[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-3 Calciopoli Directors (3rd Nov 2012) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - Juve vs Sphincter

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Barzagli

• Tagliavento +4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Because last year he was the only player that was able to score, until conte favored borriello

- - - Updated - - -

I would change isla for pepe but overall i totally agree
Isla is at least equal to Pepe in pace going foward, but can cross better. Pepe can do more defensive work but I think we need to give Isla a run of a couple games to see just how deadly he is or isn't. With Pepe we already know what we are getting, which is fin and all....but not so much with Isla because we haven't given him a chance to settle and shine.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
Isla is at least equal to Pepe in pace going foward, but can cross better. Pepe can do more defensive work but I think we need to give Isla a run of a couple games to see just how deadly he is or isn't. With Pepe we already know what we are getting, which is fin and all....but not so much with Isla because we haven't given him a chance to settle and shine.
I agree but thats if conte changes formation, he wont for the game aganist nordsjaelland

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The results were there, so we became too complacent. It was really hard to "wake up" while you're winning. It won't be easy to wake up now, even after a defeat. We got used to the atmosphere and it's not going to be easy to find back the hunger. I expect a defeat against Lazio, tbh. Then the Chelsea match. That's to be or not to be, not only in Europe, but it will also have a huge influence on our season in serie A. If we don't become "last year's hungry Juve" for that match, then we won't become that team again this season.
Yes, I am aware of that and this is why I am for seeing that Inter will enjoy a decent lead on top come the winter break. I only wish we won't drop to third place and start fighting with Fiorentina and Roma.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They should win 100% on Wednesday and i expect nothing but a win. That being said, it is not my fault if all of the sudden 3,4 players in the starting line-up suddenly decided that they will not "show-up" for the game or if our coach/es are stubborn as fuck so as not to see that and do something about it...... And about the Scudetto, i aint stupid, i know that there are 38 games in Seria A and that nothing is decided in the first 10 games of the season.
What all of a sudden? Ever since the Chelsea game we have been like that but the results were coming blinding many fans.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You think we will give up the top spot?
In two matches it will be Inter up there. By Christmas we will be trailing by several points. The wake up call last night was not for the players but for the fans that we have huge problems. I still don't understand why we bought Asamoah and Isla, spending our biggest part of the budget on players we don't really need.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
In two matches it will be Inter up there. By Christmas we will be trailing by several points. The wake up call last night was not for the players but for the fans that we have huge problems. I still don't understand why we bought Asamoah and Isla, spending our biggest part of the budget on players we don't really need.
We did really need another CM though, you can see how tired they've been as it is. Asamoah is a good purchase. Definitely couldn't have predicted Pogba to assimilate this well, and as far as the kid is concerned, it's still early days - he'll probably have some rough patches.

The Isla purchase was/is the perplexing one, but he's a good player, hopefully he starts to come through soon.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We did really need another CM though, you can see how tired they've been as it is. Asamoah is a good purchase. Definitely couldn't have predicted Pogba to assimilate this well, and as far as the kid is concerned, it's still early days - he'll probably have some rough patches.

The Isla purchase was/is the perplexing one, but he's a good player, hopefully he starts to come through soon.
We needed a CM so we bought Asamoah to play him on the left? Explain further please.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The biggest question is though why Pirlo is never benched. The second big question is how come we look more tired after ever match and we are still in November while rotating like crazy.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We needed a CM so we bought Asamoah to play him on the left? Explain further please.
Well he's playing there, but I don't think we bought Asamoah to make him our dedicated LB/LWB.

We needed a good CM because we didn't really have a solid senior player for rotation (I'm not a fan of Giacch in the middle, too lightweight, Marrone still unproven, Pogba hadn't played any minutes in Serie A), so we bought one of the best young box-to-box CMs going. Asamoah is only 23.

I HIGHLY doubt that he was bought to play on the left, but DC was hurt early in the season, and we don't have great options. Seems like we almost bought Peluso in the summer, were interested in Armero, and one of them would have rotated with DC.

But Armero was too pricey (not surprising that Udinese didn't want to sell us 3 of their better players), and I'm assuming Marotta didn't buy Peluso because we have enough mediocre players already (even if that hasn't stopped Beppe at other times :D )

Asamoah is playing there, imo, because he's better than the other options, and it makes sense when you buy a new player who you envision being a member of the squad for a long time, to get him into games, get him settled into the team ASAP.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well he's playing there, but I don't think we bought Asamoah to make him our dedicated LB/LWB.

We needed a good CM because we didn't really have a solid senior player for rotation (I'm not a fan of Giacch in the middle, too lightweight, Marrone still unproven, Pogba hadn't played any minutes in Serie A), so we bought one of the best young box-to-box CMs going. Asamoah is only 23.

I HIGHLY doubt that he was bought to play on the left, but DC was hurt early in the season, and we don't have great options. Seems like we almost bought Peluso in the summer, were interested in Armero, and one of them would have rotated with DC.

But Armero was too pricey (not surprising that Udinese didn't want to sell us 3 of their better players), and I'm assuming Marotta didn't buy Peluso because we have enough mediocre players already (even if that hasn't stopped Beppe at other times :D )

Asamoah is playing there, imo, because he's better than the other options, and it makes sense when you buy a new player who you envision being a member of the squad for a long time, to get him into games, get him settled into the team ASAP.
Even if Asamoah is doing well as some claim he is still hurting us by playing out of position, he gives the ball away way too much and if he doesn't he rarely does anything worthy going forward. If he is there for defensive duties then we'd better change formation already.

Jul 20, 2012
Even if Asamoah is doing well as some claim he is still hurting us by playing out of position, he gives the ball away way too much and if he doesn't he rarely does anything worthy going forward. If he is there for defensive duties then we'd better change formation already.
idk what conte sees in giovinco and asmoah that he continues to play them, they are good but havent been playing amazingly. But asamoah is out of position so hes doing fine but i would much rather see players in their natural position

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I agree with this, JCK. I feel like you're being a bit harsh on his attacking abilities (I think he does lead the team in assists?), but I agree, we need more in attack from our LWB (both wingbacks, really), and I'm ready for us to play some 4-3-3. We need to keep that midfield 3 fresh if we're going to compete for trophies, Asamoah can really add a lot there.

Anyway, I've gotta run, have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)