[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 0 Napoli (20th Oct 2012) (25 Viewers)

Juve 2 - 0 Garbage Men - 20Oct2012 - Man of the Match

• Giovinco

• Pogba

• Caceres

• Marchisio

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Bonucci

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
Napoli were underwhelming. They were very physical, but lacked innovation and purpose. Cavani was their only threat. We didn't play our best match, but against the second best team in the league; I think it's clear that we have a far superior squad. This win was crucial, not because it's going to decide the Scudetto but because of the huge morale boost it will give us.

We need Vidal to up his game. I haven't seen his intensity in a while. He seems very frustrated. Marchiso has been outstanding for 4 consecutive games and that is worth something. Pirlo had an okay game, with one brilliant pass to Matri. Speaking of Matri, he is just not good enough. He's useful as a poacher, but in games like these where you don't get clear cut chances, Matri is pretty much useless.

Giovinco deserves a lot of praise for his performance. He was quick, dynamic, full of pace, and ideas and was a constant threat to Napoli throughout the game.
I think he will be a very important asset with time; especially when he grows in confidence. I'm sure Conte will get the best out of him. Caceres scores when you least expect him to. That is, when off form, on the bench, and disregarded. Good for him. I'm very happy for Pogba, who I think is an excellent player. He has better ball control than most of the players on the team; he is calm, confident, and is very mature for someone his age. He also looked very pumped up when he came in. Loved his goal, very well taken strike. He should get much more playing time.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
BOOM BITCHES! Gloat town coming up ahead.

But seriously, this guy deserves to start a lot more matches imo. We've found the successor to Pirlo.
Pogba is great, and he's going to have a fantastic future but I don't think he'll be a good successor to Pirlo. I think he plays the best when he's closer to goal, not sitting in front of the defence.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Pogba is great, and he's going to have a fantastic future but I don't think he'll be a good successor to Pirlo. I think he plays the best when he's closer to goal, not sitting in front of the defence.
We'll just play a different style then :D

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Verratti was the successor for Pirlo. Shame we couldnt get him.

Very good game tonight but does anyone else feel that Asamoah doesnt add anything for the team? From what I have seen in the last matches, he doesnt defend and in attack always try the same move going outside the defender. Is that his natural position?

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Very good game tonight but does anyone else feel that Asamoah doesnt add anything for the team? From what I have seen in the last matches, he doesnt defend and in attack always try the same move going outside the defender. Is that his natural position?
Ha ha ha ha, get out.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What you did forget is that Pogba > Verrati.

Verrati is like Bulbasaur but Pogba is Charmander. Actually, he kinda looks more like Charmeleon but you get my point.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, I forgot that Pirlo was already a world class player when he was 19.
Before you're going to annoint some 19-year-old as the obvious heir to one of football's all-time-greats and players of the year, maybe you should not get ahead of yourself and let the boy play a few competitive years first ... it's all I'm sayin'.

There are far too many pedophiliac clowns who start publicly working some boy's tool as the successor to some all-time-great long before there's any concrete evidence of it in legitimate competition. Pogba has proven more than Verratti at this stage, as far as I'm concerned. And neither has done jack shit yet.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Are you being serious? Asamoah is consistently one of our better players. He owns the left side of the pitch all the time.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Are you being serious? Asamoah is consistently one of our better players. He owns the left side of the pitch all the time.
I agree with you man Collaguazo doesn't know what he's talking about. Kojo was a beast today, completely owned Maggio on the left flank.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They weren't in control but they were the slightly better team with the more dangerous chances.
napoli

- freekick needlesly given away by vidal that hit the bar with alot of luck
- pandev getting the ball after a vidal mistake, but perfecty solved by marchisio

Juventus

- gio's early chance
- matri alone in front of goal
- asamoah's chance that ended up in row D
- marchisio's shot
- giovinco's shot that should have been on target
- goal di caceres
- goal di pogba

Napoli had possession at times on our half, but couldnt break us down, were we broke them down on multiple occasions

Verratti was the successor for Pirlo. Shame we couldnt get him.

- kept maggio out of the game
- defensively ? he's standing tackles rival vidal's
- got past defenders on his flank a few times
- good pass to giovinco that should have scored it
- nothing good came from napoli on that flank the entire game

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juve lodge Napoli complaints

Juventus have lodged complaints after a member of the Napoli kit staff allegedly slapped a steward and ultras wrecked the stadium toilets.

The Bianconeri won this evening’s match 2-0, but the controversy appears to be rumbling on for events off the field.

An investigation has been launched after a so far unidentified member of the Napoli kit staff allegedly slapped a steward in the tunnel just before the final whistle.

Juve have also lodged a complaint that Napoli fans wrecked the toilets for the away end of the Juventus Stadium.

It is believed the hooligans smashed walls, broke down doors and purposefully flooded the toilets by blocking drains and turning on the taps.

F.I

Filthy animals, i mean why on earth would they want to wreck our toilets just to match their city?

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Before you're going to annoint some 19-year-old as the obvious heir to one of football's all-time-greats and players of the year, maybe you should not get ahead of yourself and let the boy play a few competitive years first ... it's all I'm sayin'.

There are far too many pedophiliac clowns who start publicly working some boy's tool as the successor to some all-time-great long before there's any concrete evidence of it in legitimate competition. Pogba has proven more than Verratti at this stage, as far as I'm concerned. And neither has done jack $#@! yet.
So you too as well dont get ahead of yourself and write him off just because he had a bad match. I never said he is the obvious heir of Pirlo, I am not trying to say that Verratti being world class is a fact. I just gave my view so relax.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying that he is a bad player but I feel he is lost sometimes. Thats why I was asking if he is playing in his natural position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)