[SERIE A] Juventus - Udinese (14th September, 2008) (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nothing brings more satisfaction than to see Milan rock bottom of the table with 0 points. Impressive mercato and Scudetto favourites my ass. :lol2:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nothing brings more satisfaction than to see Milan rock bottom of the table with 0 points. Impressive mercato and Scudetto favourites my ass. :lol2:
They are second placed :shifty:

Serie A, standings
..................................conceded goals................defeats​
1. Cagliari ......................................................6...........................2
2. Milan...........................................................4...........................2
3. Roma..........................................................4...........................1
4. Palermo..................................................... 4...........................1
5. Fiorentina...................................................3...........................1
19. Juventus....................................................1............................0
20. Atalanta.....................................................0............................0

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Roma and Fiorentina are having a rough time too. Goes to show you the quality of Serie A.
That is true. Teams like Palermo, Lazio, Atalanta, Napoli, Udinese, Sampdoria can bring down any top team anytime. Teams in the bottom half of the table are not a piece of cake either.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Roma and Fiorentina are having a rough time too. Goes to show you the quality of Serie A.
i wouldn't necessary question the quality of serie a with big named teams struggling. its still a game and players have to play 90' every match.

the name of the club should never be enough to get you 3pts

plus a little competition early on makes the scudetto race even more interesting in march/april/may

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Gigi was his supercool self, but I'll vote for Mauro - he worked his socks off!

Yeah, Juventuz is back. I only watched about half an hour of the match because I got home too late and fell asleep because I was damn tired in the end, but what I saw was great. We were solid and had many chances, a well-deserved win.

De Ceglie was decent and used his chance IMO. He should be a starter from now on.
:shocked2: How could you fall asleep during a match!!!!! :eek:

A lot of us seem to prefer De Ceglie to Molinaro. To me, De Ceglie seemed very nervous, and his team mates tended to "keep the pressure off him" by playing the ball mainly down the right flank. Defensively his nerves were showing, but Giorgio mopped up after him no bother. Paolo is definitely capable of playing better. Once he shakes off those nerves, Molinaro should have a hard time getting that place back. I've seen some clips on youtube of him and seen what he's capable of. He scored a hat-trick in the primavera against that team I love to hate! Paolo, you angel! He's definitely going to be a favorite of mine!

Iaquinta missed like 146 chances.
That often happens when you play your old club. Your ex-team-mates know your style of play too well and clamp down on you. Still Vinny never gave up!

It's a pity inter weren't down there to keep them company.:frown:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Clearly MOM is only between Poulsen or Sissoko. You should have put them in the same bracket, because they cant really be seperated performance wise. But being forced to choose, I pick Poulsen because I like the calmness he brings in the mid.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Very good performance last night.

My only complaint was that we, again, showed a total lack of composure once we had taken the lead. To some extent it was understandable that the players would be edgy after what happened against Fiorentina, but we must do better when defending leads in the latter stages of games.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That fool Flores is saying that he was denied a penalty kick. It was not even close to a penalty, and most important he didn't even protested.
I would have been a very soft penalty because there was very little contact.

I'm sure everyone would have been demanding a penalty if it had been a Juve forward getting a slight nudge in the back when clean through on goal.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I liked the way we played, especially in the first half. We kept their 2 biggest threats; Di Natale and Quag, quiet for almost the entire game

Our offensive play in the final third really needs some improvement, tbh....Iaquinta was just damn unlucky, and we just couldnt seal the deal on any chances we created, until Amauri finally scored.

I thought that once we did score, we seemed to lose our composure a bit (flashback from Fiorentina ??), and almost crumbled when Udinese pressed forward. Luckily, we survived for the 3 points

my ratings-

Buffon 7- Not too much to do until late on....gets the shutout !!

Grygera 6- No big mistakes, came forward with some purpose, but still seems a bit shaky back there

Mellberg 5- Chellini had his back most of the way, but still makes a big mistake late in the game. Dare I say that Legro is the better choice ?

Chellini 6.5- Welcome back !! The rock of the defense shows that even after returning from injury, he hasnt lost a step or form. The defense is nothing without him.

De Ceglie 6- I like this kid....he's dangerous coming forward, has some pace, and is pretty solid at the back. Goodbye Molinaro !!

Camo 7.5- My MOM !! I thought he did well to get our attacks going through the midfield, and linked with the strikers very well. He also controlled the right side with authority

Poulsen 6- A decent game from him....he showed good control in the middle of the field, and worked well with Momo. A few too many longballs, however

Sissoko 6.5- Worked well with Poulsen, controlled the middle with great authority, broke up Udine's attacks through the middle, and showed incredible pace. Did I mention that most of his passes were good ?? Honorable mention for MOM !!

Neddy 6.5- He was dangerous throughout the entire game, and had a few chances to score. His pace was good, and seemed, like Camo, to be involved in every offensive play. Controlled the left side of the field very well.

Iaquinta 5.5- Just not his day.....missed too many chances. he will improve, I have no doubts

Amauri 6- Scored his first goal for us, but I am still not convinced of his abilities. Time will tell.

Subs-

Marchionni, Trez and DP were not given enough time for a rating

Ranieri 6- the team played pretty well yesterday, he may have wanted to make his subs a little sooner, once it seemed like our players were getting a little flat out there, and Udinese was pressing for the equalizer. DP and Trez coming in are also debateable decisions. The combo of Momo and Poulsen worked well, bravo Ranieri !!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Like I said before.... we have the best defense in Serie A by mile.... that also not to forget that Zebina hasn't been used yet. The Legro-Chiellini-Mellberg thing is really solid and I like it.

Momo-Poulsen were incredible last night, they're the reason we dominated the game without any doubt.... Mauro looked decent but then it was obvious that he couldn't run anymore, fatigue nailed him. As for Pavel, If It was up to me I would have kept him on the bench for the Zenit game... or atleast take him out in the 2nd half.

Iaquinta - Amauri.... I like the way they battle for each ball and fight for it.... they give their 100% if not more, and thats what we want here.....unlike Zalayeta, Zlatan, Di Vaio and Miccoli and etc.... I admire both Iaquinta and Amauri though none of them got Trezeguet's finish nor Del Piero's magic but still.

As for Ranieri.... tactically he was brilliant, but he had to ruin it with his terrible subs. Introducing Marcho and not taking one of Nedved/Camo to rest was a mistake. Also putting BOTH Del Piero and David min 88... what was that? A joke thats right.

Buffon 7

Grygera 6

Mellberg 6.5

Chiellini 7

De Ceglie 6.5

Poulsen 7.5 :star:

Sissoko 7.5 :star:

Camoranesi 6.5

Nedved 6

Iaquinta 5.5

Amauri 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)