[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (43 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Called players for Roma

2 CHRISTIAN PANUCCI
5 PHILIPPE MEXES
9 MIRKO VUCINIC
14 FILIPE GOMES RIBEIRO
15 SIMONE LORIA
17 JOHN ARNE RIISE
19 JULIO CESAR BAPTISTA
22 MAX TONETTO
23 VINCENZO MONTELLA
24 JEREMY MENEZ
25 GUILHERME DE MORAIS GUSMAO ARTUR
27 JULIO SERGIO BERTAGNOLI
32 DONIEBER ALEXANDER MARANGON (DONI)
33 MATTEO BRIGHI
36 RICCARDO BROSCO
37 ALESSANDRO CRESCENZI
38 MARCO D'ALESSANDRO
39 ADRIAN STOJAN
40 ALESSANDRO MALOMO
41 SEBASTIAN MLADEN

I don't know their youngsters, as for the rest it's like this

Goalkeepers: Doni, Artur
Defenders: Panucci, Mexes, Loria, Riise, Tonetto
Midfielders: Menez, Brighi, Felipe Gomes
Attack: Vucinic, Baptista, Montella

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #245
    If we can't beat this team, we suck.
    I disagree.

Even if they're missing their key players still fact is we playing Roma away, not home. It's never easy playing them apart from the situation both teams are facing.

I expect tough close game.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I disagree.

Even if they're missing their key players still fact is we playing Roma away, not home. It's never easy playing them apart from the situation both teams are facing.

I expect tough close game.
    I'd agree it'd be tough if they had their team but even then we could go away with 3 points.But now considering we usually do well against Roma and looking at their team we shouldn't look for excuses if we don't win this one.

Over the past 3 weeks they played awful.Midfield was very weak and they made too many mistakes.Vucinic who can make some difference looked like some 47 year old.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Ever since that return leg against Arsenal, Vucinic plays injured and since they rushed him back and forced him to play he still can't heal that injury.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I'd agree it'd be tough if they had their team but even then we could go away with 3 points.But now considering we usually do well against Roma and looking at their team we shouldn't look for excuses if we don't win this one.

Over the past 3 weeks they played awful.Midfield was very weak and they made too many mistakes.Vucinic who can make some difference looked like some 47 year old.
    I disagree with both of you:D

I think it all depends how we start the game. If we start like we did against bologna we will be ok, but if they come out pushing at us or if we are sluggish I see it going either way. We can't concede first.

Too many times this season we are forced to play "comeback"...we need to start our games with the same intensity as we did last weekend.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If we start like we did against bologna
    Since you mentioned Bologna, i wanna add that that match was the first one that we won this season after being the first who conceded. We either lost or drew our matches when the opponent scored the first goal.
    After failing to beat Artmedia, BATE, Chelsea, Palermo, Inter, Lazio, Udinese, Cagliari and Sampdoria, we finally won after the opponent scored the first goal.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Since you mentioned Bologna, i wanna add that that match was the first one that we won this season after being the first who conceded. We either lost or drew our matches when the opponent scored the first goal.
    After failing to beat Artmedia, BATE, Chelsea, Palermo, Inter, Lazio, Udinese, Cagliari and Sampdoria, we finally won after the opponent scored the first goal.
    Thank you again Alen for your endless statistics....that's what I was driving at, we seem to struggle if we concede first (whether home or away).

Ps. I actually meant to say if "we start this game like we did in second half of bologna!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    lets be optimistic even if we concede a goal we will stay in the game, because we never lost for more than one goal, so there is always a chance to turn things around with two quick goals

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    lets be optimistic even if we concede a goal we will stay in the game, because we never lost for more than one goal, so there is always a chance to turn things around with two quick goals
    I know this means nothing because a defeat is a defeat, but it's still interesting that we didn't let anyone take an easy win against us. The last ones who beat us by more than 1 goal were Napoli in 2007, when the ref gifted them two penalties. That defeat was our first and only defeat by 2 or more goals in the last 2 seasons.

Dec 31, 2008
    I know this means nothing because a defeat is a defeat, but it's still interesting that we didn't let anyone take an easy win against us. The last ones who beat us by more than 1 goal were Napoli in 2007, when the ref gifted them two penalties. That defeat was our first and only defeat by 2 or more goals in the last 2 seasons.
    impressive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)