[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Atalanta (October 25th, 2015) (29 Viewers)

MoM

• Dybala

• Pogba

• Atalanta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Start of a make or break stretch for this season. We have 5 easy Serie A matches in a row now... If we don't gain at least 13 points from this stretch, the season can be relegated to the dustbin.

Same thing with the return leg against Gladbach. Must win game.

Make or break time for Allegri.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
as long as zaza doesnt play im cool
:tup: +Rep

- - - Updated - - -
@Hustini I am not defending Pogba's form. He has been horrid in a few games, but last night wasn't one of them. He had zero support from Marchisio and Khedira in midfield, Cuadrado looked exhausted, and absolutely no support from the strikers (well Morata helped a little). He was the only outfield player trying to make anything happen, and he did provide a couple of sublime passes and tested the keeper on a couple of occasions. Did anyone else do that? Did anyone else take the initiative? Fuck no!

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
An out form Pogba is still 2 3 levels above Marchisio mate.
Pogba needs something to get his form and confidence back. Maybe a rest is the solution, maybe it will take some pressure off. I feel he is at a critical point and should be dealt with the most professional way. The international break didn't do wonders...

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #65
    :tup: +Rep

- - - Updated - - -
    @Hustini I am not defending Pogba's form. He has been horrid in a few games, but last night wasn't one of them. He had zero support from Marchisio and Khedira in midfield, Cuadrado looked exhausted, and absolutely no support from the strikers (well Morata helped a little). He was the only outfield player trying to make anything happen, and he did provide a couple of sublime passes and tested the keeper on a couple of occasions. Did anyone else do that? Did anyone else take the initiative? Fuck no!
    But when he was trying to "make something happen" as you say he over complicated it when all he had to do was the simple things that actually would have made something happen. That's the irony here.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Please Allegri...... let Dybala mature a little more than 75 minutes at the very least!.

Every second counts for him to become a real mature man!!!.

Zaza and Mandzukic have matured too much in the last couple of games.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    It doesn't really, 1 shot on target out of 10 is still shit. You sound like you are arguing about the size of the turd. In the end it's still a turd.
    But why stop with 19? Why not claim that he had 6900 shots and only 1 were on target?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    How can 19 off target shots test a keeper? he had 2 shots on target one of which was from a free kick.
    I embellish, but another one or two of his 10 shots for the game were also quite close. My point is, that it's not like our static forwards were giving him much of an option and on the few occasions where passing might have seemed appropriate he did so only to see Mandzukic and Morata over play the ball themselves and get shut down. He didn't set the world on fire but if he's shown he's started to get into some kind of rhythm, why would you bench him thereafter? That's just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

But when he was trying to "make something happen" as you say he over complicated it when all he had to do was the simple things that actually would have made something happen. That's the irony here.
    Like a lateral/backwards pass? That wouldn't have magically opened Borrussia up. He needed to take some initiative and try the hard things without being unrealistic like in previous games where he would dribble one player too many for example and lose the ball most times he touched it. The game against Borrussia was no such example.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #72
    Like a lateral/backwards pass? That wouldn't have magically opened Borrussia up. He needed to take some initiative and try the hard things without being unrealistic like in previous games where he would dribble one player too many for example and lose the ball most times he touched it. The game against Borrussia was no such example.
    There was at least one time where Morata was open to his left when Pogba decided to fire off a shot off target. Conversely, Pogba was furious at Morata for the exact same thing. Allegri keeps mentioned the simple things he isn't doing.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    Start of a make or break stretch for this season. We have 5 easy Serie A matches in a row now... If we don't gain at least 13 points from this stretch, the season can be relegated to the dustbin.

This

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    But why stop with 19? Why not claim that he had 6900 shots and only 1 were on target?
    19 wasn't a number I came up with and when I stand corrected. It still doesn't make his performance any better and that's basically the point

- - - Updated - - -

I embellish, but another one or two of his 10 shots for the game were also quite close. My point is, that it's not like our static forwards were giving him much of an option and on the few occasions where passing might have seemed appropriate he did so only to see Mandzukic and Morata over play the ball themselves and get shut down. He didn't set the world on fire but if he's shown he's started to get into some kind of rhythm, why would you bench him thereafter? That's just stupid.
    I have never said and would never suggest benching him anyway even with his terrible games. Simply because the other options are much worse.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008

:tup:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Need a big win here
    Desperately need one.

:agree:
    Please Allegri...... let Dybala mature a little more than 75 minutes at the very least!.

Every second counts for him to become a real mature man!!!.

Zaza and Mandzukic have matured too much in the last couple of games.
    :xfinger:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Is that goals/shots? Because that's a meaningless statistic. Bottom teams might have a poor conversion rate because most of their shots are wide range efforts. Obviously only a few of those will go in. Big teams might have a poor conversion rate simply because they create so many chances and end up squandering a lot of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)