[Serie A] milan 0-2 JUVENTUS (March 2nd 2014) (31 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Licht

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

ravipiero

Mar 2, 2014
We didn't even play bad nor did they play particularly great. They dominated possession for large spells of the match but that's because we allowed them to keep the ball.

We're the ones that were coming off the midweek fixture, we let them doing all the running and sat back.

We took our chances well and they didn't. And that's that.

We played that game well, just Pogba and Pirlo were disappointing.
Yes, and I'm quite sure even if Milan found the first goal, Juve would start dominating the game and Milan would sit back. Milan's poor finishing and bad defending made us didn't have to play the game at all.

And now Milanisti all over the world are whining that they could have trashed Juve with just a little luck. We are back to back seri-a champions, and are leading the table with huge margin. We know how to play against a mediocre team ffs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Yes, and I'm quite sure even if Milan found the first goal, Juve would start dominating the game and Milan would sit back. Milan's poor finishing and bad defending made us didn't have to play the game at all.

And now Milanisti all over the world are whining that they could have trashed Juve with just a little luck. We are back to back seri-a champions, and are leading the table with huge margin. We know how to play against a mediocre team ffs.
Coulda', woulda', shoulda'.

We finished, and they didn't. That's the difference between our side and theirs.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Thought Milan put on an excellent display of how to play against Juve in the first half of that game.

When Milan had possession they pushed Pazzini right up onto Bonucci and had Poli on Pirlo. They also then tried to switch the play quickly enough to pull Juve wide and open up spaces for them to attack. This asked awkward questions of Juve as to how to avoid leaving Pirlo and Bonucci exposed, but also not leave themselves exposed in wider areas. Juve never found an answer to those problems and were obviously very fortunate to not be behind at the point they pinched a goal at the end of the half.

When Juve had the ball, Milan had Poli on Pirlo and other players pressing. The pressing high up the pitch wasn't fantastically organised or intense, but what Milan did very well was to have Montolivo and De Jong blocking Juve from playing easy balls up to Llorente and Tevez.

It was only when Juve showed the willingness to get midfield runners high up the pitch that they could find a way to trouble Milan. First on the goal when Marchisio went in behind when the forwards were offering short and in the second half when Juve used the midfield runners to try and draw Montolivo and De Jong away from their blocking positions to allow balls to be played directly up to Tevez and Llorente.

I don't think Juve ever really found a way to tactically contain Milan's attacking threats, but the psychological impact on Milan of having played so well and put so much into the first half only to be behind at halftime was enough to take a lot of the sting out of Milan in the second half.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think Juve ever really found a way to tactically contain Milan's attacking threats, but the psychological impact on Milan of having played so well and put so much into the first half only to be behind at halftime was enough to take a lot of the sting out of Milan in the second half.
Exactly right. Which is why I believe this game raises grave concerns about Juve's weaknesses, concerns which haven't been addressed for 2 seasons. If we continue to play 3-5-2, then Pirlo shouldn't be an automatic starter. He's no more than pedestrian out there when we're under pressure.

Furthermore, when he's out there, the team mentally relies on him to work his magic, and if he doesn't, then we produce very little as a team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought it was primarily 3-5-2 problems rather than Pirlo problems that were evident against Milan.

I still really don't like 3-5-2 against teams playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I don't think we have had problems against 433, it's 4231 that's been giving the problems with the trequartista pressuring Pirlo and the other 3 attackers taking on each of the 3 defenders. 433 usually has a DLP and 2 box-to-box mids, one man less to pressure our defenders.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Add to that a horrible display from Pogba, and you'll have a disaster like the first half of this game. (the guy just singlehandedly launched like 50% of their attacks by the number of 1st passes he fvcked up).

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
This asked awkward questions of Juve as to how to avoid leaving Pirlo and Bonucci exposed, but also not leave themselves exposed in wider areas. Juve never found an answer to those problems and were obviously very fortunate to not be behind at the point they pinched a goal at the end of the half.
Add to that a horrible display from Pogba
hmmm hmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)