[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-3 Napoli [August 31st, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I predict a similar starting lineup to our last game but the side will be really fired up for the this.

The first home game of the season. The first big test. Sarri's old side. Our rivals.

I predict we see even better attacking play this time out and score at least 3.

We will murder Napoli.

We. Will. Murder. Them

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Too early to say about the result, let a week of transfers pass before we see who we have available to start but yeah, the same lineup as today.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Pretty obvious that Danilo and Rabiot must start, replacing the two weak performers from today. The rest is ok, maybe its a gambe for De Ligt to debut vs Napoli, after the international break seems fine. One of the two kids should win his spot and install the ex Milan captain on the bench for a long period of time, hopefully close to eternity. Also Gonzalo should definitely start.

Jun 6, 2015
I think the only change will be Rabiot starting. Of course injuries could change that. Dougie C. and Pjanic are the ones I'm worried about. They took some damage against Parma.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Need to watch out for Mertens taking flight in this game. Apparently that's a penalty for Napoli under the new VAR rules.
Honestly Im not worried about Napoli.. We are much stronger on paper and even if we lose I am still confident of the scudetto although in order to win in Europe we need to have a crazy improvement as I saw too many things I didnt like vs Parma (I would have said the same should we won 3-0 that game)

- - - Updated - - -

First healthy lost
I prefer a healthy win..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know Matuidi is not flavour of the month but Rabiot was awful when he came on against Parma. I think he lost the ball three times in a row and two were countering chances. He hasn't played real matches for months.

These new players need time, I know people are impatient but this clamour to get them in the line up ASAP can be detrimental. Eventually the team will settle but right now the coach needs to pick who is most ready to play.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I know Matuidi is not flavour of the month but Rabiot was awful when he came on against Parma. I think he lost the ball three times in a row and two were countering chances. He hasn't played real matches for months.

These new players need time, I know people are impatient but this clamour to get them in the line up ASAP can be detrimental. Eventually the team will settle but right now the coach needs to pick who is most ready to play.
:agree: Rabiot is a decent player but not a world beater like Pogba, for example.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
It was hard to work out whether it was because of a lack of match practice/rust, nerves or just being lost having to play on the right side of a 3 whilst having a non-existent right foot.

Looked decent in pre-season, but then pre-season always tends to make fools of us.

Also, considering we’ve had players given at least a one match ban for diving, it would be criminal if Mertens isn’t banned for that ridiculous dive that massa fell for and Valeri for some unknown reason did not overturn. Amazingly, it’s barely even being mentioned.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Play the old guard. Not the right time and opponent to introduce the likes of Rabiot and DeLigt. Plenty of time to ease them in during the next games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)