[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 23rd 2017] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Szczęsny

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Agree with everything except that they were better than Pep's Barca.
No team toyed with the opponent, nor dominated like Pep's Barca.
They did get huge ref favors too tho.
Pep's Barca should've won more, but whether it was due to Pep's reluctance to change things up slightly or motivation, they came up short vs inferior & organized teams a few too many times.

I've never seen a team possessed or press like Bayern that year. I'm fairly certain that Bayern would've beaten any of the Barca teams under Pep, but Pep's Barca is a bigger legacy of course.

LE's Barca was being compared to Pep's at the end LE's first year, and many said LE's team was better. Stats agree, I disagree, but that's indeed a better comparison.

Sacchi's & Capello's Milan, with everyone fit, would've also given Pep's Barca a run for their money. But Heynckes' Bayern edges them IMO even though they're the worst technically. But physically, don't know what he fed them that year. I've never seen any other team run or press like that.

Onto to more important matters, who's that fine specimen in your ava?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Pep's Barca should've won more, but whether it was due to Pep's reluctance to change things up slightly or motivation, they came up short vs inferior & organized teams a few too many times.

I've never seen a team possessed or press like Bayern that year. I'm fairly certain that Bayern would've beaten any of the Barca teams under Pep, but Pep's Barca is a bigger legacy of course.

LE's Barca was being compared to Pep's at the end LE's first year, and many said LE's team was better. Stats agree, I disagree, but that's indeed a better comparison.

Sacchi's & Capello's Milan, with everyone fit, would've also given Pep's Barca a run for their money. But Heynckes' Bayern edges them IMO even though they're the worst technically. But physically, don't know what he fed them that year. I've never seen any other team run or press like that.

Onto to more important matters, who's that fine specimen in your ava?
Heynckes Bayern was not sustainable for more than one season

The players ran themselves into the ground for that whole season and i'm pretty sure there would have been a big drop in form if he was there the next seaosn

Overall that Bayern team was the most balanced team I have ever seen, no weaknesses in any area and solid back to front with good attacking football on offer

They were quite poor in the final I have to say and almost blew it because they looked very nervous compared to all the other matches before that

Guardiola's Barca dominated for the best part of 4 years

I never seen teams surrender to them like any other team and turtle up for the whole match

They were by far the most gifted team I have ever seen and to beat Barca you needed a lot of luck due to the fact a team was luky to get more than 3-4 chances a game against them while the rest of the match was spent defending in their own half against them

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Heynckes Bayern was not sustainable for more than one season

The players ran themselves into the ground for that whole season and i'm pretty sure there would have been a big drop in form if he was there the next seaosn

Overall that Bayern team was the most balanced team I have ever seen, no weaknesses in any area and solid back to front with good attacking football on offer

They were quite poor in the final I have to say and almost blew it because they looked very nervous compared to all the other matches before that

Guardiola's Barca dominated for the best part of 4 years

I never seen teams surrender to them like any other team and turtle up for the whole match

They were by far the most gifted team I have ever seen and to beat Barca you needed a lot of luck due to the fact a team was luky to get more than 3-4 chances a game against them while the rest of the match was spent defending in their own half against them
Like I said, Pep's Barca has the greater legacy for sure. But I'd take Jupp's Bayern vs any of those 4 Barca yrs.

Barca also needed some luck in terms of ref favors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)