[Serie A] Juventus 0-3 Fiorentina [December 22nd, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
A
oh like sitting out will make a load of difference. I want real fucking solutions. Not this pathetic slap on the hands.

Why couldn't VAR intervene on the penalty appeals?

I can accept ref mistakes to a certain degree but this was outright biased.
And for the Juan cuadrado red card he viewed it on VAR but de roon who made similar tackle got away with yellow card

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What happened against Atalanta happened against Atalanta. Cuads was a clear red card, end of story. You can't honestly want to debate that.
nobody is debating cuadrado's red. But we are debating the lack of consistency in refs, 2 recent matches vs atalanta and torino already highlights the inconsistency with the officiating where players from other teams get away with what we don't. The lack of intervention from VAR at crucial times.

Don't even start me on how valero didn't see a 2nd yellow. Tackle from behind with no intentions to win the ball, it's not even a joke how clear cut that is.

Jul 20, 2012
I think Agresti said it best, this team can either win, draw, or lose.

There's no certainty with how this team will play, and pirlo isn't helping with his constant changes. I've never wanted to see the same starting 11 more in my life than rn.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What happened against Atalanta happened against Atalanta. Cuads was a clear red card, end of story. You can't honestly want to debate that.
Both 100% red cards, for sure. Where VAR fails again and again is on the subjective take by humans. In one game they look at a red card tackle and say to the ref his decision of yellow is fine, in another they tell him his decision is wrong and should be a red.

Why is that? It's the same underlying bias you see across any number of games throughout the league, just this time we were on the end of it. In that case there was a spotlight on the Atalanta game because of the soft Juve penalties in the tie last season. Almost ironic that we should have won the game after a fairly soft penalty given on Chiesa. And that decision was surely conditioned by them not giving a red to De Roon. I'd like to know how much exposure the VAR team have to media coverage during the games.

In this case, another baffling decision by Cuadrado. Imagine getting smashed with a tackle like that in the previous game and then doing one yourself 18 minutes into the next game. Imbecilic.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Referee Federico La Penna could sit out Serie A Week 15 after the controversies during Juventus-Fiorentina on Tuesday.
La Gazzetta dello Sport reports the match official could be forced to sit out after the brief Christmas break.
The referee booked Juan Cuadrado for his tackle on Gaetano Castrovilli but was helped by VAR and the decision was inevitable for a straight red, the fifth dismissal Juve had in Serie A this season.
But the report points at ‘obvious errors’ from the match, such as a missing second yellow for Borja Valero in the 50th minute for a foul on Rodrigo Bentancur.
There were two potential penalties for the Bianconeri, and in these situations, VAR couldn’t intervene.
First, the newspaper mentions a situation with Gaetano Castrovilli and Cristiano Ronaldo, then an incident between Bartlomiej Dragowski and Federico Bernardeschi.
During this term, Piero Giacomelli, Luigi Nasca, Fabio Maresca and Marco Piccinini have been stopped for one match after Milan-Roma, Inter-Parma and Roma-Sassuolo
They have VAR to help out whenever they feel like it and he gets only one match.
The bitch referee should be demoted for ten games to learn how to use it properly. That should make him dwell on his career.

What a joke of a decision.

There is no excuses for failing to spot obvious errors with VAR available, but nepotism is high among them referees.
God forbid they make an example out of someone.

Jun 6, 2015
The VAR will not intervene for an incident where a second yellow card leads to a red card, unless the VAR believes the second yellow card should be upgraded to a red
50/50 penalty decisions won't be overturned by the VAR either. VAR didn't intervene in these penalty decision because there wasn't a clear and obvious error from the ref in either instance. The ref saw the situations and simply didn't think they were worth penalties. We can dispute all these decision but I think people need to start understanding how VAR works.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
50/50 penalty decisions won't be overturned by the VAR either. VAR didn't intervene in these penalty decision because there wasn't a clear and obvious error from the ref in either instance. The ref saw the situations and simply didn't think they were worth penalties. We can dispute all these decision but I think people need to start understanding how VAR works.
But the problem is, that it doesn't work.

Jun 6, 2015
But the problem is, that it doesn't work.
It works for certain things. I think people had the wrong expectations on what it would do. Most calls will always remain subjective and open to interpretation, the use of technology won't remove that, we've seen it with other sports as well.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It works for certain things. I think people had the wrong expectations on what it would do. Most calls will always remain subjective and open to interpretation, the use of technology won't remove that, we've seen it with other sports as well.
Second penalty call is 50-50? Then no penalties will be awarded in the world

singus

Sep 22, 2020
One of the issues here is that maybe in all italian football history we never lost at home from the rats with this result.It's embarrassing. Will came to history.Rats will produce mugs with this win like they did when they beat us 4-2 in Florence.Everything here last night reminds me like we are in 2007 year.And that's a problem.
None of that is a problem. Its a problem that we lost 3 points on Milan, thats the only problem there really is. Fuck the rest.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
None of that is a problem. Its a problem that we lost 3 points on Milan, thats the only problem there really is. Fuck the rest.
No.Milan will drop points very soon.Watch and see. Merda is more likely to stand on the first place soon.That fact matters.Also utmost matters the fact that we were humiliated at our own turf from one of the most hated teams .Our players yesterday made a history .We never,ever lost 3-0 from them at our stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

The referee is suspended for one game for not giving Valero a second yellow and for not awarding us two penalties.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I definitely think the second one could have easily been called, we've gotten softer penalties this season. Still it's not a stonewall penalty so VAR didn't intervene with the initial ruling of the ref.
How's that not a stonewall? Gk uses his arm to pull his shirt and push him until he goes to the ground. Milinkovic is not helping there neither to the GK's case.

It's a blatant pen that is given against Juve 10 out of 10. GK doesn't even care about the ball here, he's not creating any advantage here. He just makes a foul so that Berna can't reach the ball.

Jun 6, 2015
How's that not a stonewall? Gk uses his arm to pull his shirt and push him until he goes to the ground. Milinkovic is not helping there neither to the GK's case.

It's a blatant pen that is given against Juve 10 out of 10. GK doesn't even care about the ball here, he's not creating any advantage here. He just makes a foul so that Berna can't reach the ball.
I don't agree. At times those are given and at times they're not. I don't think anyone would have much reason to argue if it was given either though. It's always a risk for the defending player to put his hand on the attacker but it happens all the time in games. Berna tried to sell the foul by throwing himself to the ground, the ref simply didn't buy it this time, on other occasion he might have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)