[Serie A] Juventus - Livorno (6 Viewers)

Apr 26, 2004
The Bianconeri gain three important points at the Delle Alpi against Livorno on Serie A 18th matchday. Double advantage for Capello’s side thanks to Del Piero and Camoranesi, then it’s Vidigal who reduces the gap. Goal by Ibrahimovic in the second half, then it’s Melara who scores and, in the final minutes, the penalty converted by Camoranesi seals the final result of 4-2.

Capello’s team attacks from the very beginning and after 17 minutes Del Piero scores, nodding in a fine free kick from Olivera (1-0). Ibrahimovic, after showing his skills on 12 minutes with a header slightly off target, is served very well into the box by Del Piero after 21 minutes but finally Melara hinders him and prevents him from shooting. After 25 minutes, Juventus doubles the score. Zebina crosses into the midfield, the Swede hits the crossbar, the ball is back into the game and Camoranesi, near the net, is ready to tap in (2-0). Another great action from Juventus after 29 minutes, although Nedved, assisted by Ibrahimovic, is intercepted by Vargas in the box area. After 34 minutes, Camoranesi nearly scores his second goal with a fine header, unfortunately saved by Amelia. In the final minutes, Livorno takes advantage of a moment of distraction for Capello’s side and reduces the opponents’ lead. Goal by Vidigal, who nods in a cross by Doga (2-1). The first half ends with Ibrahimovic’s shot from the distance, over the crossbar.

After the break, Livorno is more determined back onto the pitch and tries to catch up. After 10 minutes, Danilevicius worries Bianconeri’s defence: he forwards, Zebina stops him and the balls ends to Doga who shoots over the goal line. A good occasion for Juventus occurs after 20 minutes into the second half when Ibrahimovic’s drive, after an assist by Emerson, is deflected by Melara over the crossbar. On 30’ minutes, it’s time for 3-1: Zalayeta, who replaced Del Piero, serves Ibrahimovic whose great right-footed kick from the edge of the box beats Amelia. Colomba’s squad doesn’t give up and Melara scores the 3-2 goal, nodding in a corner played by Doga. The last few minutes of the match are quite nervous, with Juventus trying to score with Pessotto, whose powerful shot ends high over the crossbar and Camoranesi who finally scores the 4-2 goal converting a penalty given by the referee after Amelia’s foul on Tacchinardi.

JUVENTUS - LIVORNO 4-2
GOALS: 17'fh Del Piero, 25'fh e 45'sh (pen.) Camoranesi, 42' fh Vidigal, 30'sh Ibrahimovic, 35'sh Melara

JUVENTUS: Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Olivera (18'sh Tacchinardi), Emerson, Nedved; Ibrahimovic (40'sh Pessotto), Del Piero (22'sh Zalayeta).
Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Montero, Pessotto, Birindelli, Tacchinardi, Kapo, Zalayeta.

LIVORNO: Amelia; Balleri (45'sh Pfertzel), Galante, Vargas, Melara; Vidigal, Passoni, Grauso (31'sh Colombo), Doga; Danilevicius, Vigiani.
Manager: Colomba. Substitutes: Mareggini, Grandoni, Pfertzel, Giallombardo, Osei, Colombo, Ruotolo.

REFEREE: Farina
YELLOW CARDS: 26'fh Nedved, 36'fh Balleri, 24'sh Vidigal, 39'sh Tacchinardi,
44'sh Amelia
SPECTATORS: 21.445
PROCEEDS: 409.021

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
I voti dei quotidiani

LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto 6), Del Piero 6.5 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

TUTTOSPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 7 (40’st Pessotto 6.5), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5; Camoranesi 6.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 7 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

LA STAMPA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto 6), Del Piero 6.5 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

LA REPUBBLICA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

IL CORRIERE DELLA SERA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 5.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ilovemarek ] ++
I voti dei quotidiani

LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto 6), Del Piero 6.5 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

TUTTOSPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 7 (40’st Pessotto 6.5), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5; Camoranesi 6.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 7 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

LA STAMPA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7.5, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6.5), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto 6), Del Piero 6.5 (22’st Zalayeta 6.5).

LA REPUBBLICA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5 (18’st Tacchinardi 6), Emerson 5.5, Nedved 5.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

IL CORRIERE DELLA SERA:
Buffon 6; Zebina 5, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 7, Olivera 5.5 (18’st Tacchinardi 5.5), Emerson 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5 (40’st Pessotto sv), Del Piero 6 (22’st Zalayeta 6).

from official website.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
No Untouchables At Juve-Capello
1/9/2005 11:48:00 PM
Even though Juventus skipper Alessandro Del Piero found the net against Livorno, he was replaced by coach Fabio Capello midway through the second half once again in this season.
“In that moment I needed a player like Zalayeta who could immediately make a mark on the match. My choices aren’t dictated by any particular positive or negative feelings I have towards a player,” Capello explained.

“They are no untouchables in my Juve. All the players have to understand this concept,” Capello added.

Juventus defeated Livorno 4-2 on Sunday to stay top of the Serie A table.

source: goal.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
no untouchables, this means that we could sell the lieks of Zambrotta and Buffon for Crazy money...and get the players like: Frey, Chivu, Jankulovski, Pizarro, Cassano, Joaquin and sh1t, but I dont want it to happen :p

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
This match had a positive sign and a negative one.

the positive thing that we scored 4 goals which did not happen since more than a year (i dont know when was the last time we scored 4 goals in one match).

the negative thing that a team like lavorno was able to score 2 goals although their two attacker (locarilli and brotti) did not play:(

Aug 26, 2003
I agree, in Defense we have to stay more concentrated!

Maybe Capello tries to become out a reaction of Del Piero that he is working even more harder with subing him all the time!
I don't know, what in the end matters is the success of the whole team!

FOrza Juve!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
I agree, in Defense we have to stay more concentrated!

Maybe Capello tries to become out a reaction of Del Piero that he is working even more harder with subing him all the time!
I don't know, what in the end matters is the success of the whole team!

FOrza Juve!
Thats right...

Forza Juventus !

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I saw Juventus-Livorno as an experimental game for Capello, as he finally risk to begin a game with only one contention midfielder, playing Olivera instead of the regular Blasi-Appiah choice.
The result were a very logical one, because as we improve in our offensive display, we also loose lots of bitting presure in the middle, and it was clearly seen until Tacchi entrance return things to normal

Lets face it, part of our defensive strenght is based in our two contentions scheme. This is not a new thing, also when Lippi coached the post-zizou juve, it was the same.
To search now for a more offensive oriented midfield can be done against minor enemies like Livorno, but i think that Capello learn his lesson with the two goals we allowed.

BTW, there are still people demanding Camo to be subbed???

ilovemarek

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
no untouchables, this means that we could sell the lieks of Zambrotta and Buffon for Crazy money...and get the players like: Frey, Chivu, Jankulovski, Pizarro, Cassano, Joaquin and sh1t , but I dont want it to happen :p

Who is "sh1t"??:confused:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I don´t know if you saw that.. Juve is playing differently, I saw the game against parma.. the players are moving a lot more up front.. juve plays offensivly than last year..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)