Serie A: Juventus-Parma (2 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Forza Juventus....Forza Del Piero.

i just woke up and found the score @ 2-1 minute 49' second half. i crawaled back to bed, but then i hear that DP scored and i jupmed!

I knew we always had a hard time with Parma, but i also knew that DP scores often vs. Parma.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
why are you all so happy? from the sounds of this we were thoroughly outplayed at the delle Alpi, by an above average team thats nothing special.

We should be damn pissed off, not rejoicing!

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Parma had the shock of the season snatched from their grasp by a last minute Alessandro Del Piero strike.
Once again Hidetoshi Nakata proved a nightmare for the Bianconeri, netting his fifth career goal against the Turin side, but the defeat was prevented deep into stoppage time.

This has always been a bitter battle as these two teams fought for trophies during the 1990's, but since then Parma have sold off many of their top stars. Several of them come face to face with their former teammates today, including the latest arrival Marco Di Vaio.

The visitors - who have only ever won at the Delle Alpi once in a match that saw Marcello Lippi resign - had a strong start to this encounter and put the Juventus defence under pressure early on.

Adrian Mutu was a constant danger on the flank and Lilian Thuram was forced to dive in and prevent Hidetoshi Nakata from turning in from close range on ten minutes.

Soon after Adriano's fine solo effort was turned onto the post by Gianluigi Buffon's foot in a desperate reaction save.

The Italian international was again called to parry a Mutu shot and Adriano failed to meet the loose ball before Sabri Lamouchi's piledriver was well gathered.

Pavel Nedved had Juve's best chance of the opening period but after dribbling his marker the midfielder fired over the bar. Alessandro Del Piero rose for a rare header and was only just off target.

Ciro Ferrara also wasted a good chance when Sebastien Frey only flapped at a Del Piero corner kick, but the defender could not get his follow-up on target.

Parma seemed to have the better of the play, but on the hour mark Nedved unleashed a fierce drive from the edge of the box and Frey did extremely well to palm it out.

Mutu had the best chance of the game soon after when he sprung the offside trap, went round Buffon but incredibly chipped over an empty net. Parma fans - and Mutu - had their heads in their hands when the Romanian somehow failed to get on the scoresheet.

Parma eventually broke the deadlock with an old Juventus bugbear, Hidetoshi Nakata. The Japanese international met Emanuele Filippini's intelligent pass and took Buffon by surprise with an angled drive by the near post.

Nakata's goal here practically handed Roma the Scudetto two seasons ago and another strike in this Stadium proved decisive when Parma took the Coppa Italia in May.

It was also the first goal conceded by Juventus in Serie A since March 30 2002, 1-1 at Lazio.

Lippi threw on Marcelo Salas for the trident attack after this strike, but Buffon required another good save on the former Roma star.

The goalkeeper performed heroics on three different players in quick succession as he won battles with former Juve midfielder Matteo Brighi, Nakata and then Filippini.

Juve tried to push forward, but Parma hit on the counter-attack when Igor Tudor lost the ball in midfield. Mutu provided a fine pass for Adriano to turn in undisturbed.

Tudor made up for his error in the last minute when he rose to meet a Salas corner kick and pull a goal back for Juventus, although Frey must take some of the responsibility for his movement as the cross came in.

A fierce scuffle broke out in the goalmouth after this strike and Sabri Lamouchi was sent off for his part in the incident.

Lippi's men poured forward for five minutes of stoppages and in the final seconds Alessandro Del Piero rounded the goalkeeper to net a desperate equaliser.

The captain has scored in all his Serie A games so far this season and rescued his side with a crucial goal.

The tension continued to rise as Parma protested for a potential handling offence, but the final whistle came straight after this goal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Ferrara, Birindelli (Zenoni 55); Camoranesi (Salas 67), Tacchinardi, Davids (Tudor 46); Nedved; Di Vaio, Del Piero

Parma: Frey; Benarrivo, Bonera, Ferrari, Junior; Nakata, Brighi, Lamouchi, Filippini (Bresciano 86); Adriano (Bonazzoli 81), Mutu (Donati 90)

Ref: Cassara'

Sent off: Lamouchi 87 (P)

------------------
FootballItalia
------------------

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
ROME (AP) — Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero's goal five minutes into extra time salvaged a 2-2 draw for the defending champion against Parma Saturday.
While Parma argued to no avail that Del Piero touched the ball with his hand before scoring, the result was nonetheless the first blemish Juventus suffered in the new Serie A season after winning by shutouts in its first two matches.

The draw temporarily lifted Juve to first place in the Italian league standings at seven points, while Parma moved into lone possession of third place at five points. Although the rest of the league was yet to play their third matches.
-----------------------
Associated Press
-----------------------

Show of hands anyone who thinks we'll still be top at the end of the week....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
well for exampel as it has been pointed out here earlier by Sivori all the big teams cheat

but none manage to do it so good as Juve....

That is way all the other presidents don't like Juve they are simply Jealous.........
I don't think we would go out with the intention of cheating.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
MILAN (Reuters) - A controversial goal from Alessandro Del Piero in the fifth minute of injury time gave Italian champions Juventus a 2-2 draw against Parma after they had been two goals behind until the 87th minute.
Japan's Hidetoshi Nakata put impressive Parma ahead in the 66th minute with a close-range finish and Parma doubled their lead in the 81st when Adrian Mutu broke down the right flank and Adriano converted the Romanian's low cross.

Marcello Lippi's side began their comeback when Igor Tudor headed in a Del Piero corner three minutes from the end of normal time.

Parma had midfielder Sabri Lamouchi sent off for his role in ugly scenes as Juve tried to retrieve the ball from the net in order to swiftly restart.

The visitors were furious when, five minutes into time added on for injuries, Del Piero turned defender Matteo Ferrari and then rounded Parma 'keeper Sebastien Frey to slot into the unguarded goal for the equaliser.

The Parma players claimed Del Piero had handled the ball as he brought down a high pass into the area and there were angry scenes of protest at the end of the game.

Juventus go top on seven points from three games, displacing for the moment AC Milan who are at Lazio later on Saturday

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
I've just seen the goals and all I can say is we defended very badly. And about DP's goal, well I have to say it was hand ball, we should consider ourselves very lucky.

Jul 18, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
I've just seen the goals and all I can say is we defended very badly. And about DP's goal, well I have to say it was hand ball, we should consider ourselves very lucky.
It happends for everyone! But still today Juve didn't show that they wanna win everything! To be honest we lack at the back :(:frown::down:! Ferarra is too old (but still a good substitute Fellow) and Iuliano isn't that great! We need Montero and Fresi! We should have brought Nesta or Cannavaro :(! And what is Lippi thinking about :fero:? He took Davids out! Have to admit that Tudor always scores when he plays central midfield but it's Davids place! He should have taken Tacchinardi out! But what the heck we got back from a 2-0 down! Forza Del Piero and Tudor! I am dissapointed about Di Vaio's performance :fero:! I heard that he played like S*it :(! We miss Trezegol :down:! But he is back now! I hope he gonna start the next match :D!

Aug 20, 2002
well done juve u had me woried that we were going to lose at home for a minute if we had ronaldinho we would have controlled the game and tore parma apart but never mind newcastle next and if we pull our socks up we can take them ( i think they won 1-0 today)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
very bad result. at least we managed to pull out a draw, but still very dissapointing.
all the year nakata play bad jast agianst us he score- this bastard.
shitty shitty parma...

Jul 18, 2002

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)