Serie A: Parma vs Juventus [November 11 2007] (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyone else finds the Del Piero-Iaquinta situation similar, even same, to Zlatan-Del Piero situation in 2005/06 ?

Zlatan was pure crap in 2006 while Del Piero played great and saved our asses so many times whenever he came in as a sub.
Now the same thing is happening only that Del Piero plays very bad and Iaquinta saves the day whenever he replaces DP.

Capello rarely gave us the chance to see what will happen if he played Del Piero from the start and kept Zlatan on the bench.
Should Ranieri bench Del Piero for Iaquinta or should we continue with the same system ?
Because Iaquinta is really a deadly weapon when he plays 25-45 minutes while opponent's defenders are getting more and more tired.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Criscito, Grygera and Nocerino should never start for a team fighting for Scudetto.
whats wrong with u guys? he can be great if Ranieri uses him as DM, if Tiago would have started alongside with Nocerino, im sure that he would get 6 in ratings as a minimum. of course he is not great in more attacking role and guess why? he is a pitbull and not a pitbull like E.Davids was, who can dribble 3 players - he is pure pitbull, who just got the balls to tackle everyone, starting from 18 years old wunderkind and ending with Marco Motherfuckerazzi. Ranieri shouldn`t put him with Zanetti on the field, if we are playing against Parma or smth like that. Against Milan, Roma, Inter etc. - ok.

Dec 26, 2004
Tinker man's work of art
Sunday 11 November, 2007
Claudio Ranieri believes his substitutions changed Juventus’ game at the Tardini, while Parma Coach Mimmo Di Carlo cursed their bad luck.

The Bianconeri got off to a very shaky start this afternoon and were trailing 2-0, though Ranieri explains some of the reasons behind their sluggish performance.

“There was a very strange atmosphere before kick-off, as we were all sitting around asking ourselves whether it was right to go ahead and play,” he said after a 26-year-old Lazio fan was accidentally shot dead by a stray police bullet.

“These are things we cannot decide on, all we can do is accept the choices made by the authorities. We are men of sport and must focus on this, but it is a tragedy to know a young lad has lost his life.”

Other than Juve’s meandering play, Parma ran them ragged and Ranieri is more than happy to praise his old club.

“Parma played a great game, while we just didn’t step on to the pitch. They were superior in terms of pace, agility and were always first to the ball. Yet we fought back and almost managed to win.

“Tiago Mendes, Hasan Salihamidzic and Vincenzo Iaquinta changed the game, giving extra determination to the squad. It was ugly to see Juve 2-0 down and unable to even dent Parma’s defences.”

Those three substitutions proved inspired for the Tinker man, but the Gialloblu were left ruing this wasted opportunity.

“It was a good game from both teams and the fans also deserve praise for their support,” said Di Carlo.

“When Juventus put the pressure on, they really are very strong and we were unlucky today. The important thing was to play well and pick up points.”

The Bianconeri managed to complete the comeback after Domenico Morfeo was sent off for a scuffle with Giorgio Chiellini.

“It’s difficult to understand what happened exactly, but both players seemed disappointed with the dismissal. It was a real shame for us, as Morfeo was the only one who could really hold up the ball and spread the play.”

why do they never start then?
No fooking tribute for the referee!!! FFS let just sign the man in my avatar.

Dec 26, 2004
whats wrong with u guys? he can be great if Ranieri uses him as DM, if Tiago would have started alongside with Nocerino, im sure that he would get 6 in ratings as a minimum. of course he is not great in more attacking role and guess why? he is a pitbull and not a pitbull like E.Davids was, who can dribble 3 players - he is pure pitbull, who just got the balls to tackle everyone, starting from 18 years old wunderkind and ending with Marco Motherfuckerazzi. Ranieri shouldn`t put him with Zanetti on the field, if we are playing against Parma or smth like that. Against Milan, Roma, Inter etc. - ok.
I agree... a central midfield consisting of Nocerino and Zanetti is more boring than Emerson Veira of Capello's days.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Is it confirmed that Chiellini will miss Milan? His suspension isnt good news. With Palermo being the next game - I shudder to think what biggish guys like Amauri would do to Criscito. I also wonder if Molinaro would be back -I know many people dont like the dude but I feel he's decent enough to occupy LB esp if it means Giorgio goes to CB.

I dont know whats up with Grygera - he was doin okay but for the last 2 games, hes been costly and he'll probably come into CB for Palermo with Legro with Zebina or Sali on the right. Worrying......

Btw, Iaquinta and Tiago must start next time

Dec 26, 2004
To me, he costed us only one goal against Totti. Today it was Grygera's and the ref's fault that we lost, not only Criscito's.
Nearly all Parma's dangerous attacks came from his side till Ranieri decide to play Chiellini on the flank and move him to CB.

Did you watch who was standing helpless next to Gasparoni when he dribble him before making the cross of the 2nd goal.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
whats wrong with u guys? he can be great if Ranieri uses him as DM, if Tiago would have started alongside with Nocerino.
I dont think I can agree with putting Nocerino ahead of Zanetti. Zanetti's passing sux much less imo and he can pitch in with the odd goal with more probability than nocerino

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So Ranieri was happy with what Tiago, Sali and Iaquinta did?

Will they start the game against Palermo or will they come in to save our asses after we go down a goal or two?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I dont think I can agree with putting Nocerino ahead of Zanetti. Zanetti's passing sux much less imo and he can pitch in with the odd goal with more probability than nocerino

Noce is still young, but Zanetti is old - some day he will hang his boots, like biri should have done ages ago :p and Zanetti will not play all games this season.

mart--

Nov 11, 2007
Ranieri's tactic is too timid I think.We must smash teams like Parma, not to be afraid of them, even when they receive help from the referees .. :sick:
The only thing I'm pleased, is the great spirit shown by the players.Superb comeback.

And for Iaquinta - this guy is great.In fact I wasn't charmed by his moving at Juve, but as we see, he is a top-quality striker.
We need him in starting eleven, next time.
Alex must sit on the bench for match or two .. Iaquinta is just better than him for now ..:confused:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Nearly all Parma's dangerous attacks came from his side till Ranieri decide to play Chiellini on the flank and move him to CB.

Did you watch who was standing helpless next to Gasparoni when he dribble him before making the cross of the 2nd goal.
I don't remember but I guess you mean Criscito. Defending is not only his job, but the job of all of his teammates too. Even Zambrotta let a ball through here and there, thats why there are other defenders to help out. And in this scene Grygera wasn't there.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don't remember but I guess you mean Criscito. Defending is not only his job, but the job of all of his teammates too. Even Zambrotta let a ball through here and there, thats why there are other defenders to help out. And in this scene Grygera wasn't there.
But Grygera was on the right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)