[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Torino (Feb. 23rd 2014) (40 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Light

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorete

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Pirlo obviously lifted his foot and cought the Toro players stride. It looked deliberate.
Whether it's deliberate or not doesn't matter. He could have gone after the ball and still fouled. It's whether the contact interfered enough to make a difference in the play. In this case it didn't. The Torino guy's bad touch took him out of the play more than Pirlo did. Without the dive, no one would have noticed Pirlo's contact.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
It's a 100% penalty.
Talk about exaggeration.

Contact was obvious though and I am sure Rizzoli saw it well. Whether it was enough to give a penalty is dubious.

However, take into account we are talking about a player who was booked for a dive just a week ago in Verona and you can see where Rizzoli was coming from when he decided not to award a penalty.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Talk about exaggeration.

Contact was obvious though and I am sure Rizzoli saw it well. Whether it was enough to give a penalty is dubious.

However, take into account we are talking about a player who was booked for a dive just a week ago in Verona and you can see where Rizzoli was coming from when he decided not to award a penalty.
Good point.
Plus, when someone is so blatantly trying to con the ref to award him the penalty, you'd be setting up a bad example by doing what he wants.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
At best that was a 50/50 penalty call for Kaddouri. At best... Minimal contact, and Kaddouri took another step before comically throwing himself to the ground. Besides the fact that he had over-touched the ball too far out in front of him to even continue with it, as the Juve player (Pogba) had gotten to the ball as he began his dive.

Besides this, members of this forum clamouring for a penalty for Torino should have been doing the same for Giovinco instead of calling him a wimp and saying he should just get up the other match. That was a far clearer penalty than this one. It's not like we have been overly favoured by the refs this year. We've had a few incidents in our favour and a few go against us. The lack of a last man red card foul for that tackle on Giovinco last match was also pretty ridiculous.

And **** Torino. Complaining about the offside goal last match that was hardly offside, while Immobile should have seen straight red plus a suspension for his reckless dive in challenge on Tevez's ankle. That could have broken his ankle, and 90% of the time is a straight red.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
not a penalty. it was just a little touch and Kaddouri overreacted to make it seem as if it was. and to be honest when we had a free kick the torino players where hugging our players like they were gay or something which according to the referees in our real Madrid game would have been a penalty (chiellini ramos incident) so we should have got 5 penalties for that at least.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
It was a penelty, if that happend to us we would be as mad as the Torino fans and players, there was contact, yea he did make the most of it but contact is contact, can't blame them for being mad since Last derby tevez wasn't called off sides either

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It was a penelty, if that happend to us we would be as mad as the Torino fans and players
I wouldn't. I would be mad at Juve if we had to rely on such a pathetic gift from a referee to attempt to get a result against a club like Torino. That's where I'd be pissed.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
It was a penalty after you see the replay. However, it was very difficult to see in normal play. My first reaction was that it was a clear dive. So it was an honest refereeing error but one that you can't be too harsh on as it was a difficult call. I just hope that everyone doesn't start calling us cheats again on the basis of a refereeing error that goes our way.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I wouldn't. I would be mad at Juve if we had to rely on such a pathetic gift from a referee to attempt to get a result against a club like Torino. That's where I'd be pissed.
You'd then be assaulted by the calm high-horses of this forum for being negative and not understanding Conte's coaching techniques and tactics. "How dare you question" would be the message between the lines.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I feel like we would've scored again had we conceded anyway. It was obvious that we were only trying to win with a 1 goal margin and not have the players exert themselves too much. Not saying I agree with that plan, before anyone says anything.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
The fucking irony here. :lol:

I feel like we would've scored again had we conceded anyway. It was obvious that we were only trying to win with a 1 goal margin and not have the players exert themselves too much. Not saying I agree with that plan, before anyone says anything.
You feel it, yeah.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
That should have def been a penalty for Torino.

With regards to the llorente/glik incident, SKY Italia publicly apologized for not showing it in the 'moviola'

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Some belated thoughts:

Decent performance from Juve in what was an awkward game.

Aside from their midfield pushing a little too high up early on and that leaving dangerous spaces for Torino to attack, Juve played a pretty good half.

Not that they were making lots of chances or looking terribly threatening, but they were in control of the game and they got a goal. Was a great goal as well - precisely the sort of thing you are looking for from a player like Tevez.

Juve continued to take no risks up to an hour when Torino finally decided they might think about trying to play Juve a bit and not just watch Juve shuffling the ball around on the halfway line.

Juve could have done more to exploit the spaces that Torino then left, but continued to play a safe game.

Good to see Conte's continuing willingness to to surrender territory and possession against dangerous counter-attacking teams so that they aren't able to counter-attack. That's not something Conte showed any great willingness to do prior to this season.

Only times that Torino looked dangerous were when Juve over-covered in the middle and allowed too much time and space for Torino's wingbacks in wide areas. Understandable to a point, but I still don't like seeing Juve's wingbacks being drawn too much into the middle of the pitch when they have three centre-halves behind them. Asamoah in particular, I thought, spent too much time playing against Cerci when I thought Caceres should have taken that responsibility and left Asamoah to focus on controlling the flank. That's not a critisim of those players as I'm sure it's how Conte told them to play. I just thought it was a little too cautious.

Clearly, for all Juve played a generally decent game, there were individual errors that put them in awkward situations and they got help from the ref to get out of them. The penalty call is what is getting the most attention, but I actually thought that the failure to send Vidal off was the worse call in terms of how clear it was at the time.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
Glik on Llorente

[video=dailymotion;x1d9bne]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d9bne_juventus-torino-1-0-rigore-mostrato-in-ritardo-per-sinteticita_sport?start=55[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)