[Serie A] Parma 0-1 JUVENTUS [August 24th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd be surprised if he did know after half a dozen pre-season games. How often is the team that starts the season the same as the team in round 10 or round 20?

Also, the idea of a "starting XI" is outdated in modern football. Big clubs have squads of 20-25 players of a similar level. There are obvious star players who you would expect to start many games when fit, but the days are long gone of having a squad like 2011-12 where there was basically 11+3 players used for most of the season.
Well based on Sarri's Napoli, this coach does still like the days of 11+3. So in this case the starting 11 idea is not so strange.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah he has a reputation for it, but there's no way he will be able to do it with Juventus. And that becomes something of a problem for him because patterns and familiarity are big part of his gameplan.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah he has a reputation for it, but there's no way he will be able to do it with Juventus. And that becomes something of a problem for him because patterns and familiarity are big part of his gameplan.
Part of why some of us are calling a failure before he even starts.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    I'd be surprised if he did know after half a dozen pre-season games. How often is the team that starts the season the same as the team in round 10 or round 20?

Also, the idea of a "starting XI" is outdated in modern football. Big clubs have squads of 20-25 players of a similar level. There are obvious star players who you would expect to start many games when fit, but the days are long gone of having a squad like 2011-12 where there was basically 11+3 players used for most of the season.
    So, people are concerned that not even after ONE SINGLE season game, Sarri might not know what lineup he wants?

Were they absent throughout Max's entire 5 years? Last season it was noted that Max started with nearly 33-34 different lineups...nearly a different lineup for every season game. LOL And people are concerned that season hasn't even kicked off and Sarri doesn't know what his main lineup is? Are people serious?

I'm as concerned as anyone about our season, but sheesh lets give the man a couple months before we grab the pitchforks.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it enough to look at what he did at Empoli, Napoli and Chelsea? Three clubs is a good sample in my opinion
    I think its safe to be concerned, overall, what the season might look like. I think its another to throw shade at Sarri for not knowing what lineup he wants yet when its still preseason.

- - - Updated - - -

Today the last game for Allegri as Juventus coach. 38 different lineups in 38 Serie A games. Overall, 185 different lineups in 190 Serie A games.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    CR7 - Dybala - Costa

Rabiot - Pjanić - Ramsey

AS - Chiellini - De Ligt - Danilo

Szczesny

Sarri should force this lineup. There are some doubts of course but looking at the roster we have, IMO this is the best possible lineup for now. On the other hand, I really don't care about Scudetto anymore, I'd sacrifice it for the CL title I'm dreaming of for 24 fucking years.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it enough to look at what he did at Empoli, Napoli and Chelsea? Three clubs is a good sample in my opinion
    What sample did Lippi have before he joined us? Come on, man. Be more positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of why some of us are calling a failure before he even starts.
    That's a bad attitude. You simply can't write somebody off before giving him some time.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think its safe to be concerned, overall, what the season might look like. I think its another to throw shade at Sarri for not knowing what lineup he wants yet when its still preseason.
    I don't really care about the lineup, I was simply voicing my concern about Sarri not being able to tackle a larger squad, based on history in sticking up to 11+3 for the largest part of the season. One of my concerns about Sarri, one of many.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    I don't really care about the lineup, I was simply voicing my concern about Sarri not being able to tackle a larger squad, based on history in sticking up to 11+3 for the largest part of the season. One of my concerns about Sarri, one of many.
    I know, I was looking at JJ's original post after Filip, so that was who I was directing my Tuz wrath to:p

I am concerned like you, that Sarri might not be up to the task so we agree there. I'm gonna give him (try to at least) a couple months. Same goes for the usual players I have been annoyed with last season.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I think this will be the starting lineup.
    Hope for Danilo instead of MDS and MDL for Bonucci while D.C for Bernardeschi..
    Midfield - Can might start but I would bet on Khedira as I dont think Ramsey is fit enough and it seems managers have some fetish for Khedira..

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    Woj

Danilo - De Ligt - Chiellini - Alex Sandro

Pjanic

Bentancur Rabiot

Costa - Dybala - CR7

This probably the most energic line ups, as Bentancur can provide some balance in midfield while Rabiot move further up the field
    And I trust De Ligt will play important part against mid-low teams, maybe if we already secured some goals lead we can see Demiral too

For Ramsey, don't think he fully fit, but maybe can get some game time, in place of Rabiot or Bentancur. But Emre Can can be a good subs too
    And maybe we can see Higuain or Berna in place Dybala/CR7, If Berna comes in, he will play on the right, Costa move to the left and CR7 will be our CF

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
    Hope for Danilo instead of MDS and MDL for Bonucci while D.C for Bernardeschi..
    Midfield - Can might start but I would bet on Khedira as I dont think Ramsey is fit enough and it seems managers have some fetish for Khedira..
    I hope for that too, but I think that Sarri will go with the formation I posted. We will see...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I hope for that too, but I think that Sarri will go with the formation I posted. We will see...
    I am really interested in seeing 2 things
    1. a trio of Ronaldo Dybala D.C - Maybe Dybala can fit in but if we dont try we dont find out..
    2. Danilo - I want to see him against a Serie A side

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    I am really interested in seeing 2 things
    1. a trio of Ronaldo Dybala D.C - Maybe Dybala can fit in but if we dont try we dont find out..
    2. Danilo - I want to see him against a Serie A side
    I have quite high expectations for Danilo. I expect him being in a great shape after being under Pep, so he will most likely be ahead of all players when it comes to that. As far it comes to our attacking trio, only played who is guaranteed to produce is CR, so it leaves a big question mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)