[Serie A] Juventus 0-1 Benevento [March 21th, 2021] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm surprised no mention of the goalkeeper handball outside the box, that was worthy of at least a yellow, in some cases that would have been a red.
It's not a red.
The FIFA rules are pretty clear: "The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area"

So, when a goalkeeper handles the ball outside the penalty area, it's the same as Ronaldo or Chiellini doing it. It is never a direct red card. Should a yellow be given, depends on the situation.A deliberate handball is always a yellow card. This episode yesterday was tricky. Wasn't a deliberate handball, but one can argue that if the keeper released the ball once he got out of the box, maybe Chiesa would have gotten it and found himself in front of an open goal, so it might have been a yellow, I guess.
Not a shocking decision in any case, that's why nobody is mentioning it. Not giving a penalty for the foul on Chiesa was the shocking decision. A 100% penalty, without a single doubt.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's not a red.
The FIFA rules are pretty clear: "The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area"

So, when a goalkeeper handles the ball outside the penalty area, is the same as Ronaldo or Chiellini doing it. It is never a direct red card. Should a yellow be given, depends on the situation.A deliberate handball is always a yellow card. This episode yesterday was tricky. Wasn't a deliberate handball, but one can argue that if the keeper released the ball once he got out of the box, maybe Chiesa would have gotten it and found himself in front of an open ball, so it might have been a yellow, I guess.
Not a shocking decision in any case, that's why nobody is mentioning it. Not giving a penalty for the foul on Chiesa was the shocking decision. A 100% penalty, without a single doubt.
The stupid thing is the commentator said Chiesa should have jumped over the player that went to ground as a means not to give the pen. But yes that would have been given 10/10 times for other teams or against us.

- - - Updated - - -

You know you suck balls if you need a penalty to win a match.
Not really, it's like saying we suck for only scoring goals from tap ins. If a penalty is legit then you've earned it especially if a foul has been committed from preventing a goalscoring opportunity, you can't really suck for creating chances.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's not a red.

So, when a goalkeeper handles the ball outside the penalty area, it's the same as Ronaldo or Chiellini doing it. It is never a direct red card. Should a yellow be given, depends on the situation.A deliberate handball is always a yellow card. This episode yesterday was tricky. Wasn't a deliberate handball, but one can argue that if the keeper released the ball once he got out of the box, maybe Chiesa would have gotten it and found himself in front of an open goal, so it might have been a yellow, I guess.
Aren't there plenty of GKs that were given a straight red after a deliberate handball? There are plenty of those even on youtube I think. Some were shots toward the goal, and in that case it's a red when it's outside of the box. But even if it wasn't a goal threat I think plenty were given for a handball outside the box.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Aren't there plenty of GKs that were given a straight red after a deliberate handball? There are plenty of those even on youtube I think. Some were shots toward the goal, and in that case it's a red when it's outside of the box. But even if it wasn't a goal threat I think plenty were given for a handball outside the box.
It used to be like that. They also used to give a red card+penalty for some handballs or fouls in the box. The rules have changed.
The rules when is a player sent off are very ambiguous. The rules say that a player should be sent off if he denies a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a foul or a handball. This gives the refs the power to decide if something is an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. If it's not a goal-scoring opportunity, a deliberate handball is only a yellow card. If it's not a deliberate handball and not a goal-scoring opportunity, it's just a free-kick (unless it hits another part of the body first. Then it's not even a free kick). If it's a handball which denies a goal-scoring opportunity, it's a red card.

The thing yesterday wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. The keeper was easily first to the ball in his box, where he first handled the ball. This means it's not a red card. But it can be argued that the keeper could see that he's going outside the box and still didn't release the ball, which makes it a deliberate handball outside the box, and despite it not being a goal-scoring opportunity, it should have been a yellow in that case.
The ref thought it's not a deliberate handball and not a goal-scoring opportunity, so he only gave a free-kick. Other refs might have given the keeper a yellow by considering it a deliberate handball once he crossed the box line. A favorable ref might have even considered it a goal-scoring opportunity and a deliberate handball and given him a red, but that would have been way too much :D

Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
The stupid thing is the commentator said Chiesa should have jumped over the player that went to ground as a means not to give the pen. But yes that would have been given 10/10 times for other teams or against us.
I also very irritated with the commentator said that 2-3 times for each replay of the incident. How can Chiesa jump the player that blocks him with his body in front of him suddenly.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Lolololllllll gona sounds like a fake fan here but.....
- Started supporting Juve since ADP. Suffered heartbreaks after heartbreaks Hollywood style self implosion.
- CR7 joined and witnessed true greatness
- Decided that if Juve can’t win CL with cr7, Juve will never be a champion material
- when Cr7 leaves, I’ll stop supporting Juve. It’s been a nice ride but it’s not working out. I can’t picture myself associating with a club that has such mediocrity in their DNA.

Many fans will be like me.
Juve will have less fans after CR7 leaves. In fact, even lesser than before he joined.

CR7 effect...only a champion club can handle it.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, it's like saying we suck for only scoring goals from tap ins. If a penalty is legit then you've earned it especially if a foul has been committed from preventing a goalscoring opportunity, you can't really suck for creating chances.
I disagree. Scoring from tap ins would mean we actually play good football.

- - - Updated - - -

Lolololllllll gona sounds like a fake fan here but.....
- Started supporting Juve since ADP. Suffered heartbreaks after heartbreaks Hollywood style self implosion.
- CR7 joined and witnessed true greatness
- Decided that if Juve can’t win CL with cr7, Juve will never be a champion material
- when Cr7 leaves, I’ll stop supporting Juve. It’s been a nice ride but it’s not working out. I can’t picture myself associating with a club that has such mediocrity in their DNA.

Many fans will be like me.
Juve will have less fans after CR7 leaves. In fact, even lesser than before he joined.

CR7 effect...only a champion club can handle it.
Wtf are you talking about? CR7 alone can't win you the UCL trophy. Mediocrity in Juve's DNA? You must be kidding. We have witnessed such greatness in Juve's rich history that many fans of other teams are jealous.

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I disagree. Scoring from tap ins would mean we actually play good football.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf are you talking about? CR7 alone can't win you the UCL trophy. Mediocrity in Juve's DNA? You must be kidding. We have witnessed such greatness in Juve's rich history that many fans of other teams are jealous.
Sorry if you are referring to greatness from the 70s and 80s era. But as far as me being a JUVE fan concern (started in 2000), Juve has never won an ECL and has self imploded spectacularly on international stage, causing me humiliation among peers.

- failed to turn up against Barca in ECL final and lacking balls to pressure ref to give us a legit penalty
- almost came back vs Bayern only to be crushed by our ex player Coman
- almost came back vs Madrid only to concede in last second

The list goes on...

Seriously, a club can have all the luck and all the best players in the world. But if it doesn’t have the winner mentality, it will never win shiet. It’s like all the stars have aligned for you to position your dick at the entrance of scarlett Johansson’s pussy, only to have you trip and miss and place it in her pet cat’s butt hole.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Sorry if you are referring to greatness from the 70s and 80s era. But as far as me being a JUVE fan concern (started in 2000), Juve has never won an ECL and has self imploded spectacularly on international stage, causing me humiliation among peers.

- failed to turn up against Barca in ECL final and lacking balls to pressure ref to give us a legit penalty
- almost came back vs Bayern only to be crushed by our ex player Coman
- almost came back vs Madrid only to concede in last second

The list goes on...

Seriously, a club can have all the luck and all the best players in the world. But if it doesn’t have the winner mentality, it will never win shiet. It’s like all the stars have aligned for you to position your dick at the entrance of scarlett Johansson’s pussy, only to have you trip and miss and place it in her pet cat’s butt hole.
I know what pain you feel when your club loses in UCL final. That Cardiff loss in 2017 against Real has killed me. But I still watch every match and like my club and always will. I'm simply not that passionate anymore. However, I will never quit supporting Juve. That would be gross.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I know what pain you feel when your club loses in UCL final. That Cardiff loss in 2017 against Real has killed me. But I still watch every match and like my club and always will. I'm simply not that passionate anymore. However, I will never quit supporting Juve. That would be gross.
When you realize u are not as passionate about a girl anymore, u better break.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Our journey after being promoted from Serie B has been incredible. Everything from winning 9 league titles in a row, 2 CL finals, building a new stadium, buying a GOAT etc. nobody could imagine that we would bounce back like we have done. In that time we have made mistakes and fallen short but this is a major rebuild, Man United's rebuild is minor compared to us yet look at what they have become. Shit happens, sometimes you need luck, sometimes gambling doesn't pay off but we are still Italy's finest that with a few improvements capable of doing great things.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Our journey after being promoted from Serie B has been incredible. Everything from winning 9 league titles in a row, 2 CL finals, building a new stadium, buying a GOAT etc. nobody could imagine that we would bounce back like we have done. In that time we have made mistakes and fallen short but this is a major rebuild, Man United's rebuild is minor compared to us yet look at what they have become. Shit happens, sometimes you need luck, sometimes gambling doesn't pay off but we are still Italy's finest that with a few improvements capable of doing great things.
That's the spirit!
:beer:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
not sure how you can consider us improving when we go from buying matri, llorente, barzagli to kulu, demiral, woj

club has definely lost the hamsum factor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)