[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-2 JUVENTUS [February 9th 2018] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bernardeschi

• D. Costa

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I genuinely don't know. I just don't want to look biased.
In the end it's about Alex Sandro playing the ball deliberately or involuntary.

The offside rules are pretty clear (page 94 of IFAB's Laws of the game 2017/2018).
A player is offside if the ball, passed by a teammate, has "rebounded or been deflected... by an opponent"
A player is NOT offside if he receives the ball, initially passed by a teammate, "from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball"

So, if we consider Alex Sandro's (double) touch unintentional, it is offside. If we consider it deliberate, it is not offside.

This is why it was such a tricky decision and it took so much time. Pioli argues that the double touch was deliberate, so it's not offside. The VAR considered it involuntary, and that's why he ruled it offside.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't think so. Pjanic should have 5.5 (typo) but don't let the result gloss over the performance. Our full backs did nothing, the midfield was non-existent (and yes I include Marchisio in that, he doesn't have the legs to chase a midfield on his own). Khedira was a passenger for a full 90 mins and Mandzukic's performance on a technical level was appalling. The game was decided by two clinical moments, one in part a goalkeeping mistake and the other was set up by Chiellini.

No other team in the league (or in Europe) could play this shit and come away with a 2-0 win, but our defensive core, battle-hardiness and extra individual quality saw us through. I'd always prefer us to have Chievo at home or something before a big CL game because we all know what is coming, but we squeezed our way through this one. Obviously that's what wins titles over a season.
Fair enough, good points :tup:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
3 points, clean sheet. Good enough for me.

The team clearly was already focused on Tottenham, whilst the purple rats put in their usual 200% against us.
Didn't expect the game to be any different.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It seems nothing will change until week 27 which could go either way as we travel to Rome to face Lazio and Napoli host Roma.
Lazio will be tough to beat but I guess we should score one and let them lose their heads like Napoli did against them..

- - - Updated - - -

I lost count how many matches I've missed this season. Add this one to the list. Never get married, boys :cry:
Im married +1 1year boy but I still dont miss games (well at least not many of them since sometimes I work..)

I hope you are not going to miss Tuesday`s game..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)