[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (21 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Btw, Jovetic looks really promising! He would have done more damage if he started instead of the useless Osvaldo.
And he was played completely out of position. His position was a ML tonight and he is a second striker.
That kid has amazing technique but tonight we didn't see any of it . It was his debut and he was afraid (and probably not allowed from Prandelli) to try and do something special, but he was still very good.
The kid has a bright future.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's disappointing that we let the lead slip but in all reality a draw in Florence isn't a bad way to start the season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And few things i noticed about Fiorentina.

They miss Liverani. Now they don't have such profile of a player because Felipe Melo is not a playmaker and he's much more defensive.
They also miss Ujfalusi. I don't rate the Czech very high but match after match he was their best defender and leader of their defense. Also, Pasqual is a better defender than Vargas. Viola will be getting a lot with Vargas when going forward and on set pieces (they sucked on set pieces tonight, btw) but their defense this year is worse than last year.

When you sum up everything, they didn't make their starting XI much stronger and more balanced. They added depth that will help them survive CL and serie A, but they won't be stronger than last year. Similar to Juve, imo.
The good news is that last year we were better than them so hopefully we'll have the same situation this year also. And if we're placed above Fiorentina there is a good chance that we'll be in top 4.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
come on! did he really call them dummies? Great way to lose the room man. :tup:

ffs, you're the f*ckin' dummy Ranieri. Use the right subs at the right time dammit! The whole world saw our mid losing the battle against the viola's. We needed a 5th man in there to stop them.

:rolleyes:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
and they benched Kuzmanovic and played Almiron? that was really fuckin' stupid
Yea, that puzzled me too. Not to mention when he has the likes of Pazzini and Jovetic, while starting with Osvaldo. I also don't get his obsession with Santana.

I'm beginning to question Prandelli's thinking.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
btw, did you guys catch Cobolli and Elkann laughing with Della Valle after the game?

That's our frekin' Prez man. Brutal!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if I agree with that, Alen. Pasqual is good but Vargas can defend too.
I loveeee Vargas. He already is a great player and i'm sorry he didn't make a move to a great club where he'd have been noticed and respected as one of the best attacking full backs.
I wanted him so much in Juve to replace Molinaro and i followed him quite a lot last year.
Trust me, he's an average defender. He's OK on one-on-one's but for some reason he tends to leave his man unmarked most of the time. Very good player but far from a good defender.

Of course, when you compare him to Molinaro he's a world class defender, but he's far from one Zambrotta f.e and i'm pretty sure that Pasqual is a better defender while Vargas is the better player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)