[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Cesena (Dec. 4th 2011) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Vidal

• Marchisio

• Pazienza

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte asked for continuity and our team delivered!
We are really Pirlo dependent, we had the opportunity today to try for new faces and formations, but we didnt.
Our standard issues were exposed yet again (defensive solidarity and lack of prolific strikers)
but it was a game against a relegate battler, one even a mid table team should win with ease and so we did!

Positive performances from Pazienza and Giacche today, Bonucci was yet again our worst player and DP took one more for the team...
The point is though that we are back on top and still living the dream that started from the very first day of this championship!
wtf did you watch?

we created countless chances just lacked luck and finish

as for problems in defence? loool cesena didn't even trouble the defence!

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Must admit was a harsh penalty but even so with the red card, but id happily take that not based on how we performed but simply because its football shit splurts in all directions and this time it was in our favour. On another note im a little worried that gradually teams will continually play like this, our forwards will continue try coming back holding the ball. I saw only the latter half of the game but this whole idea of coming back so reminds me of our previous seasons. Some things to consider or atleast take even from this game and build on, however the 3 points were crucial, keep em coming.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Alen list me a couple of players that deserve to be on the list for MoM please.
Marchisio and Vidal will get all the votes.

The defenders and Buffon had absolutely no job, but you can add Licht.

Marchisio, Vidal, Licht, Pazienza, Giaccherini, Chiellini and Vucinic (the last two not so much)

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
good effort grinding out the win

I really believe we need someone similar to vucinic in pepe's place for games like this...his ridiculous work rate, while always appreciated, isn't really necessary in games like this. Could have started quag there, or given krasic, elia, esti a shot.

anyone have our final possesion stats?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think our main issue against these small sides is tactics. We seem to never find space against provincial clubs with this 4-3-3 and have scraped wins or ended up with draws because of it. When a team is in a deadlock like that the best thing to do is let the opposition think they can score. Draw out their players and create space for yourself! By this I mean of course changing back to the 4-2-4. I think an extra attacker would have been enough to open up the game and allow us to diversify our attacks a little. We seemed to try 1-2's through the middle over and over again only to see them cut off each time. With the 4-2-4 we could have played wider.

Anyway I'm glad we got the points. Marchisio and Vidal are turning into such fine players this could be the start of something really beautiful.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Marchisio and Vidal will get all the votes.

The defenders and Buffon had absolutely no job, but you can add Licht.

Marchisio, Vidal, Licht, Pazienza, Giaccherini, Chiellini and Vucinic (the last two not so much)
Yeah it's either Vidal or Marchisio either way. IMO it's Vidal today, he was great.

Thanks.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
good effort grinding out the win

I really believe we need someone similar to vucinic in pepe's place for games like this...his ridiculous work rate, while always appreciated, isn't really necessary in games like this. Could have started quag there, or given krasic, elia, esti a shot.

anyone have our final possesion stats?
74%

frick

Apr 4, 2010
We dominated for an hour, missed several chances, Conte surprisingly took off Vucinic for Del Piero. Del Piero was linking up well with fellow sub Quag, then some cunt called Rossi kicked Ale in the head and he was all bleeding and had to be stretchered, so some midget called Giaccherini came on. Then Marchisio scored a sick left foot shot. Then the referee realised he had to make up for being a blind bastard so he sent Antonioli off and gave Juve a penalty for no apparent reason. So Cesena had to play some bald guy defender in goal. He made the sort of penalty save attempt my sister did when she was 11 years old, and Vidal stroked it in. Then we pretended to try and score some more goals, but only Quagliarella really tried to because he is desperate, and the bald guy saved it with his feet. Then Lichtsteiner made a great save from Vidal to prevent him scoring again. FT 2-0.
@bold :lol:
Funny but probably true. :D

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Im going to defy the engine vidal and his hard work by going with Marchisio for MOM. Based on one thing a goal. Productivity counts so much more than hardwork. That goal was everything. Otherwise we may just may have been complaining about how we tried but couldnt produce a win.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Im going to defy the engine vidal and his hard work by going with Marchisio for MOM. Based on one thing a goal. Productivity counts so much more than hardwork. That goal was everything. Otherwise we may just may have been complaining about how we tried but couldnt produce a win.
That's fair enough

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Indeed a WC finish from Marchisio, but Vidal did assist him on that goal. Based on the entire game, I don't think that Marchisio deserves to be MoM - not because he had a bad game, Vidal just dominated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)