[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (2 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I just watched what was almost a full re-run of the game.

I thought Grygera was better than many of you are giving him credit for. He was almost perfect in defence and that is all you can ask, because he is a defensive fullback.

Melo and Diego were head and shoulders above everyone else.

Marchisio and Tiago did better than many here would have you believe. They may not have imposed themselves on the game as much as one would have like, but they were neat and tidy for the most part.

Buy on AliExpress.com

2cruise

Aug 31, 2009
I don't know Red...the few times Menez pointed Grygera all hell broke loose - just my opinion but I think we can do better at both fullback spots.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not saying we couldn't do better (Zebina is better than Grygera in the current system).

All I'm saying is that I think Grygera is not nearly as bad as people here make out.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Jonathan is miles ahead of Grygera. Grygera might not be that bad overall but he's a disaster coming forward.
Absolutely.

I prefer Grygera defensively to Zebina, but there is no doubt that Zebina is the better option in the current system.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm eager to see what Cáceres can do compared to these two. From what I understand he's not that good going forward?

Mar 14, 2004
My take on the game: well deserved victory (both sides had their chances but in the end we were the better team), pretty good game by us, definitely some improvement over the previous game.

Buffon - 6,5: reasonably quiet game, but was there when called upon (the 1 on 1 vs Totti).
Grygera - 6: did ok in defence, once again added nothing in attack.
Cannavaro - 6,5: another good game, albeit not as impressive as last week.
Chiellini - 6,5: formed a good partnership with Fabio, kept the Roma attackers as quiet as possible.
De Ceglie - 6: worryingly bad going forward, surprisingly ok in defence (excluding a few minor problems).
Tiago - 6: did his job but nothing more.
Melo - 7,5: would have been the MOM were it not for Diego. Dazzling amount of interceptions, composed play. He should think & act faster at some moments though. Oh, and did I mention he scored a goal?
Marchisio - 6: comparable to Tiago.
Diego - 8,5: drifted out of the game completely at some times but other than that he was on fire. 2 cool & composed finishes, good workrate. I like what I'm seeing so far.
Iaquinta - 6: quiet game, but was involved in 2 goals (small flick on the ball to mess with Roma's D & give Diego the advantage; smart running allowing Melo to move forward & shoot)
Amauri - 6: unlucky game but he did give the Roma backline a hard time.

Camoranesi - 6: ok, nothing special.
Legrottaglie - 6: some difficulties coming into the game but overall very few troubles.

Oh and ;)
Good ratings,I'd give Melo a 0,5-1 less cuz of unnessecary shit that caused De Rossi's goal and 0,5-1 to Amauri for trying....

Jun 13, 2007
First, the negatives.

-) I was complaining about this before the season even started and I fear it will continue to haunt us for the rest of the season if we don't do something quick. Our fullbacks are simply not up to standard, they are our weak links and we cannot afford to have them on this Juve team. De Ceglie may still improve but is not ready at the moment, while Gryegra is just well, Grygera.
4 hours later, we sign Grosso. I guess our season's hopes don't look so bleak afterall. With Zebina back, we will actually have a complete team.

-------------Buffon-----------------------

--Zebina----Canna---Chiell--Grosso--

-------Sissoko-----Melo----Camo-------

-----------------Diego-----------------

-------IQ-----------Amauri-----------

RosoJuve

30 SCUDETTO-NEXT YEAR
Aug 18, 2009
Buffon - 7.5
De Ceglie - 6.5
Cannavaro - 7.0
Chiellini - 7.5
Grygera - 7.5
Marchisio - 6.5
Tiago - 7.0
F. Melo - 8.0
Diego - 9.0
Amauri - 7.0
Iaquinta - 7.0

I liked the overall performance of the team. I clearly see high chances of winning something important on this season, i really believe in that.

THIS IS OUR YEAR! FORZA JUVE!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm not saying we couldn't do better (Zebina is better than Grygera in the current system).

All I'm saying is that I think Grygera is not nearly as bad as people here make out.
Yea but this was one of his better matches by far. He is over criticized here but he is dreadfully inconsistent. He sometimes plays pretty well and on other days is utter crap.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
still, 7.5 is too much... that is reserved for diego or melo...

but he wasted a shitload of crosses, the same with de ceglie...

just for that they not deserve even a 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)