[Serie A] Juventus 1-0 Hellas Verona [1st April, 2023 20:45 CEST] (1 Viewer)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Poor performance, we made harder work of it than we should have and gave them too much possession at the end. Too many players playing needless long passes in the last 5/10 minutes. Just keep the ball.

But we gave our main attackers a rest, missed Rabiot and were coming off an international break. 3 points were the main thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Durden

May 11, 2006
We totally gave away the initiative after we scored and had we faced a better opponent they would have scored. MDS should never play for us again and wtf happen to Miretti!?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
that was uninspiring for the majority of the game. happy for loca, he's in a pretty good form right now, happy for the result, and that's all. running risks against bottom half teams at home is not something we should celebrate. we still had our chances, our finishing was once again piss poor, but it's not tek (or sometimes perin) who should bring the results.

and the most important issue: midfield was once again nonexistent besides locatelli. i get that young guys have a steep learning curve, and it's not even an excuse, it's just facts: you rarely become a regular for a serie a team aiming the podium (or higher) after one or two serie c seasons. i like fagioli a lot, he's our best youngster by a mile, but even he can disappear for the majority of a match. we can't ignore the midfield during the summer mercato, it's still our weakest department, and we often have mds as a wingback lol

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
that was uninspiring for the majority of the game. happy for loca, he's in a pretty good form right now, happy for the result, and that's all. running risks against bottom half teams at home is not something we should celebrate. we still had our chances, our finishing was once again piss poor, but it's not tek (or sometimes perin) who should bring the results.

and the most important issue: midfield was once again nonexistent besides locatelli. i get that young guys have a steep learning curve, and it's not even an excuse, it's just facts: you rarely become a regular for a serie a team aiming the podium (or higher) after one or two serie c seasons. i like fagioli a lot, he's our best youngster by a mile, but even he can disappear for the majority of a match. we can't ignore the midfield during the summer mercato, it's still our weakest department, and we often have mds as a wingback lol
I like Fagioli too. From all the youngsters I think he has the highest potential to be a good player.

He is still raw ofc but what would you say will be his strengths and weaknesses if he continues developing?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I like Fagioli too. From all the youngsters I think he has the highest potential to be a good player.

He is still raw ofc but what would you say will be his strengths and weaknesses if he continues developing?
he should become more consistent, provide more assists (that requires better finishing from team mates too though), he should improve on his defending. i actually think he's got some unused potential in his defensive game, against nantes he was our best defending midfielder with both rabiot and locatelli on the pitch. he should press more, just like he did vs inda in the 2nd half, i think he could do that regularly if he improved on his stamina. as for the weaknesses he's not especially quick, and players at his age rarely improve on that.

btw i think miretti is similarly talented. these guys played in serie b/c last season, the learning curve is just too steep, nothing out of the ordinary

Jan 22, 2016
I think Fagioli really missed Di Maria. He plays way better when there is Di Maria ahead of him. These two have a great understanding and can pass themself out of tight pressing.

Both him and Di Maria were isolated. Playing Di Maria leaning towards left was a bad idea and didn't work at all.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Really poor performance. Team looked flat and devoid of ideas throughout. Barrenachea really struggled to make a mark, Cuadrado and MDS were non-existent on the wings and the duo of Kean-Milik barely got into the game. We again allowed Verona way too much of the ball and they pressed us for 90 mins.

Thankfully Miretti came on and played a quick smart pass to Locatelli (clear MOM) for Kean to finish, as we barely created much else over the 90 mins.

But at least we pick up a win, build some momentum going into this crazy month and most important- no injuries.

Durden

May 11, 2006
First game after a longer injury, he will need more time to recover and get in game shape.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right and he is just out of shape. He was looking like the next big thing before and I had so high expectations, but now he looks like it might would be better if he went back to the nextgen...

Jun 16, 2020

The bad midfield was a result of very bad wingbacks and attackers. Fagioli had two great games vs Inter he'll get a pass for being isolated yesterday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)