[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 26, 2016
I don't think he ever was that fast. He's a world class finisher though. We have fast wingers that can start a counter attack but they sit on the bench right now.
Your probably right, it just hit me today how completely useless he is in that type of setting where he has to take on 1-2 defenders on a counter. He does not have the technique or the pace to be a threat in these situations.

We basically just have to feed him balls in front of goal for him to be effective. As you said, he is all about finishing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man I wish we had a faster striker...Higuain never ever out runs the defense for pace.

- - - Updated - - -

from watching schick tear past our guys to higuain having a head start and still getting to the ball last :lol:
The same Schick with 1 goal before Christmas? :p

I wish we had Alvaro still. :( He is much better looking than pizza boy too.

@zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

@zizinho
and Gerardo is declining already at the age of 30, imagine him when hes 33 lol. meanwhile Alvaro is just entering his footballing and aesthetical prime. we done fucked up

- - - Updated - - -

So just bench him every match then?

:mut:
we have Dybi

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
22 attempts, 8 on target. Multiple easy chances missed by Higuain, Mandzu, Khedira, Matuidi, Pjanic off the bar.

How anyone could possibly think that we didn't create a boatload of excellent chances tonight is beyond me?

We dominated Roma. Unfortunately our forwards have forgotten how to score lately. It was the same against Inter.

Now that we have our defensive issues from early season sorted out, if we can get our finishing boots back on like in early season we will be in great shape for the run in of all competitions.
Just like unfortunately we lost 5 straight consecutive cl finals, right?

Plain and simple, we lack that one thing that most if not all other top teams have, attacking charm and fluidity, the ability to control the game and not reverting to hunkering down at our own half at any given moment.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Just like unfortunately we lost 5 straight consecutive cl finals, right?

Plain and simple, we lack that one thing that most if not all other top teams have, attacking charm and fluidity, the ability to control the game and not reverting to hunkering down at our own half at any given moment.
Well the only recent winners who didn't have Ronaldo or Messi in their squad were teams who hunkered down at basically every moment. Di Matteo's Chelsea. Mourinho's Inter.

The outlier was Heynckes' Bayern which was basically the best Bayern anyone's ever seen.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #291

@zizinho
    Imagine if Higuain had Costa’s pace with his husky physique haha

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    Well the only recent winners who didn't have Ronaldo or Messi in their squad were teams who hunkered down at basically every moment. Di Matteo's Chelsea. Mourinho's Inter.

The outlier was Heynckes' Bayern which was basically the best Bayern anyone's ever seen.
    They hunkered down against messi or ronaldo teams.

We hunker down against the likes of roma and napoli, and sometimes even against chievo or such. Heck I predict we will hunker down against tottenham in february.

That's the difference.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    They hunkered down against messi or ronaldo teams.

We hunker down against the likes of roma and napoli, and sometimes even against chievo or such. Heck I predict we will hunker down against tottenham in february.

That's the difference.
    If Higuain and Dybala continue this form, we have no choice really. Imagine some coach like Klopp coaching us while Higuain and Dybala struggle. He would go to Napoli and at home vs. Roma and lose by 3 goals each match.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    As good as our defense and how grest it is for winning league titles it is what shoots us in the foot against big teams when we go into or defense ways an allow teams to attack us freely. Thats we struggle to win the Cl.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    As good as our defense and how grest it is for winning league titles it is what shoots us in the foot against big teams when we go into or defense ways an allow teams to attack us freely. Thats we struggle to win the Cl.
    We tried to defend Madrid last year with only 8 players and got torn apart. Would have done better with one of these formations we've used lately. Most likely would have lost no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)