[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Amauri : “If Marcello Lippi were to call me up for Italy, I would be the happiest man in the world,” he grinned".

Please focus on scoring goals first.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need new strikers indeed.

Iq and Amauri just dont cut it.

IQ scores 3 but miss 15 chances. And amauri doesnt even score.

They are just 2 of our gazzillion of problems.

Jun 20, 2009
Buffon - 6

Grygera - Just useless with the ball, poor defensively, same old stuff. 5

Cannavaro - 6.5

Chiellini - Made a few good tackles. 6.5

Grosso - Did well to get up the flank in the first half and put in some good crosses that were squandered by the strikers. 6.5

Poulsen - His best match of the season thus far. Did well defensively and made simple, accurate passes, plus had a secondary assist on the goal. Much, much better. 7

Melo - Once again he continues to make absolutely boneheaded decisions around our own box. It was on two occasions tonight, dribbling the ball out and passing it to the top of the box, both of which could have been goals for Viola. He NEEDS to stop doing this nonchalant crap around our area. He's not learning. 5.5

Sissoko - Good defensively, poor with the ball. Same old crap. How this guy played as a striker in his career with his passing ability actually gives me hope as a pro footballer. 5.5

Diego - I thought he was great away from the goal, making constructive passes out wide. But around the area, he messed up a bit. He still seems out of sorts, and that makes me worry. He's clearly not happy with himself, too. He'll get it right. 6

Amauri - He always does well holding up the ball, but that's all he's doing well right now. Still doesn't add much. 6

Iaquinta - Bench him, now. All he does is miss chances and then when he scores the 5th, he's the new Ronaldo. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve to play when he misses three chances in a row that I could have scored. Start Trez. He doesn't add anything apart from missed chances anyway. 5

Camoranesi - Not himself. 5.5

De Ceglie - Meh. NA

Trezeguet - NA

Ferrara - Ciro gets the zero. Jack was right, he got outsmarted by Prandelli. 0
Thanks for the review. Pretty agree with all of your points, but IMO Sissoko, Melo and Camo did not deserve a 5.5. Sissoko lost balls too much and also did not help the right wing enough; Melo still abused his dribbling skill and Camo did almost nothing except winning a foul.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really hate this 4-3-1-2 and i had a big doubt over it since we heard that we will play with it... we don't have the players to play this formation and it's to fuckin related to one player!!
We don't have the players to play the straight 4-4-2 either, so basically, we're screwed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thanks for the review. Pretty agree with all of your points, but IMO Sissoko, Melo and Camo did not deserve a 5.5. Sissoko lost balls too much and also did not help the right wing enough; Melo still abused his dribbling skill and Camo did almost nothing except winning a foul.
That's fair, perhaps 5's are in order.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
honestly i think this is a good result and people here are giving it way more than it deserves. i think ferrara played his subs well and the one that seems to have turned some people here into his enemies was a correct sub. if u guys have;nt noticed juventus tends to concede in the last 15 mins of the second half and it was only right that he sends in dc to help with the defending considering he reverted into a 4-4-2 system and it payed off hence the draw. yes it would've been nice to go for the win but a draw after a poor game against palermo is in my honest opinion a good place to start after the international break.

now we go on to giovinco, i think most of the members who seem to mention him in every post need to face reality GIOVINCO is no saviour. he wont magically get on the field and turn into the guy who scores the winning goal for us. giovinco yes as talented as he is, is just not ready physically to break his way into this team. i think it would be in our best interest to actually loan him come jan so he can gain more expierence and may be then he would be ready to get his starting place at juventus, until then i dont see why alot of members here keep mentioning him every single game.

diego being poor!! ok the thing i know is this, nearly all of us begged that he come to juve and now that he is here we dont have the courtesy of giving him time to adjust to our team!! i mean come on its not like zidane stepped in and amazed the world in his first season, the same applies to nedved who toke a good while to win every one over. so i think diego should be given time and i'm sure he will blast into life soon.

melo is a great player, with amazing abilities but just needs to concentrate the entire 90 mins and i'm sure he will justify his hefty price tag which seems to be an important reason of debate over here for some wierd reason i can never understand as hard as i try.

i think we r alright and hopefully things will fall into there right place soon just give ferrara time and benefit of the doubt after all its his debut season as a manager at juve.
all respect to you Bisco but i don't agree with u on this post..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We don't have to buy forwards, we can play with one when Del Piero is not available. Diego needs someone who can play the ball with him, not two towers!

He's always forced to go back to collect the ball and by the time he lifts it forward there is no one to play it with him.

Jun 20, 2009
What a horrible match, nonchalance from both the players and the coach. We are continuing on the same track as we left it before the international break, we are still losing points from the top and the teams below us will keep on gaining against us.

We are still with a terrible formation, relying on one player that is totally not up to the job. Yes, Diego is not up to the job of lifting Juventus midfield to the next step. We still rely on two forwards that simply add nothing to the game. We still rely on a flat second line that makes more mistakes than there is hair on my head. We still have terrible full backs that more useless than useless.

Buffon 6

Grygera 4 Simply adds nothing to this team and gets owned by any school boy.
Cannavaro 6.5 Solid
Chiellini 6.5 Also solid
Grosso 5 He made some good crosses but other than simply lame especially in the second half

Sissoko 5 The lack of matches was pretty obvious
Melo 5 Recklessness is his motto
Poulsen 6 Our best midfielder tonight
Diego 5 He's given a much much bigger job than he can handle

Amauri 5.5 Only for scoring the goal
Iaquinta 5 Lame

Camoranesi 4 Added nothing to our game
De Ceglie 4 Neither did Paolo
Trezeguet N.R

Ferrara 2 Owned once again
Aggree on every points. + rep.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
honestly i think this is a good result and people .....

No man we played really bad.

We were playing at home, and apart from some Jotevic moves.. Fiorentina looked clueless.

We never capitalized our chances and our midfield was lost.

Our leftback were very poor, the same with our forwards , who wasted who knows how mnay chances. And Ciro´s subs were too late.... camo and trez should have come earlier....and Giovinco too...

I mean, we are at home...we need to win this games.

We are in a very delicate situaiton.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We don't have to buy forwards, we can play with one when Del Piero is not available. Diego needs someone who can play the ball with him, not two towers!

He's always forced to go back to collect the ball and by the time he lifts it forward there is no one to play it with him.
I think it's time for the 4-2-3-1 with Joe Vinko.

Without Del Piero in the team, we're too predictable.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
We don't have the players to play the straight 4-4-2 either, so basically, we're screwed.
it's shame cause last year we had less quality players and played as a team more than this.. and i just don't want to stick to one formation if u know what i mean one of the most things that me optimistic about Ferrara is that he said that we will rotate our formations and i don't see that...

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
timeline:

(delpiero+trez) better than (delpiero+amauri) better than (diego+iaq+amauri)
---- 2002-2007------------------------ 2008 ----------------------------2009

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
timeline:

(delpiero+trez) better than (delpiero+amauri) better than (diego+iaq+amauri)
---- 2002-2007------------------------ 2008 ----------------------------2009
this just shows that our good strikers are aging, and the management isnt buying the correct replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)