[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (8 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 30, 2006
If it wasnt for our injuries, the refs would have helped Inter to win more points anyway... or force them try harder at least...
Inter only cared to keep a safe distance from us, we never took them to their limits, but we did almost as good as we could...
I agree with the fact we never pushed them but I don't think we reached our limits with regards to the fact almost half our first team was out at one point. When you consider the fact we started this season expecting to have Trez, Gigi, Camo, Zanetti, Zebina and even Andrade available to be selected I think we did well but would have certainly done better if we had them all at our disposal. With this in mind Secco and the rest of the directors can not be blamed because had we had out whole squad who knows what we could have done.

Injuries will be our scapegoat for this season whether we like it or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Injuries will be our scapegoat once again, i wonder for how much any longer though...

We knew that Andrade and Zebina are not reliable, (even Buffon's latest medical records doent look that "healthy" either) but we indeed expected more from Camo at least.
Treze's injury wasnt that bad, because it gave to Amauri, the necessary room to breath and get the necessary time i was afraid he wouldnt get if Treze was fully fit!

However the return oz Zebina and Camo would be of great importance, because they would replace our weaklings, Grygera and Marchionni.
And that fact alone can be proved critical, at some certain cases.

As far as i am concerned though, our board was aware of this risk, as they gladly took it. So they still have the responsibility. I ve been yelling for unreliable players for ages. They just chose to ignore that, willingly!
This excuse died last season, when Zebina lost an entire season again and when we saw the situation on Andrade's knee. Even them we knew they were a liability, let alone after losing a whole season. Their fitness status wouldnt help either. Our inability to offload them and replace them was one of main point of critics even before the season started and even before the summer transfers ended. We had plenty of time to fix them, but we instead chose to invest anything on extra forward and an extra DM...

If i could see it, they could see it, they ought to see it, they have no excuses...
To their credit though, they reacted wisely on the Manningher front!!!
As far as i am concerned, that was the most logical transfer of the season!!!

If our board does nothing to fix those issues, though, i will not tolerate not even a mere piece of excuse...

Mar 30, 2006
Injuries will be our scapegoat once again, i wonder for how much any longer though...

We knew that Andrade and Zebina are not reliable, (even Buffon's latest medical records doent look that "healthy" either) but we indeed expected more from Camo at least.
Treze's injury wasnt that bad, because it gave to Amauri, the necessary room to breath and get the necessary time i was afraid he wouldnt get if Treze was fully fit!

However the return oz Zebina and Camo would be of great importance, because they would replace our weaklings, Grygera and Marchionni.
And that fact alone can be proved critical, at some certain cases.

As far as i am concerned though, our board was aware of this risk, as they gladly took it. So they still have the responsibility. I ve been yelling for unreliable players for ages. They just chose to ignore that, willingly!
This excuse died last season, when Zebina lost an entire season again and when we saw the situation on Andrade's knee. Even them we knew they were a liability, let alone after losing a whole season. Their fitness status wouldnt help either. Our inability to offload them and replace them was one of main point of critics even before the season started and even before the summer transfers ended. We had plenty of time to fix them, but we instead chose to invest anything on extra forward and an extra DM...

If i could see it, they could see it, they ought to see it, they have no excuses...
To their credit though, they reacted wisely on the Manningher front!!!
As far as i am concerned, that was the most logical transfer of the season!!!

If our board does nothing to fix those issues, though, i will not tolerate not even a mere piece of excuse...
Hahah thank god for Manninger. If we had to play Chimenti we would have been relegated. I am eager to see what we do over the summer. Like if we do pick up a RB or a CB. It will be funny if they dont sign a CB and tout Andrade again.

At least we don't have an asshole like Panucci who we have to keep calling back.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Hahah thank god for Manninger. If we had to play Chimenti we would have been relegated. I am eager to see what we do over the summer. Like if we do pick up a RB or a CB. It will be funny if they dont sign a CB and tout Andrade again.

At least we don't have an asshole like Panucci who we have to keep calling back.

Andrade and possibly Knezevic is out, so I too see at least a new CB will be joining. But wont be surprised the board juz get Criscito back and promote Ariaudo...

One of Zebi and Grygera should be leaving to see a new RB joining. I will personally keep the Frenchman though he is more injury prone but i juz like Zebi better.

Dec 31, 2008
Andrade and possibly Knezevic is out, so I too see at least a new CB will be joining. But wont be surprised the board juz get Criscito back and promote Ariaudo...

One of Zebi and Grygera should be leaving to see a new RB joining. I will personally keep the Frenchman though he is more injury prone but i juz like Zebi better.
has eboue extended his contract????
:flag3:

lets rip them five new assholes!
3 for baptista

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #195
    Looks like Marchisio will make the bench probably. He didn't train today and was having a pain on his knee.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Injured duo ready to return Thursday 19 March, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus look likely to welcome Pavel Nedved and Giorgio Chiellini back to the squad to face Roma.

The Old Lady have a challenging trip to the Eternal City as they look to keep their Scudetto dream alive.

Claudio Ranieri has been without some key personnel over the last few days, but it seems that his injury woes are subsiding.

Chiellini, who has had surgery on a broken nose, returned to training yesterday and could be given the go-ahead for Saturday evening if he wears a protective mask.

Czech winger Nedved, who damaged his ribs against Chelsea in the Champions League, is also back on his feet and could be handed a place on the bench.

However, Ranieri will still have to do without a number of names, including Amauri, Mauro Camoranesi, Momo Sissoko and Nicola Legrottaglie.

Channel 4

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    So what difference do the summer mercato mistakes make then?
    If we were upgrading one of our full backs and one of our our wingers with reliable starters.
    We would avoid a whole lot of lost points, due to diminished quality. Because we wouldnt suffer that much from the loss of our champions and those starters would actually help us, rather than just fill up a position in our starting eleven.
    In their day, they would actually make a difference and offer us far more chances and far more frequently that our current options can.

Atm, the percentage of quality players suffers from those weaklings and when some of our champions are having a bad day, or even worse, they are missing. Then we really feel their absence, because between them and the mediocre reserves we have it a great deal of difference. Our team also tends to be unbalanced for the very same reason. Our scheme and type of playing also is imposed due to our weakness in our defense.

We suffer from these problems since we relegated and our board didnt care to fix any. They just more DMs and forwards, hoping that those player would increase the overall quality of our team and will help our specific problems, plus the cheap/free quick fixes. I ve always disagreed here and asked for a specific and permanent solution. By now half of our problems should have been dealt already and this year we could field up a competitive team, in all our lines.
    This team is heavily unbalanced though. Our third attacking sub, is of far better than our first choices in the defense for ex...

With a better start eleven, more balanced team and minimized weakness in our starter eleven. We would be more competitive and slip far less points, in the days we didnt only because of that! Those extra points would give us more chances and actually make the difference. If someone may claim that we now stand a chance to club the scudetto, imagine then...
    With the same performances, determination and with the added quality in the positions we constantly suffer, we might actually stand a chance to win smth this year. And with a couple more aimed acquisition, our team would be complete by next year, with realistic chances for a title!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)