[Serie A] Parma vs JUVENTUS (15th-Feb-2012) (3 Viewers)

milan

Rossonero
Mar 30, 2006
Hello again,

I promised myself that I would watch both Juve and Milan matches before posting here, so I can talk and discuss with substance. Now I can say I watched both, and I am here though a little late.

Ok, now regarding the matches:

Udinese - Milan

A typical performance of an injury striken Milan in the first half and a large part of the second half. The veterans have no business playing for this club anymore. One of Ambro, Seedorf, MVB can start or come on as subs AND they can rotate each other I guess, but that's about it.

I am saying this DESPITE Ambrosini showing a strong captain's performance, being one of the best players on the pitch and helping us immensely in getting the result.
The factors in our victory were pretty much Ambrosini stepping up, surprising performances from Maxi + SES and a good share of luck.

If Udinese played in full focus and strength, it would be almost impossible for us to get a result. But at some point they started feeling too safe.
Meanwhile, Allegri did a rare useful sub by introducing a targetman in Maxi as a reference point for attacks while SES had a great performance.

The biggest outcome from this match is a moral boost, (as also evident by the Arsenal win yesterday, I can post my opinion on Arsenal seperately if you want).
Besides the moral boost, Maxi can play as a backup striker, though still unproven, while SES needs to keep getting games and hopefully he will turn into something great.

That's about it.

Parma - Juventus

Again, for me it was a very typical game by Juventus (aside from the result). If luck played a huge part in our victory against Udinese, then I think it's fair to say you were unlucky NOT to win.
You created more than Parma and your chances were much sharper. Really unlucky to not have scored there.

Meanwhile, on Parma's side they did look dangerous as well. Most of the threats were coming from Giovinco who was the most likely player to make the difference.
I still don't understand why Juve don't want to get Giovinco back. He has enough quality and creative force to do well in this Juventus squad.

If we look at Juve players, most of the attacking spark was provided by Pirlo, another great game by him. Marchisio and Vidal were playing a more industrious hard working roles and did their plays well.

This match once again confirmed what people are saying - Juventus needs world class players that can break down stubborn teams and make the difference. Pirlo is the closest to such player, but he is getting old and can't be the team's leader / only leader.
If you ask me, Juventus needs a complete attacker that can create / assist / score. Perhaps even someone like Tevez, but with his head in the right place.

And that's about it for Juve.

Also, last little comment regarding the penalty incidents. I do agree that ref's try to be on the safe side when awarding Juve penalties. BUT, I think Giovinco's penalty could have been given too. Giovinco is short and light, and he was clearly pushed in the back... very clear from the replays. It's not a 100% penalty. BUT, if the ref awarded the Pirlo penalty, he would most likely have to do the same for Giovinco.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I say we let this Milan fan re-write the rules of this forum. Since he already knows what should the members say and what they shouldn't say, what's good and what's disgraceful, I believe we need a second reading of the rules and let him update them.
Also, give him mod powers so he can deal with the "classless Juventini" that he noticed frequenting this forum.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I say we let this Milan fan re-write the rules of this forum. Since he already knows what should the members say and what they shouldn't say, what's good and what's disgraceful, I believe we need a second reading of the rules and let him update them.
Also, give him mod powers so he can deal with the "classless Juventini" that he noticed frequenting this forum.
I agree, he could also eat a ton of decks in the process.

milan

Rossonero
Mar 30, 2006
Ok, removed the part that was unnecessary and left facts only. But I hope you understand why I was upset.

It's funny to see one person from my ignore list popping up in the replies already. :D Chill, I will never see your post anyway.

Mar 24, 2006
Stupid line up and stupid formation ,
i've wasted my precious hours to watch this useless game ,
starting Vucinic , Esti and did a late sub were few mistakes by Conte ,
i love him but his stubbornness would makes us lose more point versus some mediocre team like Parma , Catania or Lecce and would be a risk to our Scudetto dream :sergio:

my humble rating

Buffon 6

Bonu 6
Barza 6
Chiellini 6

Licht 6
Esti 4
Marchision 5.5
Vidal 6
Pirlo 6.5

Vuci 4
Matri 4.5

Quag 5.5
Giac 6
Cace 5.5

Conte 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)