[Serie A] Lazio 3-1 JUVENTUS [December 7th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How can anyone defend Sarri.. Sarri has not proven himself yet as a manager..

He has never won a top league..

Until he does, the jury will be out and the criticism of him fair..

In the same way, we were also doubting Allegri to begin, but he won trophies and proved himself and earnt our respect and praise deservedly..

It is up to Sarri to prove himself.. the jury is out and justifiably so..
I think we played very good until Bentancur got injured - Then we were good but not great and from the second we got the red card it was Lazio all over the place..
We could have defended better even with 10 men but we were with 10 men so criticism should be reasonable..

I dont like him and Im not a fan of over-passing tactics but you dont judge him based on his Napoli stint or even Chelsea...
Ancelloti won the CL with multiple clubs but when I consider his Juve stint he was a failure!

- - - Updated - - -

I knew someone would post that face eventually..

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I liked about 20 combined minutes in the first half. Whenever we upped the tempo, Lazio couldn't keep up and i felt like this is going to be another win for us. After their goal it was just wild all over the place.

Don't know why they needed VAR before giving the red to Cuads, immediately knew he's gonna walk off. Shit happens, imo he has to take the risk in that situation, and it didn't work out. But even down to 10, you don't have to crumble like that and i was still hoping for a draw. Could have been really ugly if it wasn't for Woj.
Yes,Lazio player was the last player in attack in front of Tek but still I am not convinced that was for a red.I mean the foul.Cuadrado went for the ball .It wasn't with two legs foul.Not a red for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we played very good until Bentancur got injured - Then we were good but not great and from the second we got the red card it was Lazio all over the place..
We could have defended better even with 10 men but we were with 10 men so criticism should be reasonable..

I dont like him and Im not a fan of over-passing tactics but you dont judge him based on his Napoli stint or even Chelsea...
Ancelloti won the CL with multiple clubs but when I consider his Juve stint he was a failure!

- - - Updated - - -

I knew someone would post that face eventually..
Ancelloti is another league for Sarri.Serie A versus Serie C/D in every possible sense.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That was very early on in the season when the team were still used to Allegri’s winning and successful formula.

Now that Sarrismo is starting to take shape, the team looks absolutely lost and clueless in all areas of the pitch.

It’s only going to get worse from here on out.
I'm going to disagree, Sarriball played with the correct midfielders gives up so much possession and we serve up so many chances to our strikers. We could've racked up many goals if Ronaldo wasn't so off form. We've had some excellent performances in the CL, against Inter too. We've drawn games because we didn't finish well enough yet we're second in the league. Only yesterday was the first time we were outplayed by any team and that only happened after forced changes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In the same way, we were also doubting Allegri to begin, but he won trophies and proved himself and earnt our respect and praise deservedly..
It is up to Sarri to prove himself.. the jury is out and justifiably so..
True
I checked Allegri's start of his first season with us (2014/15). He inherited Conte's team and he had the exact same record as Sarri. In 15 serie A matches he started with 11 wins, 3 draws (Sassuolo, Fiorentina and Sampdoria --- Sarri has 3 draws against Sassuolo, Fiorentina and Lecce) and 1 defeat (Genoa - Sarris is against Lazio). In CL, in a group with Atletico, Olympiacos and Malme, we had 3 wins and 2 defeats in the opening 5 rounds, which is worse than Sarri's record in a very similar group.
But then he went on winning serie A and made it to the CL final. Sarri has a long way to go to reach Allegri, and I doubt he will, but experience tells me it's too early to panic.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
True
I checked Allegri's start of his first season with us (2014/15). He inherited Conte's team and he had the exact same record as Sarri. In 15 serie A matches he started with 11 wins, 3 draws (Sassuolo, Fiorentina and Sampdoria --- Sarri has 3 draws against Sassuolo, Fiorentina and Lecce) and 1 defeat (Genoa - Sarris is against Lazio). In CL, in a group with Atletico, Olympiacos and Malme, we had 3 wins and 2 defeats in the opening 5 rounds, which is worse than Sarri's record in a very similar group.
But then he went on winning serie A and made it to the CL final. Sarri has a long way to go to reach Allegri, and I doubt he will, but experience tells me it's too early to panic.
Our defensive solidity is missing which is the one thing we had under Allegri and Conte

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
True
I don't think anyone is panicking, it's just disgust. Word on the street was a different playing style, the facts in front of us hasn't changed. And while the results are more or less the same, there was no Inter lead by Conte at that time.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And while the results are more or less the same, there was no Inter lead by Conte at that time.
I'm not that much concerned about Inter, as I am about the amount of goals we let in.
In Allegri's first season here we did have 36 pts after 15 rounds and that's the same as today. But in those 15 rounds we conceded only 6 goals. Now we have 15 conceded goals and in Allegri's first season we reached the 31st round of serie A with 15 conceded goals. We are conceding but the attack isn't compensating for it.

Let me mention a statistic that does say a lot: In the previous 15 seasons, the best defense won the league 14 times, while the best attack won it 6 times. And in those 6 seasons when the best attack won it, on 5 occasions that same team also had the best defense.
At this moment we don't have the best defense and we certainly don't have the best attack. Inter conceded less than us and lots of teams scored more.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm going to disagree, Sarriball played with the correct midfielders gives up so much possession and we serve up so many chances to our strikers. We could've racked up many goals if Ronaldo wasn't so off form. We've had some excellent performances in the CL, against Inter too. We've drawn games because we didn't finish well enough yet we're second in the league. Only yesterday was the first time we were outplayed by any team and that only happened after forced changes.
Yesterday the first time we got outplayed? Lol

We got outplayed badly by a Fiorentina that hadn’t won in like 15 matches earlier this season. We also got outplayed by Lokomotiv Moscow for much of the 180 minutes and were saved by their poor finishing.

Our results are good. But we’ve had maybe 4-5 convincing performances in 20 this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)