[Serie A] Juventus 0-3 Fiorentina [December 22nd, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I definitely think the second one could have easily been called, we've gotten softer penalties this season. Still it's not a stonewall penalty so VAR didn't intervene with the initial ruling of the ref.
What is stonewall penalty the goalkeeper had no intention of getting the ball or do you think bernadeschi went down too easily which any player would

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
What is stonewall penalty the goalkeeper had no intention of getting the ball or do you think bernadeschi went down too easily which any player would
20201223_194142.jpg

For example this is more of a foul than the Berna one. Happened in Barcas game yesterday and penalty was not given. It's clear that referees allow a certain amount of contact between players. Where do you draw the line? This is where the subjectivity of these situations comes to play.

I think on another day that could have easily been given as a pen. However it's wrong to claim that those are always given. My initial point was that VAR is not there to change a subjective decision of a referee. He saw the contact and decided it didn't warrant a penalty. It's okay to disagree with that decision.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
20201223_194142.jpg

For example this is more of a foul than the Berna one. Happened in Barcas game yesterday and penalty was not given. It's clear that referees allow a certain amount of contact between players. Where do you draw the line? This is where the subjectivity of these situations comes to play.

I think on another day that could have easily been given as a pen. However it's wrong to claim that those are always given. My initial point was that VAR is not there to change a subjective decision of a referee. He saw the contact and decided it didn't warrant a penalty. It's okay to disagree with that decision.
See my point is the application of VAR if Referee can see the cuadrado red card on video screen so also he can view the second penalty incident on video screen

Jun 6, 2015
See my point is the application of VAR if Referee can see the cuadrado red card on video screen so also he can view the second penalty incident on video screen
That's certainly something I'm sure they are thinking about all the time. Not easy finding the right balance between stopping the game so the ref can watch the footage and keeping the flow of the game going. I remember there being quite a lot of criticism when people felt that VAR checks took too much time.

This is from the premier league site but I'd assume the protocol in Serie A is the same/similar.
For factual decisions such as offside or the ball being out of play in the build-up, the VAR will inform the referee, who will overturn any penalty awarded.

For subjective penalty decisions, such as for a foul or for a handball, the VAR will look to identify a “clear and obvious error”.

The referee will explain his decision to the VAR and what he has seen.

If the evidence provided to the VAR by the broadcast footage does not accord with what the referee believes he has seen, then the VAR can recommend an overturn.

The final decision will remain with the on-field referee.
https://www.premierleague.com/VAR/penalty-decisions-explained

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Unbearable humiliation..Not that I expect that we will win the scudetto after being 10 points down to Milan and 9 to merda but also you can't fool the statistics .It says that only once(or two times maximum) in Serie A history ,the first team in league who wins the winter season didn't win the title.One of the team/s were we I think under Anceloti .But ,again the level od disappointment about the defeat of this little rats is just huge.And that clown Bonucci could apologize as much as he like.Half of the goals while he is playing for us were conceded by his errors.The most overated defender.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
Taking out a MF (Ramsey) for a RB (Danilo) while having no actual MF on the bench was a wrong decision, seeing how first half went through, Morata should have been off.. but probably having to chase a result, Pirlo thought we need to have a CF on the field..
That was a wrong decision,, then taking out Weston was another wrong substitution,, we were risking being overrun in midfield and that what happened.
Add to that Bonnucci disastrous defending and a scandalous refereeing.. game over..

I do not think the team lacked soul in the game, actually I thought they kept fighting even at 0-2.

If Chellini is still going to be absent,, we need a defender in Jan,, and a Midfielder and a CF.
If no reinforcements happen in Winter mercato,, there is a big chance we even miss CL next year assuming many things goes wrong in the second half of the season like Inter, Milan, Napoli, Roma keep their performances and then us losing players to injury,, imagine we lose Ronaldo for a month,, or one of the WBs,, it will be difficult for us to be in top 4 let alone win the scudetto.
Pirlo clearly needs time,, but this is a reality we have to face till the end of the season. Changing coach now is not happening.

Even if lose to Napoli and become 10 points away now,, scudetto still within close reach, we need 3 players and Pirlo to gather his shit.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Unbearable humiliation..Not that I expect that we will win the scudetto after being 10 points down to Milan and 9 to merda but also you can't fool the statistics .It says that only once(or two times maximum) in Serie A history ,the first team in league who wins the winter season didn't win the title.One of the team/s were we I think under Anceloti .But ,again the level od disappointment about the defeat of this little rats is just huge.And that clown Bonucci could apologize as much as he like.Half of the goals while he is playing for us were conceded by his errors.The most overated defender.
This is not the usual winter break tho.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Taking out a MF (Ramsey) for a RB (Danilo) while having no actual MF on the bench was a wrong decision, seeing how first half went through, Morata should have been off.. but probably having to chase a result, Pirlo thought we need to have a CF on the field..
That was a wrong decision,, then taking out Weston was another wrong substitution,, we were risking being overrun in midfield and that what happened.
Add to that Bonnucci disastrous defending and a scandalous refereeing.. game over..

I do not think the team lacked soul in the game, actually I thought they kept fighting even at 0-2.

If Chellini is still going to be absent,, we need a defender in Jan,, and a Midfielder and a CF.
If no reinforcements happen in Winter mercato,, there is a big chance we even miss CL next year assuming many things goes wrong in the second half of the season like Inter, Milan, Napoli, Roma keep their performances and then us losing players to injury,, imagine we lose Ronaldo for a month,, or one of the WBs,, it will be difficult for us to be in top 4 let alone win the scudetto.
Pirlo clearly needs time,, but this is a reality we have to face till the end of the season. Changing coach now is not happening.

Even if lose to Napoli and become 10 points away now,, scudetto still within close reach, we need 3 players and Pirlo to gather his shit

Didn't know that 10 points is a piece of cake.And subbing Morata with Bernardeschi was Pirlo's biggest mistake at that game having in mind that we were goal down but still in the game.

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't know that 10 points is a piece of cake.And subbing Morata with Bernardeschi was Pirlo's biggest mistake at that game having in mind that we were goal down but still in the game.
It is not, but we still have direct games with Milan and Inter.
For Milan,, they were doing above their limits,, and they will slow down.. Inter on the other side,, is the one who is most likely to keep this gap and we need to be on top of our game to be up with them by March.

Jun 16, 2020
For Milan,, they were doing above their limits,, and they will slow down.. Inter on the other side,, is the one who is most likely to keep this gap and we need to be on top of our game to be up with them by March.

I don’t feel very comfortable with Conte only focusing on the Serie A tbh.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

Do you know that in 15 days after New year apart Udinese we play Milan,Napoli ,Sassuolo,Inter and Napoli again (Supercoppa)?We have to be robots to achieve victories in all games.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t feel very comfortable with Conte only focusing on the Serie A tbh.
He will win narrow ,in last minute but will do everything ro win a title which will present like he won a CL.And I am afraid even to think what might happen.

Aug 2, 2005
Do you know that in 15 days after New year apart Udinese we play Milan,Napoli ,Sassuolo,Inter and Napoli again (Supercoppa)?We have to be robots to achieve victories in all games.

- - - Updated - - -

He will win narrow ,in last minute but will do everything ro win a title which will present like he won a CL.And I am afraid even to think what might happen.
Good,, we will know by Feb if it is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)