[Serie A] Juventus 2-1 ASL Napoli [April 7th, 2021] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The league can't make a decision that early. Napoli could've turned up like they were expected to. Now they should immediately decide that a 3-0 is the way to go. Simply because if they don't, all the teams missing one or two vital players won't turn up and this season will last 3 years
:rofl:

Juve probably showed up at the field in order to follow procedure and not look like both teams did not appear.
Of course Juve had to show up because the league declined to make a decision.
But do they really need to communicate a lineup? Is it necessary to literally communicate that there will be interviews both before & after the game, as usual? Etc.
For a game you know is not going to be played.

- - - Updated - - -

There are international protocols. The Italian government gave their OK for that, and both FIGC and Juventus in this case are following them.

Napoli players got tested 3 times this week, we could’ve had some questions about the incubation period, but this wasn’t the discussion yesterday. I understand though, that it’s in nobody’s interests to take unnecessary risks.

Both FIGC and Juventus said they wanted to play by releasing official statements, Napoli said nothing. They had ~7 days to solve things.

Napoli somehow decides to follow a protocol from regional authorities, instead the international ones like all the other European clubs. In law international/national always goes before regional laws by my knowledge.

Its a silly and highly unprofessional situation, but it’s not Juventus who decides. It’s the FIGC. The world can blame us, but if they say we play, then we go and it’s as easy as that.

And there are also practical arguments, as we don’t know what the situation will be after a few months. I think that the show must go on, we need to play as much as possible, because the risk that we’ll face a new lockdown and after that a schedule with every 3 days a match is highly possible. Somehow Napoli thinks that they have the authority to decide when we play.

Besides all those facts, let’s be real. De Laurentiis is a clown. He’s the only president who could create this situation.
Like I said earlier: I don't know whether or not Napoli had the right to do what they did. But if you look at the timeline, this entire farce easily could & should have been avoided:

1) Napoli: We're not allowed to travel, so we will not be able to play this game.
2) Lega: Game must go ahead.
3) Napoli: Yeah, but we're not going to play this game. We have to stay in Naples.
4) Lega: Game goes ahead as planned.
5) Juve: Just a normal Sunday night game!
6) The (international) public: :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:rofl:

But do they really need to communicate a lineup? Is it necessary to literally communicate that there will be interviews both before & after the game, as usual? Etc.
For a game you know is not going to be played.
of course juve had to play along.

@U Picciriddu put "lega" instead of "figc" and it's accurate. la lega organizes the league matches, and while it's part of the federation, it's an independent organisation with its own regulations and governance. we couldn't expect figc to make a decision on anything as they aren't running the show here.

Jun 16, 2020
of course juve had to play along.

@U Picciriddu put "lega" instead of "figc" and it's accurate. la lega organizes the league matches, and while it's part of the federation, it's an independent organisation with its own regulations and governance. we couldn't expect figc to make a decision on anything as they aren't running the show here.
Changed, thanks.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
How come you have this feeling? Based on historical events the league does not take decisions that favor Juve. ADL will cry like a baby and they will shut him up to his demands.
Normally I agree with this statement 100%, but the legitimacy of the league is at stake here. If Napoli appeal and aren’t punished, what is going to stop all teams in the league from not wanting to play games with only 1-2 players infected? The league needs to hold their line here and uphold this punishment so as to make sure all clubs behave properly and respect the protocols put in place.

And I also think Napoli are going to get punished not just for not turning up in Turin, but violating the safety protocol. They apparently sent their players home instead of keeping them in a “bubble” and this is why the ASL on Sunday refused to let them travel to the game. Wouldn’t shock me at all if ADL and Napoli higher-ups done this in order to force this postponement.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The league already made a decision when they set the date and time for this game weeks ago. They then followed the protocols and procedures set and agreed upon by the Italian government and all clubs including Napoli.

Like I said earlier: I don't know whether or not Napoli had the right to do what they did. But if you look at the timeline, this entire farce easily could & should have been avoided:

1) Napoli: We're not allowed to travel, so we will not be able to play this game.
2) Lega: Game must go ahead.
3) Napoli: Yeah, but we're not going to play this game. We have to stay in Naples.
4) Lega: Game goes ahead as planned.
5) Juve: Just a normal Sunday night game!
6) The (international) public: :wallbang:
I feel you were not following the updates on this story, my friend. Napoli were not ordered to avoid travelling, they were "advised" by the local ASL offices. They then reached out to the league who told them the game is still on. ADL then goes to Agnelli asking him to agree to postpone! This is some medieval shit by ADL.

I said earlier that anything other than a 3-0 win for Juve is unacceptable. I would also add a heavy fine on Napoli for the fiasco they created.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
It's interesting how fast Napoli lawyered up and kept silent yesterday. Especially when you have a president who isn't shy of playing the victim card and start a controvery for his own benefit.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The fact that we'll have to compensate fans who had tickets for the game, we would have had to pay for staff and usual match day overheads, and the fact this game wasn't televised yet billed as a massive game would have been impacted there too.

- - - Updated - - -

No we should ask for that penalty point to be added to our 3 points.

+4 points for us, everybody happy.
on top of the financial compensation yes. Seriously the league should throw the book at crapoli, make an example of those farmers. They took the absolute piss.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
When do we get last nights points??? Or are we waiting for Lega Calcio to come up with an excuse to replay the game??

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
When do we get last nights points??? Or are we waiting for Lega Calcio to come up with an excuse to replay the game??
Tomorrow.

Easiest 3 points ever won.

You need to stick to the rules, otherwise every peasant president will do whatever he pleases with his team.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Let's see what happens. In a normal country I would expect us to get the full 3 points, with Napoli being penalized, however in Italy anything could happen.

I guess they are waiting for new swabs and the results. If Napoli won't get any new cases, we will get the points, if they get like a lot of new cases the match will probably get replayed. Just my opinion.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Let's be honest - Napoli has no defense line here. All the other clubs have played their games without any fuss. Milan was missing Ibra, Genoa Perin and Schone etc.

They want special treatment because they lost 4 important players ahead of Juve game. Sure, two of them were injuries but that puts them in even worse conditions to win any appeals. Two covid cases at Juve wouldn't be even a problem. Try to imagine Juve not going to Naples for the game :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)