[SERIE A] Old Lady vs Old Men (12/14/08) (2 Viewers)

Man of the most beautiful match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchionni

• Marchisio

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• De Ceglie

• Zanetti

• Iaquinta

• Ronaldinho

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
By far the funniest thing I've read all week. This was goal.com's form of a practical joke. Look at the comment some Milan fan left.

Calcio Comedy: Emerson Launches Furious Ancelotti Attack Over Juve Substitution

Brazilian midfielder Emerson has launched an angry attack on coach Carlo Ancelotti for substituting him during Milan’s 4-2 defeat against Juventus, and says that the Rossoneri would have won if he had stayed on the pitch…

Milan were comprehensively beaten at the Stadio Olimpico in the weekend’s big game in Serie A, going down 4-2, and thus falling nine points behind league leaders Inter.

With Juventus winning 3-1 at half time, Diavolo coach Carlo Ancelotti opted to replace Emerson, introducing Ukrainian forward Andriy Shevchenko.

The Brazilian has now issued an angry attack against Ancelotti, and claims that Milan would have won the match had he stayed on the pitch.

“Ancelotti lost us the game!,” roared a furious Emerson.

“What on Earth was he thinking taking me off? You don’t take off your best player, and midfield general, when you are trying to get back into the game.

“Everyone knows that, due to my speed and excellent fitness levels, that I get better as the game wears on. What did Carlo expect Shevchenko to do? He is an old man, who is slow, can’t run, and is finished!

“If I had stayed on the pitch, we would have won. I am very disappointed!”

Earlier this week, Milan were rocked by the news that influential midfielder Rino Gattuso had suffered a serious knee injury, which will probably rule him out for the rest of the season.

This was a huge blow as Ringhio had undoubtedly been his team’s best player this term. With Gattuso sidelined, it was questioned who would fill the void, but Emerson insists that he is the man.

“I have a message to all depressed Milan fans,” declared the former Roma man. “’Puma’ is here to save you.

“If I play every game between now and the end of the season, I guarantee you that the Rossoneri will be the champions of Italy."

Milan fans did not appear to agree with Emerson’s assessment however. As the 32-year-old left the Olimpico, he had five walking sticks thrown at him by angry supporters, who shouted, “Retire you granddad!”

Please note that this story is satirical…

Julio :"Wow. That's all I can say. For the man to still believe that he is at the top of his form when he is clearly over the hill makes me sad and disappointed to know that we actually root for delusional players like him".

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1689/co...on-launches-furious-ancelotti-attack-over-juv

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Busy with work...watched the game on tape late last night

What can you possibly say about a 4-2 thrashing of Milan ? For most of the game, we looked the better team....what we miss with some quality that Milan has, we made up for with determination !!

I agree with much of what was posted, and I will add that I thought Marchionni had his best game in a Juve jersey. He seemed to have more time with the ball than he's usually given, and made the most of it. He waont be taking Camo's spot, but its good to know that he still has some potential

I was also very impressed with DC. When Neddy came off injured (which I blame soley on Ranieri, who has played Neddy waaay too much this season), I was concened that DC wouldnt have the same midfield qualities that Neddy possesses, but he proved me wrong with a super-inspired performance !! The kid can play midfield, no doubt about it !!

Props also goes to Marchisio, who like Marchionni, played his best game in a Juve jersey on sunday night. All I can say is "where has this been, I havent seen it before ??"

My MOM is Amauri, who showed all his abilities again Milan. Ball control, dribbling, passing, finishing...he showed it all !!!

My concern now is what to do with a healthy Trez ??

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Busy with work...watched the game on tape late last night

What can you possibly say about a 4-2 thrashing of Milan ? For most of the game, we looked the better team....what we miss with some quality that Milan has, we made up for with determination !!

I agree with much of what was posted, and I will add that I thought Marchionni had his best game in a Juve jersey. He seemed to have more time with the ball than he's usually given, and made the most of it. He waont be taking Camo's spot, but its good to know that he still has some potential

I was also very impressed with DC. When Neddy came off injured (which I blame soley on Ranieri, who has played Neddy waaay too much this season), I was concened that DC wouldnt have the same midfield qualities that Neddy possesses, but he proved me wrong with a super-inspired performance !! The kid can play midfield, no doubt about it !!

Props also goes to Marchisio, who like Marchionni, played his best game in a Juve jersey on sunday night. All I can say is "where has this been, I havent seen it before ??"

My MOM is Amauri, who showed all his abilities again Milan. Ball control, dribbling, passing, finishing...he showed it all !!!

My concern now is what to do with a healthy Trez ??
That must've been an interesting yet disturbing birth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)