[Serie A] Juventus 1-4 Parma (6- January- 2011) (10 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe he could have waited longer but even in 10 minutes you could see that Parma were just walking through our midfield, it's risky and not as if Del Piero was looking in good shape anyway.
yeah I agree that Del Piero or Amauri should be sub. but not that soon.
Already there was Marchisio and Aquilani (CM)
I know he had no options, but thats not an excuse.

we used to win with 10 vs 11, and they called that Juve the phenomenal Juve....
but I guess we had players at the time who knew what is it to wear the Juve shirt

well Milan was without Ibra, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Nesta, Boateng, all first team and still managed to win because they don't have whores like Melo and Amauri in the team.

That is mentality.

I still don't know why is he insisting to play Sorensen?? Gregyra used to make defense more secured than Motta and Sorensen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Well i finally got internet working @ my new apartment but i missed this match. I guess that's a good thing though. I'm shocked to see Quag injured, he was becoming my favourite player and unless we get a good replacement in this transfer window it's going to be a long season.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Very late with this post, and many good points have been brought up...

First and foremost, Melo needs to not only be suspended by the league, but internally as well. His karate kick to the head of the Parma player was nothing short of criminal. This jerk-off (first words that came to mind to describe him) has no concept of the word TEAM, and the consequences that his actions will have on them.

Plain and simple, he lost us the game. If Quags injury wasnt bad enough, this imbecile definitely put the icing on the cake for a disasterous afternoon (or early morning where I was).

Melo needs to be benched for double digit games, and needs to realize that this is not an individual sport that he's involved with. If thats what he craves, with his background in karate and juijitsu, then I suggest he signs with the UFC, and he can be voted worst Brazilian fighter of all time. Put Marchisio back in the middle with Aqua, and throw Pepe back on the wing. Let Melo sit in the stands.

Amauri needs to be released from the team, and not sold. I dont believe anyone would be stupid enough to buy him. He has ZERO skill left, and reminds me of a boxer who's stayed around the game too long, and is making a fool of himself.

I'm not too happy with Del Neri either....I read comments yesterday that he feels bad for Melo (check football-italia video section for the exact quote), who he should feel bad for is the team, who Melo threw under the proverbial bus. Whats Del Neri's new prediction on the season gonna be ?? 4th place ?? Stay tuned, he's already made 5 different predictions

Marotta is also on my shit list. Signing Toni was a very early April fools joke.......he's about as useless and washed up as Amauri. So we are going to have an attacking lineup of DP and Toni...would have been great 5 years ago, but not now. Should have just kept Trez. Who will the next signing be, Angelo Di Livio ???

Moggi must be laughing his ass off......

Birindelli

Apr 16, 2008
In the work-up towards a dangerous Napoli-game, here are some thoughts on the Parma-disaster.

A few situations were in my mind clearly deciding for the match.

First, Quagliarellas injury. It not only meant that the most proflific forward was missing, it also meant that Amauri was needed when barely match fit. When match fit, Amauri isn't good enough to play for Juventus. Having Quagliarella up front throughout the game could have made things different.

Second, I think Krasic should have been awarded a penalty early on. There certainly was a lot of contact and the Serb was objected. A goal from that penalty kick would change how Parma approached the game.

Thrid, Melo. In his first 15 games this season he has produced some stability and he has been a presence in the middle of the field. The mistakes from last season have been mostly missing. Apart from a few games, Melo has been good so far. Then along came Parma and Paci, and Melo snapped. In a way he simply cannot allow himself to do. Losing a man 15 minutes into the game is horrible and certainly a big factor in how the game played out.

Had any of these three situations ended differently for Juventus, I think the result would have been a completely different one, and a much more pleasing one, for Juventus.

Also the two goals from Giovinco momentarily before and after the break are demoralizing. Delneris fault, I think, was to expose too much too early on in the second half. Playing a man down isn't a death sentence, there are certainly possibilities even if the other team still are 11.

This is where the fourth situation comes to mind. When Amauri played the ball over Palettas head, and the defender decided to handball it, the Argentinian should clearly be sent off. Both the handball it self could be enough, but also the situation, where Amauri would have been clear on goal had Paletta not fouled, qualified for a red card. Moments later Legrottaglie reduced Parmas lead.

The fifth situation is where Crespo was awarded the penalty. I think that situation was very similar to the Krasic-situation, and it's aggravating that the referee chose differently on the two occasions. This happened straight after Legrottaglies goal. Again, Delneri was at fault for not instilling confidence in the players and telling them to be patient. And again, the time of the goal was demoralizing.

In the second half, had any of those situations ended differently, I think Juventus would have equalled the score or even won the game.

This Parma-game was a case of Murphy's law, and is not representative of the strength of this Juventus team. Even if I'm not terribly optimistic looking forward to the Napoli game, at least there are explanations as to why Juve lost on Thursday. I hope Juventus will strike back against Napoli!

Forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)