[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 22nd, 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I watched the game live and like most games this year we were really boring to watch. Clearly you have just became accustomed to watching this slow cautious football that a 1-0 and a few badly missed chances by Ronaldo at home to Roma gets your dicks hard.
What are you complaining about it was a good game to watch
We played well and deserved to win

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute garbage from the refereeing team. Disgraceful. I was so furious with the second disallowed goal. Might as well replay the entire match if they want to 'correct' uncalled fouls.
The ref was right dont know what are you complaining about...

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
Hi guys. Was at the stadium last night first time ever so decided to write since a long time being dormant.

Atmosphere in Allianz was great because got seats at first row in Curva Sud. These guys were the loudest and pretty funny even though my Italian is not so great. Funniest was when Dzeko warming up at the touchline and tifosi were shouting obscenities, he was really pissed off and replied in kind.

On to the game, can really see the team tried to put the pressure on the get go and had very good spells in the first half. Outstanding players were Mario, De Sciglio and Alex Sandro. Watching Mandzukic live can really appreciate the efforts he does. The goal was icing on the cake and tifosi really love him.

In the second half, the game went to battery conservation mode for us and Roma were harmlessly passing the ball a lot. Was excited to see either Berna or Costa come in. Can did a good job in steadying the mid after Pjanic left. The other disallowed goals can't really see but we were mad in the stands and calling for the refs head.

Anyways had a great experience and Turin really is a nice city. Was hoping for Ronaldo to score and tsssiuuuuuu. He played a so-so game but can see that he really tried hard. Oh well next time :juvefan::jflag:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
What are you complaining about it was a good game to watch
We played well and deserved to win
I wasn't complaining I was disagreeing with people saying that it was a fantastic performance which it clearly wasn't. A good win yes, a great result yes, a good game to watch thats a matter of opinion so if you think so then yes but it certainly wasn't a fantastic performance

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Good performance but we missed so many chances and I always has palpitations watching a 1-0 till 94'
Wish we could , sometimes, score more than once and have little bit less of stress

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I wasn't complaining I was disagreeing with people saying that it was a fantastic performance which it clearly wasn't. A good win yes, a great result yes, a good game to watch thats a matter of opinion so if you think so then yes but it certainly wasn't a fantastic performance
Overall I didnt see it as fantastic game either. For the large part of the 2nd half we were pinned back, but fortunately Roma's attacks never really amounted to anything rather than just passing the ball around without attempts on target. Our midfield woes were once again present. Bentacur needs to stop dribbling around the box, he got easily disposed at the very beginning, which against better side can lead to different outcome. Pjanic looks dead after an hour mark and once he gets subbed out, we lose control in the middle. He is incredibly important, even if out of form. We were almost punished at the end with Roma's only decent attempt, but this Roma side is utter rubbish. We are wasteful in front (Ronaldo), but I also have a feeling we are holding back a lot, not really playing to our full potential. Results so far are tremendous though and by that alone there is no reason to complain. Maybe it's just conserving energy, where players automatically switch off and do the necessary work required to hold on to good result. Atalanta is next and I think this will be our toughest game so far.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Thought it was a great game from us. Roma got 1-2 chances that should've been prevented, but it was mostly Ronaldo and Sandro who kept missing golden opportunities. Great game from Olsen too. A very Juve performance.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We never put a fantastic performance... It is rare for us..
Anyway if we get Pogba in January (unlikely) we would look twice as good IMO

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
There was a similar situation before. Nzonzi fouls Dybala for what would have been his second yellow. Instead of simply falling, Dybala decided to make a pass to Ronaldo, who made a shot. The ref gave an advantage. Var wasn't used, but if it was and if the ref followed the same criteria he followed for Costa's disallowed goal, it was gonna be a red card for Nzonzi. Imo, it was correct not to use VAR since advantage was given.
It was the same here. If Matuidi won the ball and made the pass after making the foul (like Lichtsteiner did once in the past when we had a goal disallowed) then sure, use VAR and disallow the goal. But here the Roma player didn't fall and decided to go for an attacking pass (with his left foot, while being fouled on his right). He even continued running after the foul and before the pass. Advantage was clearly given and if the pass was successful, it might have been a goal for Roma.
Was it that (he reversed the advantage) or was it he didn't see the foul?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The prices are justified

If anything they should be raised to match the quality of the product the Club puts on the field
Our club is milking those who are simultaneously in charge of representing the club to international watchers and help 'selling' the product Serie A and Juventus to foreign investors. Empty stadium is embarrassing on TV, week in week out

On a less convoluted level, football games should be more accessible to the croud. 120€ for an avg ticket is too much -i f Bayern had such ticket prices there would be 20 people at the stadium and Germans are richer than Italians.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
At the end of the day it's a business and basic economics says if there is a willingness to pay then you charge the max amount to those customers. People pay for quality which is what the club strives to put out onto the field every season.

If folks stop following the club because they can't afford to go to a game then perhaps thats a good thing. They should use their disposable income on something more needed like saving it for their family and future.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Problem is the size of the stadium. Guy who did the math and came up with 41k is a genius.

As for ticket prices, it's supply and demand. You raise prices as long as stadium fills up. If it doesn't (in more than one-off game), you raised it too much.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Problem is the size of the stadium. Guy who did the math and came up with 41k is a genius.

As for ticket prices, it's supply and demand. You raise prices as long as stadium fills up. If it doesn't (in more than one-off game), you raised it too much.
I agree with all of this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)