[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Roma [December 22nd, 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't know. Isn't a goal considered a major incident?

As in, the goal happened, now let's look back & verify whether or not something incorrect happened?
I think that's fair. If Zaniolo was nailed and lost the ball in the process of being fouled I can see the argument to bring it back for the foul.

To cancel a goal for a "foul" that would never in a million years be called in normal play and also taking into account that he completely stedied his stride, carried on running and then gave the ball away is absolute nonsense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The thing that I think we should bare in mind here is that the foul was not in the same phase of play as the play the attacking play to the goal as the roma player had already misplaced his pass, yet we still had to construct the attack to score. Var is not meant to rewind and correct a previous phase of play.
That is definitely true.

Still, too much of a grey area for me to start criticising the ref. It's a confusing call, but not an incorrect one imo.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know. Isn't a goal considered a major incident?

As in, the goal happened, now let's look back & verify whether or not something incorrect happened?
It should be "How much did the foul have to do with the misplaced pass?" The ref's answer to this was probably: "If he wasn't fouled he wouldn't have made the bad pass".
The ref probably didn't see the foul when it happened. He should have asked himself: "If I saw the foul and saw how the Roma player continued playing and making a pass, would I have given an advantage?" If his answer to this was yes, he shouldn't have disallowed the goal. If his answer was no, then fine, but I disagree with not giving an advantage in that position and that's why I think the VAR call was bad.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Imagine Roma had scored that goal to equalise. Do you think the ref would have interpreted the incident the same way?
He might not have but the bigger problem is inconsistency in the use of var especially for the Olsen fumble which led to a goal which was disallowed by the referee

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He might not have but the bigger problem is inconsistency in the use of var especially for the Olsen fumble which led to a goal which was disallowed by the referee
:agree:

Inconsistency is a big issue. VAR decisions should be the same for all teams, and it still just doesn't feel like they are. I also think ref's zooming in on incidents and watching in slow-mo is clouding their judgement. They need to factor in things like distance/speed of ball in handball calls and how the play was affected like today's Zaniolo call.

I'm still a fan of VAR overall but they need to sort these issues out.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
They see the score is 1-0 on LiveScore and automatically assume that it was a shit, boring and defensive game :lol:
I watched the game live and like most games this year we were really boring to watch. Clearly you have just became accustomed to watching this slow cautious football that a 1-0 and a few badly missed chances by Ronaldo at home to Roma gets your dicks hard.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I watched the game live and like most games this year we were really boring to watch. Clearly you have just became accustomed to watching this slow cautious football that a 1-0 and a few badly missed chances by Ronaldo at home to Roma gets your dicks hard.
Which teams style of play do you like to watch

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It has to be a “clear and obvious error” I fail how to see how that “foul” on Zaniolo about a minute before the goal was scored counts as that.

VAR still needs a lot of fine tuning. Still seems to be used so randomly.
Absolute garbage from the refereeing team. Disgraceful. I was so furious with the second disallowed goal. Might as well replay the entire match if they want to 'correct' uncalled fouls.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Honestly this is hilarious. It is like because Juventus is so strong now, referees try pathetically to favour opponents to maintain competition in games.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
That is definitely true.

Still, too much of a grey area for me to start criticising the ref. It's a confusing call, but not an incorrect one imo.
Jesus f Christ. I will say it again.
These days, Referees are like pregnant women in office. Allowed to perform poorly, and then get protected at the same time, or sometimes even praised for being ‘brave.’

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I was quite surprised how many empty seats we had at the stadium. 41k is just perfect for us and that kinda sucks.

Last edited:

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Olsen flop definitely a goal.
Costa goal definitely a goal.

Major concerns with our inability to score though, even with the likes of Ronaldo in the team, doesn't bode well for CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)