[Serie A]JUVENTUS 1-0 Genoa [January 22nd 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Matuidi

• D. Costa

• Bentancur

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Overly conservative approach with an overall poor game of which we gained 3 important points and a clean sheet?

Great! :D :baus: :D

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't even think this was a typical energy conserving game. Guys in general have put in the effort. But this formation, while it gives the defensive solidity back - the team wasn't exposed at any time -, takes away from the offensive game, where Matuidi shows his limitations, Khedira is not relevant and Higuain's form makes things tough. The fact that Sandro plays like a zombie doesn't help either. We rely a lot on Pjanic to create something, and when he's not on his day we're fucked - specially without Dybala.

Of course the 433 should be mantained. But honestly I don't expect great improvement on performances, considering the players we have. Top flight in Italy, but kind of average in Europe. I really like Higuain and I think he should be appreciated for being the man who brought the last scudetto, but playing like this he really hurts the team. And we obviously need better fullbacks and a better midfielder for Khedira.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don't even think this was a typical energy conserving game. Guys in general have put in the effort. But this formation, while it gives the defensive solidity back - the team wasn't exposed at any time -, takes away from the offensive game, where Matuidi shows his limitations, Khedira is not relevant and Higuain's form makes things tough. The fact that Sandro plays like a zombie doesn't help either. We rely a lot on Pjanic to create something, and when he's not on his day we're $#@!ed - specially without Dybala.
I think that 433 is the best formation available, we just need an upgrade on Khedira. Matuidi does his job as a destroyer, and Pjanic does his job as a deep lying playmaker. Khedira is supposed to ignite our attacks with his runs but he’s failing miserably at that.

There’s still 9 days left in the window to buy Barella.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't even think this was a typical energy conserving game. Guys in general have put in the effort. But this formation, while it gives the defensive solidity back - the team wasn't exposed at any time -, takes away from the offensive game, where Matuidi shows his limitations, Khedira is not relevant and Higuain's form makes things tough. The fact that Sandro plays like a zombie doesn't help either. We rely a lot on Pjanic to create something, and when he's not on his day we're fucked - specially without Dybala.

Of course the 433 should be mantained. But honestly I don't expect great improvement on performances, considering the players we have. Top flight in Italy, but kind of average in Europe. I really like Higuain and I think he should be appreciated for being the man who brought the last scudetto, but playing like this he really hurts the team. And we obviously need better fullbacks and a better midfielder for Khedira.
I'm in agreement. But I also think this won't be the benchmark of the rest of the season we'll improve. Quite a few players don't have the quality anymore though (or didn't have it).

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think that 433 is the best formation available, we just need an upgrade on Khedira. Matuidi does his job as a destroyer, and Pjanic does his job as a deep lying playmaker. Khedira is supposed to ignite our attacks with his runs but he’s failing miserably at that.

There’s still 9 days left in the window to buy Barella.
From the little I've seen, I reaaally liked Barella. This kid will cost 40M+. Not sure they will be willing to pay, I see him going to PSG/EPL.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #138
    yes, I know U 2 much.
    Can you at least respect the Han I was given when I took over this season? All of you were hitting the Pjanic button. Sit back. Drink an ice cold Pellegrini and let me work.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    I'm in agreement. But I also think this won't be the benchmark of the rest of the season we'll improve. Quite a few players don't have the quality anymore though (or didn't have it).
    I haven't had the time to follow closely this season and the last, but isn't this the benchmark performance these both seasons?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)