[Serie A] Reggina - Juventus (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i have no objection if the referee discussed with his assistant and decide collecively to change his call provided that the new call is the right call...and both of out 'goals' are rightly dissalowed IMO..i am more annoyed if they both stand on the wrong call ( the handball)....i wont complain iif we are in reggina's position...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Moggi: Paparesta Should Have Been Substituted

Luciano Moggi replied sarcastically about the refereeing during Juventus’ game against Reggina on Saturday night.
The bianconeri’s transfer guru was still philosophical about the mistakes which damaged the Old Lady in the last match day and did not seem very worried about the first upset of the season.

“You all saw the game and you can judge by yourself. The referees make mistakes just like the players do. The only difference is that the players can be substituted but the referees cannot.

“On Saturday we made three substitutions but we couldn’t also substitute the referee. However on Saturday Paparesta and his assistants should have been substituted.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
Moggi: Paparesta Should Have Been Substituted

Luciano Moggi replied sarcastically about the refereeing during Juventus’ game against Reggina on Saturday night.
The bianconeri’s transfer guru was still philosophical about the mistakes which damaged the Old Lady in the last match day and did not seem very worried about the first upset of the season.

“You all saw the game and you can judge by yourself. The referees make mistakes just like the players do. The only difference is that the players can be substituted but the referees cannot.

“On Saturday we made three substitutions but we couldn’t also substitute the referee. However on Saturday Paparesta and his assistants should have been substituted.”
I saw this article, but I don't feel like posting it as it will remind us of this match again. Let's forget bout this 1.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Well so are Zlatan and Zalayeta, so the squad rotation system is the only way to go at the moment. Remember who set up half of DP's goals in the past few matches
I was unable to reply at the time due to internet problems so I'll do so now.

What rotation system, gray? The one where Zalayeta and Del Piero take turns partnering Ibrahimovic? The one where an individual starts 10 straight games? The one where DP never plays 90 minutes regardless of how he's performing? Being the Juve enthusiast you are, I KNOW that you know that Alex has only played ONE full game all season long so don't give me any crap about squad rotation.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I agree that Zlatan's been favoured a lot, but then again he's been one of our most effective players so far this season. I don't know how productive Zala-DP would be to be honest

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but haven't dp's performances warranted a couple of full games at least?even in the games where zlatan has played badly(he has,believe me) or at least worse than del piero,ale has been the one to be substituted.

zlatan has started the last seven games now.favouritism is one thing but we have to draw the line.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I agree that Zlatan's been favoured a lot, but then again he's been one of our most effective players so far this season. I don't know how productive Zala-DP would be to be honest
All of that is irrelevant. Efficiency and productivity have nothing to do with a rotation system and imo Zlatan has only been as productive as he has been because of Capello's favouritism. True, he has done alot of good things, but he has also played alot more games than DP or Zala whose strike rates are alot better. And if Zala-Zlatan can be successful why can't Zala-DP?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

All of that is irrelevant. Efficiency and productivity have nothing to do with a rotation system and imo Zlatan has only been as productive as he has been because of Capello's favouritism. True, he has done alot of good things, but he has also played alot more games than DP or Zala whose strike rates are alot better. And if Zala-Zlatan can be successful why can't Zala-DP?
his stike rate might not be as great, but you have to take assists into consideration.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
As I said, he's productive because he plays every game. The kid has talent and if you play 90 mins every game with players like Nedved, Camoranesi and Emerson behind you you will do something.

I think you guys are missing the concept of what I said. I'm not trying to belittle Zlatan or what he has done. I've seen alot of him and what he does on the pitch speaks for itself, and I'm not blaming him for playing all the time, he doesn't pick the team, but it has become obvious that he is one of Capello's favourites as he is clearly preferred to DP. That's all I'm saying, and I don't think it's fair to Alex. When Lippi played Del Piero no matter what you people said that it was unfair to Miccoli and Di Vaio. I agreed with yuall, but it is also unfair that Ibrahimovic starts no matter what.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
it's different though Stu, because Miccoli and Di Vaio could well have done better than DP, yet DP started all the time despite not producing the goods.

You might say that Zlatan is producing only because he's playing a lot, but that's like saying "Michael Jordan is only good because he practises a lot". In other words, I don't really care why Zlatan is producing, because the important thing is that he's getting results.

On the other hand, is there any guarantee that Del Piero would bring out the goods if he were played more often? IMO there's no guarantee, so the safest thing to do is to field the player who's producing i.e. Zlatan. As soon as Zlatan goes through a slump and Del Piero outshines him, then we should obviously bench Z and make DP a starter, but only until that happens...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Imo Del Piero is already having a better season than Zlatan, but that's debatable, what isn't debatable however is saying that Capello is applying a squad rotation system upfront because he isn't, it's as simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)