[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (16 Viewers)

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
you're right. but it's not the end of the world. by un-doing the mistakes we did last season and making sure we win against the mid table teams, we can almost nullify the significance of this result. what's done is done, and looking forward to the future is what is more important.

that being said, i really blame this draw on DP and maybe Amauri too. had they finished their chances, Gila's goal wud've been insignificant! but that is football, and that is DP. he probably misses the easy ones, but scores the very difficult ones!
Agree with I've only mentioned this mistake and that's all. Of course what's done is done and now we should look forward and think about future matches

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
this game has draw written all over it......

our lack of quality defenders and a playmaker in the middle will be our downfall this season

5th place- you heard it here first
hmm...I seem to know a little bit about what I'm talking about

I wasnt too impressed with our play last night, we only played 20 minutes of good football last night, and that almost seemed enough to win the game....almost

Thanks to the poor play of Mellberg; a mediocre defender at best, who probably wouldnt be in the starting lineup for Siena, we had 3 points taken from us....how painful is it to see this guy undressed by the newest "has been" of Italian football-Gilardino, more than a few times ??

What gets me the most is that the Viola were down to 10 men....they should have NEVER equalized !!

Does anyone really think the new signings made any difference ?? Lets take a look-

Mellberg- mediocre and choked when it mattered most

Marchisio- didnt even know he was playing half the time, name only mentioned when he was committing fouls

Poulsen- the guy was neither destroyer or playmaker in the midfield

Amauri- too many misses, and when he drops back into the midfield to receive the ball, tries to dribble through everyone, instead of passing.......its going to be a loooong painful season if thats all he does

as far as the rest go-

Buffon - Did his job well, until the goal

Grygera- defensive mistakes overlooked because of his assist on Neddy's goal

Molinaro - he is STILL on this team ??

Legro - how bad are things when he is our best defender ??

Camo - MOM, played very well all around

Nedved - nice goal, shows once again that he belongs in the trequartista position, and not wide on the left

Del Piero - not his day...was waiting for RUINeri to sub him out for IQ

Ranieri - I've already had enough !! Replaces Camo with IQ in the dying minutes, when he should have brought in IQ for DP much earlier......starts Molinaro, when De Ceglie is the much better option....and shows his class by calling his guys dummies, what a fucking moron

then I wake up this morning and see a Tiago headline on Channel4.com....thinking he was finally sent away from Juve, I read that he locked Gigli in a washroom....are you fucking kidding me ??? :( :wallbang: :wallbang:

why not lock Gigli, Tiago, SUCKO, and RUINeri in a washroom, and set it on fire ??!!:evil:

Oh, Vinny will post right after the game one way or another, I assure you. If we lose, he is going to rant about our poor defenders, creativity problems, RUINIERI cluelessness, SUCKO and BLANK ineptness and ELKANN cheapness. Then he is going to open a thread in which he demands all our board of idiots is sacked and replaced by Moggi and the rest of the Triade and then he is going to say we will finish 5th or 6th in Serie A and drop out of CL Group Stage.

If we win, he is going to say the same things and he will add we were just lucky to win the game.

You just wait and see......
what I'm saying is much closer to the truth than you can ever understand....if you are happy with our situation, then good for you. You obviously are used to being a loser, because you've been one all your life !!

People like me are WINNERS, and expect the best from themselves and those around them (and that includes my number one football team- :bigscarf: )

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Is that not contradictory? Or should we only buy players with fancy names?
No contradiction whatsoever as I gave him his due based on that performance even if I do not rate him as a footballer generally.

I know a lot of writers that give marks because of personal feelings as you need to read some of the papers in England that give marks because they like a player or a commentator giving stupid excuses for players like Rooney for missing easy chances but if it was some johhny foreigner, they would say he should score.

@Jack separating emotions from football is a personal thing maybe I am cold hearted who knows but in passing judgement on people's performances, sentiment never comes into play.

Who knows if you are being facetious or not but I am not gonna get into any sort of slanging match with anyone because it takes too much out of me to be raining abuses on people and I do not need that kind of aggro so I avoid this place as much as I can because of that

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
No contradiction whatsoever as I gave him his due based on that performance even if I do not rate him as a footballer generally.

I know a lot of writers that give marks because of personal feelings as you need to read some of the papers in England that give marks because they like a player or a commentator giving stupid excuses for players like Rooney for missing easy chances but if it was some johhny foreigner, they would say he should score.

@Jack separating emotions from football is a personal thing maybe I am cold hearted who knows but in passing judgement on people's performances, sentiment never comes into play.

Who knows if you are being facetious or not but I am not gonna get into any sort of slanging match with anyone because it takes too much out of me to be raining abuses on people and I do not need that kind of aggro so I avoid this place as much as I can because of that
and thats a shame, because this place needs more quality posters like yourself

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The good
Legrottaglie
Poulsen

The bad
Mellberg
Del Piero

The Ugly
Ranieri
100 % agreed.

Some of my points:

We sorely miss the strength and domination of Sissoko and calmness of Zanetti. De Ceglie should be tryed next match as Molinaro leaves too much space open and is too often late to challenge. Grygera needs to soap it and be relegated to the bench. He's a liability. Mellberg not convincing and looked quite shaky and error-prone. Chiellini-Legro should be the starters.

Marchisio not ready for the 1st team yet. He lacks something. We have better options for now. Poulsen was excellent last night. Camo was solid but will improve. Nedved was also solid but I hope Giovinco can show more. Del Piero always starts slowly. Amauri will be great.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Originally Posted by Dominic
The good
Legrottaglie
Poulsen

The bad
Mellberg
Del Piero

The Ugly
Ranieri
Absolutely agree ;) and when Legro is one of the best defenders it's easy to assess how bad are things in our defense

but, waiting for Chiellini with hope anyway

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #671

Slanging match was far from my intentions.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    People like me are WINNERS, and expect the best from themselves and those around them (and that includes my number one football team- :bigscarf: )

people like you talks to much and does not have a clue about football really..

If it wasent for Marchisio and Poulsen, we would have lost 4-1 or something..!

Ranieri made one big mistake, and that was letting DP play in the secund half!
    He should have taken him off right from the start of secund half!

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
    May 7, 2006
    100 % agreed.

Some of my points:

We sorely miss the strength and domination of Sissoko and calmness of Zanetti. De Ceglie should be tryed next match as Molinaro leaves too much space open and is too often late to challenge. Grygera needs to soap it and be relegated to the bench. He's a liability. Mellberg not convincing and looked quite shaky and error-prone. Chiellini-Legro should be the starters.

Marchisio not ready for the 1st team yet. He lacks something. We have better options for now. Poulsen was excellent last night. Camo was solid but will improve. Nedved was also solid but I hope Giovinco can show more. Del Piero always starts slowly. Amauri will be great.
    I can remember that he scored 3 years in a row on the first match day of the new season

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    My team are a bunch of dummies, and I am the winner. Del Piero is like a leg to my favorite chair, while Buffon is my tush tush seat. I am a winner sitting above my dummies, and my shit don't stink.

Claudio Ranieri

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)