[Serie A] Roma - JUVENTUS (August 30th, 2015) (8 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The midfielder thinks a failure to replace key figures within the squad has damaged the champions, who have lost both their opening Serie A games

Daniele De Rossi believes Juventus may struggle to cope this season as he does not think they have adequately replaced Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo or Arturo Vidal.

Goals from midfielder Miralem Pjanic and summer signing Edin Dzeko handed Roma a vital 2-1 win over the champions on Sunday, despite Paulo Dybala's late consolation.

The defeat underlines a disastrous start to the season for last term's double-winners, with Udinese having won 1-0 in Turin on the opening day, and De Rossi feels the loss of some key figures in the dressing room is taking its toll.

"Juve created a cycle based on certain players," he said after the match. "Some can replace them, some can't. You have to spend a lot to replace players like Vidal or Tevez. And nobody can replace someone like Pirlo.

"We had an incredible first half. We fell asleep a bit for the final 10 minutes but we controlled the game. But it must also be said that a great team that wins the Scudetto can't even afford to fall asleep for 10 minutes.

"It's wonderful that we had the courage to play our football with heads held high. Don't forget Juve were in the Champions League final a few months ago."

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
The midfielder thinks a failure to replace key figures within the squad has damaged the champions, who have lost both their opening Serie A games

Daniele De Rossi believes Juventus may struggle to cope this season as he does not think they have adequately replaced Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo or Arturo Vidal.

Goals from midfielder Miralem Pjanic and summer signing Edin Dzeko handed Roma a vital 2-1 win over the champions on Sunday, despite Paulo Dybala's late consolation.

The defeat underlines a disastrous start to the season for last term's double-winners, with Udinese having won 1-0 in Turin on the opening day, and De Rossi feels the loss of some key figures in the dressing room is taking its toll.

"Juve created a cycle based on certain players," he said after the match. "Some can replace them, some can't. You have to spend a lot to replace players like Vidal or Tevez. And nobody can replace someone like Pirlo.

"We had an incredible first half. We fell asleep a bit for the final 10 minutes but we controlled the game. But it must also be said that a great team that wins the Scudetto can't even afford to fall asleep for 10 minutes.

"It's wonderful that we had the courage to play our football with heads held high. Don't forget Juve were in the Champions League final a few months ago."
de rossi played for juve? am confused :shifty:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Well we knew we needed a long term left back for some time @Cronios Italy isn't like England where the coach is a manager and has a direct hand in transfers, Marotta and co do the deals and then look for an ok from him, Allegri is obviously not going to turn down Alex Sandro. But of course when you see other positions it makes you wonder, even if sometimes opportunities come along at different moments.
Yeah right.Of course he will use Sandro.Also what about that "whisper" of Allegri at the beginning of the transfer window asking for a treq. particulary Sandro.What he got instead?Sandro,Quadrado ,Lemina.Dybala was already signet.They don't bring him a treq.And they don't even give a shit about what he want's.That have nothing in common about being a coach in Ebgland and in Italy.He asks for a treq they bring him a left back(good deal) and a winger.He is not asked nor consulted about transfers.The same was at Milan the same is here .

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water here but need to vent....

Why do we insist on the 3-5-2 whe. We have 2 fullbacks that can't cross, a target man in Mandzukic who is only useful in the air, and not a single CM who can pass the ball?

To play that system you need width that can create or a regista, a la pirlo. Take the pirlo out and you're fucked, well and truly. The end result then is a team that can't maintain possession and a team that is unable to create even a half a chance.

This performance today was pathetic, we should have lost by 4 or 5. We scored a goal we didn't deserve and looked 2nd best for 90 minutes against a Roma side that is quite easily one of the poorest I've seen in years. That team won't win the scudetto, and on today's evidance neither will we.

The harsh reality is we've sold 3 world class players and replaced them with average footballers. Our midfield is shallow, and injuries are no excuse, 2 players are out and the best we can muster is Sturaro and Padoin? I'm not being funny but they wouldn't even get into atalantas starting lineup. Our strikers are impotent, and our defenders just look like 3 clowns that have never played football before. I can't help but think this late start to pre season is to blame and lack of warm up matches, but that's our fault and it should have been avoided....

Rant over

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hope we'll be at least third by the end of the season........
This doesn't look good at all.
While Inter and Napoli are winning.
I think CL qualification will probably be a struggle for us. But the quality in Serie A isn't there yet to make that impossible. For all the changes we're making, in a more competitive league, we could have just Liverpooled ourselves.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its going to take some time integrating all these new additions.
We have several players who are in their early twenties and are suddenly expected to lead a team the size of Juventus. Obviously it will take time. We come off a hugely succesful cycle too. Last thing we want to do is burn these guys.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Our players are not that bad, at least not bad enough that we needed to field Padoin and Sturaro (why is he with us again?) at the same time. I mean, we are worse than last year, and Mr. Funny eyes has made a terrible Mercatto and dismantled a CL finalist team. Still, having Cuadrado, Alex Sandro and Pereyra on the bench, and you still go with Padoin and Sturaro? Because they are not "blended in" like Zach says? Who gives a fuck when the players available otherwise are so shit?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We have several players who are in their early twenties and are suddenly expected to lead a team the size of Juventus. Obviously it will take time. We come off a hugely succesful cycle too. Last thing we want to do is burn these guys.
Mos def

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think CL qualification will probably be a struggle for us. But the quality in Serie A isn't there yet to make that impossible. For all the changes we're making, in a more competitive league, we could have just Liverpooled ourselves.
Please. We are still favorites for the scudetto.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Unfortunately, we won't be able to protect them even if we wanted - if the results go against us. It's winning together that will help these players integrate and form a mentality and habit. Losing will affect them more negatively than we can control.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Please. We are still favorites for the scudetto.
In terms of overall quality. But clearly there's a lot of tinkering to do to get this new-look side on the right track again. Some degree of re-invention and finding a new identity will be absolutely necessary, and that takes time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Unfortunately, we won't be able to protect them even if we wanted - if the results go against us. It's winning together that will help these players integrate and form a mentality and habit. Losing will affect them more negatively than we can control.
You're right I think. I just feel bad for some of them. These are kids compared to seasoned warriors like vidal and tevez.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water here but need to vent....

Why do we insist on the 3-5-2 whe. We have 2 fullbacks that can't cross, a target man in Mandzukic who is only useful in the air, and not a single CM who can pass the ball?

To play that system you need width that can create or a regista, a la pirlo. Take the pirlo out and you're $#@!ed, well and truly. The end result then is a team that can't maintain possession and a team that is unable to create even a half a chance.

This performance today was pathetic, we should have lost by 4 or 5. We scored a goal we didn't deserve and looked 2nd best for 90 minutes against a Roma side that is quite easily one of the poorest I've seen in years. That team won't win the scudetto, and on today's evidance neither will we.

The harsh reality is we've sold 3 world class players and replaced them with average footballers. Our midfield is shallow, and injuries are no excuse, 2 players are out and the best we can muster is Sturaro and Padoin? I'm not being funny but they wouldn't even get into atalantas starting lineup. Our strikers are impotent, and our defenders just look like 3 clowns that have never played football before. I can't help but think this late start to pre season is to blame and lack of warm up matches, but that's our fault and it should have been avoided....

Rant over
Agree but bolded especially.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In terms of overall quality. But clearly there's a lot of tinkering to do to get this new-look side on the right track again. Some degree of re-invention and finding a new identity will be absolutely necessary, and that takes time.
True. People will blame our preparation and say we needed to have done that in the summer, but truth is you build that kind of thing during the season. It's just that guys like Pirlo and Tevez would make things happen when maybe others were too insecure or scared. With younger players you have to realise that they will not always be able to do so.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And also, I'm not sure that is Allegris optimum skill set either. That is a situation where a man manager would do better than a thoroughbred tactician.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I knew we'd take a while to settle in but I dint think the team would play this poorly.

Between the udinese game and today's game we've not even looked like a decent football team

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And also, I'm not sure that is Allegris optimum skill set either. That is a situation where a man manager would do better than a thoroughbred tactician.
Huge part is the players imo. Let's say you have Marchisio next to you or Sturaro. Naturally you are going to feel more confident with the guy who has over 300 appearances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)