[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (21 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

What should Ibra do? Say: “No thanks Capello, I do not want to play this game”?
Every Interview he makes he speaks highly of Del Piero.
On the other hand Capello has a game-plan where he belives that with Zlatan on the pitch he gets more out of the game. Not necessary cause Zlatan Is the better player!!! He is another type of player…
What does my post have anything to do about comparing Del Piero to Ibrahimovic? What I was saying is that people are having a hard time accepting objective criticism towards Ibrahimovic and Capello. I stated earlier that last year people gave Del Piero lots of criticism and took it too far by insulting him, and now since Ibrahimovic is not playing at his best we should be able to criticise him as well. This whole argument full of insults started with objective criticism towards Zlatan, but some people just became upset because they could not handle fair comments about their favorite player. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with that post..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
sorry andy but calling out the swedes are not a necisery comment, it's the same as saying americans dont know soccer. yeah it's not true. I have been a juve fan since 5-6 years ago, btu I found this forum last year. I am abig fan of zlatan, but also of juve. I remember the days when Ravanelli played etc.

I apologize for my remarks andy.

Apr 26, 2004
The last match:

Won:
Season 1991/92 28th matchday, April 04th 1992
Juventus - Ascoli: 1-0
Baggio (53° ®)

Drawn
Season 1986/87 21th matchday, March 08th 1987
Juventus - Ascoli 2-2
20° Benedetti (aut.), 34° Laudrup, 44° Caricola (aut.), 51° Pusceddu

Lost
Season 1979/80 14th matchday, December 30th 1979
Juventus - Ascoli 2-3
8° Anastasi, 17° Tavola, 34° Cuccureddu (aut.), 67° Bellotto, 81° Cabrini

The balance spans all matches played in the national championships (A, B, C), from the introduction of the single round (1929/30) and Coppa Italia matches in 1922 up to today.

There are no precedents between Ascoli coach Giampaolo and Fabio Capello, neither between Giampaolo and Juventus. Fabio Capello has met Ascoli twice in his career and won both matches.

Apr 26, 2004
Here is the list of players called up for Juventus-Ascoli:
4 Vieira
6 Kovac
8 Emerson
9 Ibrahimovic
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
14 Balzaretti
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Mutu
19 Zambrotta
20 Blasi
22 Bonnefoi
23 Giannichedda
24 Olivera
25 Zalayeta
26 Gladstone
27 Zebina
28 Cannavaro
32 Abbiati

Apr 26, 2004
Maximum points for Capello’s team that, after Chievo and Empoli, defeats Ascoli as well. Two goals by Del Piero at the Delle Alpi for a 2-1 awarding Juventus three precious points.
In the day of party for Trezeguet, to whom supporters dedicate banners and choirs celebrating his 100th goal in black&white outfit, Capello’s team face up to Ascoli, that despite new promotion don’t surrender as witness, in fact attempts to create worry for Italian champions with Bielanovic’s out of target volley (7’) and Quagliarella well opposed by Abbiati (12’). Juventus directs the game and right on the first chance reaches goal. Nedved attempts a shot, Domizzi intercepts with a hand, and referee concedes a penalty kick converted by Del Piero (13’). While the Bianconeri defend advantage, Ascoli manage to equalize with Carriello whose right legged shot gets deflected to goal (32’). Capello’s squad unremittingly regains advantage on 39’ thanks to an outstanding free kick by Del Piero. Late in the first half new efforts with Cannavaro’s header and Camoranesi.

During restart Capello sends in Ibrahimovic for Trezeguet. Juventus preserves the lead and attempts goal in the early stage with Nedved, but with bad luck. Ibrahimovic engages Coppola on a free kick (34’), while on 37’ a massive shot by Nedved is saved by the goalkeeper. Two minutes later Ibrahimovic, served finely by Camoranesi missed the target far behind. No great excitement in a second half where Ascoli, despite improved offensively, never created danger to a watchful Bianconeri’s defence.

JUVENTUS – ASCOLI 2-1
GOALS: 13’fh (pen.) e 39’ fh Del Piero, 32’fh Cariello
JUVENTUS: Abbiati; Zebina (4’fh Blasi), Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet.
Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Bonnefoi, Blasi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Ibrahimoivc, Mutu, Zalayeta.
ASCOLI: Coppola; Comotto, Cudini, Domizzi, Del Grosso; Carrello (6’sh Ferrante), Crishiano, Parola, Fini; Bjelanovic (35’sh Colombo), Quagliarella (6’sh Foggia).
Manager: Silva. Substitutes: Zotti, Paci, Carbone, Foggia, Guana, Ferrante, Colombo.
REFEREE: Tagliavento
YELLOW CARDS: 16’fh Crishiano, 43’sh Camoranesi, 44’sh Fini, 45’sh Nedved
ATTENDANCE: 27.293
PROCEEDS: 361.839

Apr 26, 2004
‘In the first half hour we suffered Ascoli’s aggressiveness and dynamic; after the draw we woke up and directed the game. Through the restart it was a better going: we didn’t take risks and created three clear cuts.’ Fabio Capello expected a tough match against Ascoli, both for the Cup’s tiredness and the character of the Marches team: ‘I expected such an Ascoli and warned my players. Obviously I wasn’t understood, because in the first half they created troubles. Naturally the Cup’s commitment took its toll, in fact I believe the other teams that played throughout Europe lacked some freshness.’ Man of the day was Alex Del Piero, who, scoring double, fully met Capello’s estimate: ‘I told he was in great shape and I think I wasn’t wrong. He’s an important player for us.’
The last thought of the Bianconeri’s manager is for the shocking defeat of A.C. Milan in Genoa allowing Juventus a five points margin in the table over the Rossoneri: ‘We must consider that they played away twice, something we will do at Udine and Parma. Everybody talked about how three teams were stronger than the rest, but actually there are at least five, six line-ups capable of giving troubles to every opponent.’

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What does my post have anything to do about comparing Del Piero to Ibrahimovic? What I was saying is that people are having a hard time accepting objective criticism towards Ibrahimovic and Capello. I stated earlier that last year people gave Del Piero lots of criticism and took it too far by insulting him, and now since Ibrahimovic is not playing at his best we should be able to criticise him as well. This whole argument full of insults started with objective criticism towards Zlatan, but some people just became upset because they could not handle fair comments about their favorite player. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with that post..
Fair enough.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I cringe at some of the posts i am reading on here. Its not even entertaining exchange of views about football anymore its insult after insult after insult.

On the one hand you have the Zlatan supporters , probably from Sweden who take exception to anything anyone says by way of criticism and then accuse everyone of being pro Dp , if you do not support Lord Zlatan and on the other hand you have God

Dp can do no wrong in some ppl's eyes.

Now the funny thing is that both guys have done very well to make Juve great, Dp far more than Zlatan but he has been here longer
I do not have a problem with either player, the one i cannot stomach is the manager, who picks his teams stupidly in my view and is even worse when it comes to using substitutes.

Now if you guys wanna bicker and rain abuse on eachother, it might be better to open a Dp vs Zlatan thread , so those of us who wanna talk about something else and do not have to read your bile unless we subscribe to that thread.

I mean some of the stuff being said are not just laughable but you wonder .

Please keep the racial slurs to a zero cos its not tolerated by me at all.

Juve_kosova, your signature about hating Dp, can i just ask you if all those countries of ppl who live by hate, whether its done them any good? You do not hate ppl becaos others love them or because others overpraise them, you hate because you have got it in you to hate someone you do not know, and in my book thats vile and despicable.

Then of course there is the unintentional comedy when someone thinks that as long as Zlatan looks at the ball and someone else's scores , he deserves an assist for that goal.

Dp fans , if you cannot take criticisms of your hero, then do not dish out willy nilly, Zlatan does not pick the team, so stop looking out for evey mistake he does and hoping he makes mistakes so as to give you ammunition to come on here and talk garbage
And of course vice versa

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,457
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    GUYS, JUVE JUST SIGNED MUTU!!!!!

:rolleyes:
    :LOL:

Reports say that scouts from urugay have dug out the new talented defender by the name montero. he is expected to sign with juve this summer.
    :LOL:

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I cringe at some of the posts i am reading on here. Its not even entertaining exchange of views about football anymore its insult after insult after insult.

On the one hand you have the Zlatan supporters , probably from Sweden who take exception to anything anyone says by way of criticism and then accuse everyone of being pro Dp , if you do not support Lord Zlatan and on the other hand you have God

Dp can do no wrong in some ppl's eyes.

Now the funny thing is that both guys have done very well to make Juve great, Dp far more than Zlatan but he has been here longer
    I do not have a problem with either player, the one i cannot stomach is the manager, who picks his teams stupidly in my view and is even worse when it comes to using substitutes.

Now if you guys wanna bicker and rain abuse on eachother, it might be better to open a Dp vs Zlatan thread , so those of us who wanna talk about something else and do not have to read your bile unless we subscribe to that thread.

I mean some of the stuff being said are not just laughable but you wonder .

Please keep the racial slurs to a zero cos its not tolerated by me at all.

Juve_kosova, your signature about hating Dp, can i just ask you if all those countries of ppl who live by hate, whether its done them any good? You do not hate ppl becaos others love them or because others overpraise them, you hate because you have got it in you to hate someone you do not know, and in my book thats vile and despicable.

Then of course there is the unintentional comedy when someone thinks that as long as Zlatan looks at the ball and someone else's scores , he deserves an assist for that goal.

Dp fans , if you cannot take criticisms of your hero, then do not dish out willy nilly, Zlatan does not pick the team, so stop looking out for evey mistake he does and hoping he makes mistakes so as to give you ammunition to come on here and talk garbage
    And of course vice versa
    The right spirit.
    To much of a "war" between us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)