”

channel4
Donadoni is doing himself no favours with the national squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)