Serie A : Juventus vs Milan [April 12th, 2008] (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Momo Sissoko

• Mauro Camoranesi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Hasan Salihamidzic

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I came in here talking some smack last week in the lead up to the game. We lost & I'm man enough to come back and face the music.

IMO we played really good the first half, with the exception that horrible give away by Maldini that lead to the tying goal. It was a gift/mistake that has characterized our team this year. We did the same thing against Roma and lost that game in similar fashion.

I've seen Bonera enough to know that his challange wasn't with the intent to injure. The red card was deserved and he'll do his time. Once we went down to 10 Ancelotti made the mistake that he's make all season, he tries to go in defensive shell. Every time he does this, it back fires, and we get scored on. Gattuso could have been dropped back even more to the defensive line and Pippo should have remained.

Nesta wasn't there and that killed, but you were missing Nedved so we could call it a draw. (although IMO Nesta not being in our line up has more of an impact on our team, than the impact Neved being out causes your team)

It was a good game, and although I think we deserved to come out with the point. To the victor's goes the spoils.
We've had far worse fans of other teams post here (interisti, not surprisingly, among them). So props to you for a little respectful interchange between fans here...

That said, I agree with most of what you said. Except for the Nesta part. I don't know what it is about that boy -- injuries or something -- but in the last couple of seasons he's been resting more on hype from the past than any actual defensive abilities in the present. Far too often lately I've seen him pull some boneheaded mis-moves on the backline. He looks sick and wrong. You need to replace him, pronto. Maybe he ain't Legrottaglie-ugly yet, but he's starting to make Bonera look like a suitable replacement.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yea let's not jump the gun lavenderguy.
Well, you never know with UEFA. If Liverpool can qualify through a newly made, secret back door after finishing 5th in the EPL, Milan may still be in the hunt for the 2007-2008 CL finals trophy yet. :p

Especially with Berlusconi back as prime minister.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
We've had far worse fans of other teams post here (interisti, not surprisingly, among them). So props to you for a little respectful interchange between fans here...

That said, I agree with most of what you said. Except for the Nesta part. I don't know what it is about that boy -- injuries or something -- but in the last couple of seasons he's been resting more on hype from the past than any actual defensive abilities in the present. Far too often lately I've seen him pull some boneheaded mis-moves on the backline. He looks sick and wrong. You need to replace him, pronto. Maybe he ain't Legrottaglie-ugly yet, but he's starting to make Bonera look like a suitable replacement.
Ahh you mean ex-Legrottaglie :(

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Legrottaglie may have fought like a lion for us just when our decimated defense needed it. But let's be honest -- he's a stopgap solution.

You can only hold your finger in the dike so long before Holland floods.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Legrottaglie may have fought like a lion for us just when our decimated defense needed it. But let's be honest -- he's a stopgap solution.

You can only hold your finger in the dike so long before Holland floods.
Well to give him the benefit of the doubt here: There are no set rules in football, some bloom early as good fotty players some towards their mid 20's and then there are those that find it late. Too often those who find it late are already written off (and rightly so) and by that time they're playing for relegation battling teams or lower league teams. By that time they're too much of a gamble to acquire and that's why you don't see them ever playing for a big team again. They remain in the history books as 'could-have-beens'. With Legro however he's been hanging around for so long as dead weight and now that he's 'bloomed' I can understand that he's getting the criticism such as yours.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I came in here talking some smack last week in the lead up to the game. We lost & I'm man enough to come back and face the music.

IMO we played really good the first half, with the exception that horrible give away by Maldini that lead to the tying goal. It was a gift/mistake that has characterized our team this year. We did the same thing against Roma and lost that game in similar fashion.

I've seen Bonera enough to know that his challange wasn't with the intent to injure. The red card was deserved and he'll do his time. Once we went down to 10 Ancelotti made the mistake that he's make all season, he tries to go in defensive shell. Every time he does this, it back fires, and we get scored on. Gattuso could have been dropped back even more to the defensive line and Pippo should have remained.

Nesta wasn't there and that killed, but you were missing Nedved so we could call it a draw. (although IMO Nesta not being in our line up has more of an impact on our team, than the impact Neved being out causes your team)

It was a good game, and although I think we deserved to come out with the point. To the victor's goes the spoils.
Ok you're cool and everything, but let's get this straight: Maldini didn't "give away" anything, alright? He simply didn't see Del Piero coming and stealing the ball like that from behind, between his legs :lol: That was gold...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well to give him the benefit of the doubt here: There are no set rules in football, some bloom early as good fotty players some towards their mid 20's and then there are those that find it late. Too often those who find it late are already written off (and rightly so) and by that time they're playing for relegation battling teams or lower league teams. By that time they're too much of a gamble to acquire and that's why you don't see them ever playing for a big team again. They remain in the history books as 'could-have-beens'. With Legro however he's been hanging around for so long as dead weight and now that he's 'bloomed' I can understand that he's getting the criticism such as yours.
I may proudly support Legro and all, but seriously -- we cannot expect to be Scudetto contenders, let alone something better than CL also-rans, with Legro anchoring our central defense. I admire him for what he's done. But sentimentality aside, we can't afford to rest our championship-caliber hopes on the guy.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I may proudly support Legro and all, but seriously -- we cannot expect to be Scudetto contenders, let alone something better than CL also-rans, with Legro anchoring our central defense. I admire him for what he's done. But sentimentality aside, we can't afford to rest our championship-caliber hopes on the guy.
very true.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008

I'll take another look at him when we play this weekend. But from what I've seen Nesta is constantly running around the pitch trying to cover blunders by, Kaladze and Maldini. Nesta's normally a horse out there. I've seen one or two mis-kicks, but over all IMO he's pretty consistant and rarely makes mistakes that costs us a game. But, our backline needs a total revamping, and the team in general YOUTH!!! (surprise, surprise)

Vargas from Catania, Zapata from Udinese, along with Philippe Lahm would all be welcomed additions in the back. We still need a proven in the box, Toni, Amauri, Berbatov or even Huntelaar type striker. We need speed in the flanks of the midfield both right and left, Ben Arfa & Quaresma type players.

Galiani & Berlu are paying for last summer's inactivity in the transfer market. Now we need about 7 players, and the players needed probably won't come because 1) CL looks unlikely & 2) any players that we show interest in INTER wants to fight us for. Moratti's an ass of the highest order.

Anyway enough Milan on the Juve forum...

Juve has been nothing short of impressive for just getting back in to the Serie "A", and should be a strong contender in both the league and CL next year.

What rein-forcements do you believe are needed to take Juve to the next level?

Amauri & Flamini are names that seem to be popping up alot.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
εℓvίn;1612634 said:
Ok you're cool and everything, but let's get this straight: Maldini didn't "give away" anything, alright? He simply didn't see Del Piero coming and stealing the ball like that from behind, between his legs :lol: That was gold...
From what I remember seeing it was an intercepted pass by Maldini, and not a ball stolen from between Maldini's legs. He should have simply kicked the ball down field to get rid of the pressure, instead he passed it laterally towards the center of our which allowed the ball to be intercepted. He was trying to keep the possession, but it was an mental mistake to not look before he made the pass that costed us.

Jun 13, 2007
From what I remember seeing it was an intercepted pass by Maldini, and not a ball stolen from between Maldini's legs. He should have simply kicked the ball down field to get rid of the pressure, instead he passed it laterally towards the center of our which allowed the ball to be intercepted. He was trying to keep the possession, but it was an mental mistake to not look before he made the pass that costed us.
Maldini intercepted Alex's ball then Del piero stuck his foot between Maldini's legs and passed the ball to Camo . It really wasn't a mistake from Maldini as much as it was resillience and determination from Del piero . I watched the replay over 15 times , I garauntee you that's what happened .

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
Maldini intercepted Alex's ball then Del piero stuck his foot between Maldini's legs and passed the ball to Camo . It really wasn't a mistake from Maldini as much as it was resillience and determination from Del piero . I watched the replay over 15 times , I garauntee you that's what happened .
I have it taped...I'll take another look at it. In my recollection Maldini had enough time to boot the ball down field and being so late in the half that's all that would have been required. But I'll take a second look.

So what is you summer transfer targets looking like?

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #697
    So what is you summer transfer targets looking like?
    We have absolutely no idea :p

Things that look certain for now are :
    1. The return of Giovinco and possibly 2 more youngsters (Marchisio and De Ceglie)
    2. Purchasing another striker (Amauri the name being mentioned the most)
    3. Mellberg is already ours

Everything else is pure speculation. Flamini's name is mentioned a lot but i don't know how much truth there is in the rumours.
    Obviously Juve will need 1 or 2 more new defenders, apart from Mellberg.
    If we buy Flamini that, and the return of Giovinco+Marchisio, may be it for the midfield.

Personally, i expect one or two surprise signings.

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007

1. The return of Giovinco and possibly 2 more youngsters (Marchisio and De Ceglie)

Everything else is pure speculation. Flamini's name is mentioned a lot but i don't know how much truth there is in the rumours.
    If we buy Flamini that, and the return of Giovinco+Marchisio, may be it for the midfield.

Yeah you are right about everything. I just hope the board wown't see as Melberg the only CB we are signing cause that would be a big mistake. We need a world class CB so maybe Chiellini can move LB but still that leave a whole is Mellberg wown't be good enough. Doesn't?

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
    Jan 10, 2008

Flamini and Sissoko to gether in the midfield would absolutely terrorize opposing teams ability to attack. They both don't know how to stop running after lose balls, and win a lot of 50 50 challanges in the mid-field. Amauri would be a massive signing he'd do for you what Toni is doing for B.Munich.

Our management is living so 3, 4 years ago.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Flamini and Sissoko to gether in the midfield would absolutely terrorize opposing teams ability to attack. They both don't know how to stop running after lose balls, and win a lot of 50 50 challanges in the mid-field. Amauri would be a massive signing he'd do for you what Toni is doing for B.Munich.

Our management is living so 3, 4 years ago.
    Galliani was right when he said that Milan fans tend to forget pretty fast.

Your team won the CL last year...and were -15points to come back and finish 3rd.

This year things haven't been going good, but you can't really criticize your mang when 80% of the current players have won you the CL, not to mention the World Club championship etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)