Serie A : Juventus vs Milan [April 12th, 2008] (3 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Momo Sissoko

• Mauro Camoranesi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Hasan Salihamidzic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
I have it taped...I'll take another look at it. In my recollection Maldini had enough time to boot the ball down field and being so late in the half that's all that would have been required. But I'll take a second look.

So what is you summer transfer targets looking like?
We need reinforcements in all areas , particularly in defense . We'll probably sign a LB and a CB , we're also looking or an offensive midfielder and a striker . Lots of rumours have been going around for who there players might be but they are merely rumours .

Yes , Amauri and Flamini have been heavilly linked with us in the past few weeks but just as the rest of the players that were once linked with Juve , the chances of them coming will slowly fade away .

I think what happened to Milan this year was inevitable , they are an ageing squad and time was going to catch up with them eventually . I think Milan's main problem has been the improper combination of youth and experience . You see Pato , 17 , playing in a team with Maldini , 40 . I don't know what Milan's management was thinking but they can't just expect players 23 years apart to combine well .

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We need reinforcements in all areas , particularly in defense . We'll probably sign a LB and a CB , we're also looking or an offensive midfielder and a striker . Lots of rumours have been going around for who there players might be but they are merely rumours .
Btw, I'm really wondering If we'll purchase a CB this summer. Since Andrade will be back and Chiellini is set to play as CB. It'll be interesting to see If we'll get another CB.

Jun 13, 2007
Btw, I'm really wondering If we'll purchase a CB this summer. Since Andrade will be back and Chiellini is set to play as CB. It'll be interesting to see If we'll get another CB.
Personally , I haven't been convinced by Andrade's performances , in fact , our team seemed to perform much better defensively without him . We definetely need a world class CB , preferably a player with experience rather than a promising prospect . Personally , I would actually sell Andrade before LEgro .

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #704
    Galliani was right when he said that Milan fans tend to forget pretty fast.

Your team won the CL last year...and were -15points to come back and finish 3rd.

This year things haven't been going good, but you can't really criticize your mang when 80% of the current players have won you the CL, not to mention the World Club championship etc.
    No, i believe Milan fans have every right to be angry at Galliani-Berlusconi for last summer's mercato.
    Even though they won CL last year it was obvious even to the blind men that the team Milan has can not fight in two fronts, especially not in serie A.
    The team that won the CL ended 4th in serie A and even without teams having - points, Milan would have been 4th.
    That was due to the lack of squad depth and due to overusing the starting XI players. Without adding new blood last summer Milan BOD should have been aware that exactly the same thing will happen this year, especially since they had to play in Japan in December.
    Their only hope was CL with the team they have, but CL has so much to do with luck, they gambled a lot and they lost.

I know it seems easy to talk from this perspective, but every Milan fan i know, every Milan forum i read and every single guy who follows serie A was saying the exact same things before serie A started.

Calciopoli summer is a different thing. It was obvious that even then Milan had to add 3 or 4 new players but they couldn't due to Calciopoli. But the last summer transfer campaign can not be excused.
    They made terrible mistakes and they had a false hope that the current team can do good in Italy and Europe.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    True, and adding Sheva and Ronaldinho (which is probably nothing more than fantasy anyway) isn't going to fix anything. Even though that is the only thing being promised.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
    Jan 10, 2008

Yes , Amauri and Flamini have been heavilly linked with us in the past few weeks but just as the rest of the players that were once linked with Juve , the chances of them coming will slowly fade away .

I think what happened to Milan this year was inevitable , they are an ageing squad and time was going to catch up with them eventually . I think Milan's main problem has been the improper combination of youth and experience . You see Pato , 17 , playing in a team with Maldini , 40 . I don't know what Milan's management was thinking but they can't just expect players 23 years apart to combine well .
    @ Azzurri7 - I don't think we forget quickly. I just think we saw the team for what it really was last year. Kaka & Seedorf carried our team on their backs. Despite victories gainst MAN-U & Bayern Munich we close plagued by bad keeping from Dida & were almost put of out of the CL by Celtic in the first round.
    The defense was tired and slow, and our mid-field lacked creativity without Seedorf or Kaka. All of this was cover-up because we won the CL and so management said the squa was good enough. So while other teams stocked up we picked up the Puma & the Duck.

Then managment wonders why we're out of the CL & why we're not in the top four in the league. Just because you were the best doesn't mean you don't have to make adjustments to remain there.

@ Juve Revolution - maybe not inevitable but we wouldn't have suffered as bad this year if 2 or 3 young ,quality players were brought in to make sure that our players would stay relatively fresh and healthy with all the games we had to play this year. It's simply been bad handling of the transfer window by management.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    No, i believe Milan fans have every right to be angry at Galliani-Berlusconi for last summer's mercato.
    Even though they won CL last year it was obvious even to the blind men that the team Milan has can not fight in two fronts, especially not in serie A.
    The team that won the CL ended 4th in serie A and even without teams having - points, Milan would have been 4th.
    That was due to the lack of squad depth and due to overusing the starting XI players. Without adding new blood last summer Milan BOD should have been aware that exactly the same thing will happen this year, especially since they had to play in Japan in December.
    Their only hope was CL with the team they have, but CL has so much to do with luck, they gambled a lot and they lost.

I know it seems easy to talk from this perspective, but every Milan fan i know, every Milan forum i read and every single guy who follows serie A was saying the exact same things before serie A started.

Calciopoli summer is a different thing. It was obvious that even then Milan had to add 3 or 4 new players but they couldn't due to Calciopoli. But the last summer transfer campaign can not be excused.
    They made terrible mistakes and they had a false hope that the current team can do good in Italy and Europe.

I disagree in your first part. It was pretty obvious that they wouldn't target anything else but the CL last year, simply because they were -15points when the league started. Even Milan fans, players, mang everyone recognized that it's somehow mission impossible to win Serie A last year so they aimed for the Champions league. Had it been equally between them and Inter, then Milan would have kept Inter behind them.

Their only mistake is that they had to buy couple of fresh youngsters to their squad from the start of the season...they didn't and it costed them somehow. But still in Football everyone gambles, gambling brought them CL last year and World Club trophy....we shall see about the CL place though.

But I'm with you, they didn't work much on their summer transfer.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Will he though? If he gets ever gets fit at all, it probably wont be until september. By then the season will already have started and Andrade would have a long way to go before discovering some kind of form and match-fitness. And even if he does refind that form, will his knee hold up and is he really that good?

I would find it extremely unwise for the board to gamble on Andrade(again).

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
    Jan 10, 2008
    Amauri for you team would do wonders.

He's strong, has good skills and would make an amazing target man in the box. I'm telling you he'd do exatcly for your Juve what Toni is doing for Bayern Munich!!!

Ronaldinho.....he only works if we get an in the box striker to go along with him a defensive line and a World class keeper. (Frey, or Boruc)

Jun 13, 2007
    I am not too upset about Andrade honestly , he really doesn't seem like the player that could make an impact in serie A . I would have liked to seem do a lot better but we conceded so many idiotic goals at the start of the season that Andrade was partly responsible for , since then I think Chiellini and Legro have done brilliantly together and apparently we hold the second best defensive record in Serie A .

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006

He's strong, has good skills and would make an amazing target man in the box. I'm telling you he'd do exatcly for your Juve what Toni is doing for Bayern Munich!!!
    Word :tup:

Alongside the fact that he is a good finisher, unlike trez he can create for himself and others also. I think if he is paired with trez it would be just as deadly as ADP and trez right now

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #714
    I disagree in your first part. It was pretty obvious that they wouldn't target anything else but the CL last year, simply because they were -15points when the league started. Even Milan fans, players, mang everyone recognized that it's somehow mission impossible to win Serie A last year so they aimed for the Champions league. Had it been equally between them and Inter, then Milan would have kept Inter behind them.

Their only mistake is that they had to buy couple of fresh youngsters to their squad from the start of the season...they didn't and it costed them somehow. But still in Football everyone gambles, gambling brought them CL last year and World Club trophy....we shall see about the CL place though.

But I'm with you, they didn't work much on their summer transfer.
    Milan had -8 points when the league started last year and they played the whole season with -8 points. Their original -15 deduction was reduced to -8 in mid August already.
    Frankly, -8 pts isn't too much to give up. After the first 2 rounds the difference was already -6 pts.
    - 6 pts with 36 rounds to go. Do you really think they took it as mission impossible, Rab ?
    Because i remember well how Galliani said they'll top serie A until December, but instead they found themselves at 15th place in November.

Milan didn't give up, they simply weren't strong enough to fight for the scudetto.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I am not too upset about Andrade honestly , he really doesn't seem like the player that could make an impact in serie A . I would have liked to seem do a lot better but we conceded so many idiotic goals at the start of the season that Andrade was partly responsible for , since then I think Chiellini and Legro have done brilliantly together and apparently we hold the second best defensive record in Serie A .
    Yes but at the cost of midfield creativity. Chiellini- Legro have had great support from midfield all season, masking their shortcomings. They have been very good this season, Chiellini especially, but I think the midfield support really made the difference. The Partnerships of Nocerino-Zanetti, Zanetti- Sissoko and not to forget players like Camo,Sali and Nedved cover a lot of space as well.
    Had their been less protection from midfield, I think the much-praised duo may have been caught out for their shortcomings. It's still an area that needs improvement.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Milan had -8 points when the league started last year and they played the whole season with -8 points. Their original -15 deduction was reduced to -8 in mid August already.
    Frankly, -8 pts isn't too much to give up. After the first 2 rounds the difference was already -6 pts.
    - 6 pts with 36 rounds to go. Do you really think they took it as mission impossible, Rab ?
    Because i remember well how Galliani said they'll top serie A until December, but instead they found themselves at 15th place in November.

Milan didn't give up, they simply weren't strong enough to fight for the scudetto.
    Still -8 is something Alen. It has an impact...negative one.

Just Imagine we are playing minus 8points, or imagine any other team, Inter or Roma. Things would be looking diff, table would also be looking diff.

I can't say Milan could have won the Scud without the -8points, but sure they weren't going to leave Inter alone.

Galliani reminds me of Zamparini, he predicts alot and speaks too much. So I don't really take him serious.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
    Jan 10, 2008
    Okay I've probably overstayed my welcome, good talking to you guys, most of you are cool. I'll be back talking smack again before our games next year.

If anything big happens on the market for your team I'll pop my head in again to see what's going on.

You might see me tomorrow with my final take on the Maldini give away that led to the tying goal.

Forza Milan
    Nuff Respect for Juve
    F*CK Inter

Peace out!!!

Mar 24, 2006

Ronaldinho.....he only works if we get an in the box striker to go along with him a defensive line and a World class keeper. (Frey, or Boruc)
    Word :tup:

Alongside the fact that he is a good finisher, unlike trez he can create for himself and others also. I think if he is paired with trez it would be just as deadly as ADP and trez right now
    I wouldn't mind having Amauri on our Squad since we are almost Certainly back to the European Biggest Carousel next year , But the Freaking part about our Transfer Target is only the Priority , our first Chasing should be 1 CB and Molinaro Replacement , Nedved early back up . and we all done , after those Priorities accomplished , and If Secco and co still chasing Amauri like homo's , i don't care .

True , He has pace , Killer Finishing , Awesome ball Control , he's tall , can Speak Portuguese and Italian fluently , and more Handsome than Cesar *Inter Left back , But what the hell ,
    This is all about Priority , Man .

:juvefan2:

And yeah, Fak Inter ,

Also Seedorf :D

Salute for Maldini :pint:

Jun 13, 2007
    Yes but at the cost of midfield creativity. Chiellini- Legro have had great support from midfield all season, masking their shortcomings. They have been very good this season, Chiellini especially, but I think the midfield support really made the difference. The Partnerships of Nocerino-Zanetti, Zanetti- Sissoko and not to forget players like Camo,Sali and Nedved cover a lot of space as well.
    Had their been less protection from midfield, I think the much-praised duo may have been caught out for their shortcomings. It's still an area that needs improvement.
    It's true they have had excellent support from the midfield but I'm not sure if it was at the cost of midfield creativity at all . I don't think we have sacrificed a creative midfielder for the chiellini - Legro duo . I don't see them as a burden at all to the team , had Andrade been playing , Ranieri would have opted to the same formation without risking a formation that is too attacking anyway .

The Zanetti - Nocerino - Sissoko parterships were always emplyed even when Andrade was fit , we played with Zanetti and Nocerino in the middle . Lately , Ranieri has not hesitated to play Tiago alongside Momo and had he not had faith in the Chiellini - Legro duo , he wouldn't have taken that risk at all . I think employing two destroyers in the center is more of a result of Ranieri's defensive tactics than it was protectionism measures because of lack of faith in Chiellini and Legro .

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Okay I've probably overstayed my welcome, good talking to you guys, most of you are cool. I'll be back talking smack again before our games next year.

If anything big happens on the market for your team I'll pop my head in again to see what's going on.

You might see me tomorrow with my final take on the Maldini give away that led to the tying goal.

Forza Milan
    Nuff Respect for Juve
    F*CK Inter

Peace out!!!
    peace out dude

keep it real :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)