Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (34 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Del Piero has been below average all season. Iaquinta or Palladino should take his spot.

As for Palladino's trick's not getting him anywhere, I think in a supporting striker role, his skills would be more beneficial. Against many teams this season, he would get past his man only to have shit options afterwards, courtesy of extremely poor support from the fb and a midfield partnership which is only good at defending (Zanetti/Nocerino). I applaud his effort, and I dont think its fair to slate him when at times the majority of creativity is shouldered on him.

Its all about balance, and Ranieri's tactics sometimes remind me of Donadoni's defensive oriented midfield.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
so we didn't need help from the refs back then? :angel:
hehe, of course not. We're always dominating.

Ref with us (like they say) we're on top

Ref against us, we're still on top...

Doesn't matter, Old Lady has it all......

(and no i'm not trying to sound like Shakespeare)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
From

Zambrotta-Thuram-Cannavaro-Chiellini

to

Zebina-Legrottaglie-Boumsong-Molinaro maybe vs Palermo.

:mute:

and to think we're are in the top 4 in Serie A and could be 1st with what's been going on in those 11 games.
I don't think I could bear to watch that defence try to stop Amauri and Miccoli.

Jun 13, 2007
I rate Boumsong higher than Criscito and Grygera. The latter two have been given several chances and never taken them. Time for Boum.
I agree. Time for Boum. Lets not attack him. Lets first wait and see how he'll preforme this year.
I would love for him to prove me wrong but I saw a lot of his disasters in Serie B . He's just too reckless , I don't think he has any sense of consequence . He just throws himself at the other player hoping for the best .

I'm not attacking the guy , but I just don't think any coach in his right mind would start a player like this against Serie A teams .

Jun 13, 2007
Del Piero has been below average all season. Iaquinta or Palladino should take his spot.

As for Palladino's trick's not getting him anywhere, I think in a supporting striker role, his skills would be more beneficial. Against many teams this season, he would get past his man only to have shit options afterwards, courtesy of extremely poor support from the fb and a midfield partnership which is only good at defending (Zanetti/Nocerino). I applaud his effort, and I dont think its fair to slate him when at times the majority of creativity is shouldered on him.

Its all about balance, and Ranieri's tactics sometimes remind me of Donadoni's defensive oriented midfield.
Very true . Palladino is obviously being played out of position in every match , and I really respect the fact that he works his ass off every single game .
I all ready have given my opinion about Trezeguet , He's a great striker but Imo I think we need a player that has both the dribbling and finshing skills . I think it's time we put Palla in that position next to Iaquinta . Alex and Tez desperately need a break .

For a team to be consistent , it's most on form and consistent players should start . Why Ranieri starts Nocerino every single game is beyond me , his abilities are very limited . Tiago or Almiron should start instead of him .
Zanetti is one of our best players this season , and probably the most underrated player at Juventus .

Right now , I think a trident attack could work for us . I was thinking something like this .

Sali - legro - Chiellini/Criscito- Molinaro
-----------Tiago - Zanetti - Almiron-----
--Camo --------Iaquinta---------Palladino

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Boum should stay on the bench where he belongs . He did so many idiotic mistakes in Serie B , now's not the time for history to repeat itself .
I would only play him in coppa italia games , we are getting penalties against us nearly every game , with Boumsong on the pitch , a record WILL be broken .
in serie B he was under different management and i must add he did have his uses, and many prefer to remember his mistakes more than his many good/solid performances. Ranieri has certainly surprised me in how hes turned legro this season, im confident he can do the same with boum.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'll start of by stating I haven't seen the game. I had a game myself, so I couldn't see Juve play myself. But I do belief that Del Piero has been below average all season and that Palladino has been played out of position all season. I can only concur with other when they say that Palla, at this stage, is a better player than Del Piero and should be played in his role.

Jun 13, 2007
in serie B he was under different management and i must add he did have his uses, and many prefer to remember his mistakes more than his many good/solid performances. Ranieri has certainly surprised me in how hes turned legro this season, im confident he can do the same with boum.
A defender has two jobs , defend properly and don't fuck up . Boumsong is average at best at defending properly , and he almost always fucks up .

I hope your right anyways . a few months ago , Legro was a liability , now he's one of our top defenders . Maybe Boum can improve , we'll wait and see .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Miccoli-Amauri partnership against us in next round. Two technically very good players. Our defense didn't have any problems with the high balls so far but when they were against good, pacy dribblers they did suffer.
Such an awful time to have Giorgio suspended. Against Palermo and then against Milan probably :(
we forgetting cavani? hes the real danger

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
More "good" news :
On Sky Sports they said that Atalanta-Milan will most probably count as 0:3 win for Milan.

"Great" if it happens. We get disalowed goal, dubious penalty against us and lose 2 points while our rivals get 3 points without having to play a match.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
More "good" news :
On Sky Sports they said that Atalanta-Milan will most probably count as 0:3 win for Milan.

"Great" if it happens. We get disalowed goal, dubious penalty against us and lose 2 points while our rivals get 3 points without having to play a match.
milan fans were just as much to blame, since they retaliated and became part of the problem, how about they just relegate both teams :D

we might aswell just wind up opposition fans each week and earn 3-0 wins.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not sure wether Milan will get the 3 points on green table. That was mentioned only as the most possible outcome after what happened in Bergamo.

Atalanta's president Ivan Ruggeri said "We won't lose this match on green table, at least i hope we won't" :)
Atalanta are now playing on the card "distancing themselves from the violent fans and having absolutely nothing to do with them".

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
Hey guys, I'm new here... i think i recognize a few people from soccerage previously and xtreme which for some reason removed their Juve thread.

Anyways, I'm sure everyone has seen today's game and is absolutely appalled by Ranieri's tactics; I am. What pisses me off is the fact that we have no distinct style, we just seem to adapt to that of our opponents. That's not how big teams play, and for the first hour of the game, Ranieri's tactics were non-existant. I wont mull over the absurd decisions that've gone against us this season (e.g. the fact that 50% of the goals we conceded are from the spot), but rather think of what we r actually capable of fixing- playing a quicker game, and enforcing our style on opponents.

-------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------

---Zebina------Legro-----------------Grygera-----Molinaro-

-----------------------------Zanetti------------------------------------

--------------Camoranesi----------Tiago--------------------------

--Marchionni/Palla----------Trezeguet-----------Iaqunita-----

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)