[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-0 JUVENTUS [September 14th, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Ramsey hasn’t played for two years just like Rabiot, so that coupled with the time it takes for Sarriball, we won’t see them until the Copa semis. If he’s healthy.
Ramsey hasn't played for two years? You need to check your sources.

But the questions which arise from watching both games against Napoli then Fiorentina is - why were we not able to press high against Fiorentina? And what was it that made Khedira play so well against Napoli as opposed to going completely missing in Florence?

- - - Updated - - -

Is he really that far off??
The heat.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ramsey hasn't played for two years? You need to check your sources.

The heat.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I was obviously being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Our season will really depend on Ramsey showing up. We won't get far playing Can, Matuidi, Khedira etc. We may grind out the odd win but as far as executing Sarri's philosophy, namely pressing high and holding onto the ball when we get it, those guys lack either the dynamism or technique to do so.

Can't speak for Rabiot. I hope he explodes but even if he just turns out to be a Matuidi with actual technique, that would suffice IF Ramsey can stay fit, play regularly and provide the creativity we need.

But the questions which arise from watching both games against Napoli then Fiorentina is - why were we not able to press high against Fiorentina? And what was it that made Khedira play so well against Napoli as opposed to going completely missing in Florence?

- - - Updated - - -

Is he really that far off??
I can speak for Rabiot. He’s a talented player as long as he’s fielded correctly. He would be better for us as the holding midfielder with Pjanic taking the left side. Rabiot reads the game defensively better than Pjanic, and Pjanic is better given a little more freedom to roam.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Why couldn't we press against Fiorentina the same as Napoli? I think the answer is pretty clear to see...

We couldn't be bothered.
yeah, motivation. the biggest issue of them all for a team that won it all recently. still not an acceptable excuse for dropping points and not even trying.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sarri: "Pjanic had a knock to the muscle during the week and it kept irritating him today"

And still started him today.

Ok this is too retarded. Chalk this up as Sarri's first blonde moment.
It is actually unbelievable. Why risk it? Especially with CL in few days. Its beginning of the season, you should be alright resting a key midfielder when he is hurt. I get the pressure of first match he is the coach, but come, this is insane.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I was obviously being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

I can speak for Rabiot. He’s a talented player as long as he’s fielded correctly. He would be better for us as the holding midfielder with Pjanic taking the left side. Rabiot reads the game defensively better than Pjanic, and Pjanic is better given a little more freedom to roam.
I agree with the Pjanic sentiment. Had this argument not so long ago on this forum. He was far, far more damaging offensively when he was a roaming AM at Roma.
I was hoping we could transition to a really solid defensive holding mid - my mind always goes to Mascherano - and Pjanic be pushed up the pitch. A purely offensive regista only makes sense when the player has range in his passing (ala Pirlo, Xavi Alonso...). Pjanic hasn't got half their range.

I don't think Sarri would agree though. Jorginho isn't known for his long passes either. That position is merely about "controlling the pace" of the game which is becoming more and more meaningless a term (because it's often bandied around to justify passive play) and an overrated skill. Not that it isn't important, but why do we waste Pjanic there when players like Busquets or Thiago Motta can easily perform the same task whilst very practically protecting his defense? To control the pace of the game as regista all that's required is a decent technique (passing, protecting the ball) and a good football brain that reads the play.

It's very noticeable how much we rely on crossing and how few through balls or passes over the top we provide. It's one thing that's really predictable about this side and something only a Ramsey or Pjanic could fix. I mean, that was Pjanic's specialty at Roma, now we see none of it.

Last edited:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Why couldn't we press against Fiorentina the same as Napoli? I think the answer is pretty clear to see...

We couldn't be bothered.
Seems hard to believe when it's a cornerstone of Sarri's philosophy. This side just isn't accustomed to the idea of it I reckon. That old habit, drummed in under Allegri, to let the game come to you will die hard.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Allegri strikes again, makes the players forget how to run after a ball
disgusting really, man he must have really drilled his terrible old habbits into the squad, considering Danilo and De Ligt didn't even play under him last season and Higuain played under Sarri.
The Allegri disease has spread through this club deeper than we all thought, he has made our players forget how to play football, i hope Maurice Sarri can teach them the beautiful game all over again, lucky he has Rabiot available who has not been cured by Evil Max

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Didn't get to see the game and only watched a 4 min highlight reel off YouTube. Saw that we had a chance or two compared to fiorentina having many more.
Surprised that someone managed to create a highlight reel that actually spanned 4 minutes from that game.

I actually managed to not check the score and watch a full re-run of the game at 9-45. Really wish I didn’t.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
And you think that there was some breakthrough revolution in physionomy few years ago that in some mysterious ways bypassed Italy? Because I don't.
No, I don't think the gap is that big. I think there's a small gap though.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Wow, what a poor display. Last season's Juve snooze fest.

Here's hoping that eventually Rabiot and Ramsey start playing and hopefully as starters. Matuidi and Khedira are good enough for rotation but Sarri can't rely on them to deliver every 3 days. They're not up to that anymore.
There's also Dybala to be rediscovered and whatever Bernardeschi currently does, he should just do the opposite to improve his effectiveness, even if by a small bit.
Sarri has to learn to rotate Pjanic and better do that more often. Bentancur can do the job and if he fails, use Can there.

Overall I can understand lack of rotation in the beginning of the season but playing players with knocks (Pjanic) is just stupid. Cramps can happen too, no problem.

There's no excuse for playing this poorly though. I can totally live with a draw against Viola but you have to come out and play.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Terrible, terrible, terrible. But I didn't expect any different and even better this is only Serie A which I don't really care for. However, if this is an indicator of our possibilities in CL things are not looking well. Our whole team is injury prone and some of the players are just not worthy of this shirt. Summer mercato was shit, letting Cancelo go was a huge mistake. What's the point of buying Rabiot and Ramsey if you are not going to play them? However, even they are not world beaters. This is what I saw:

Szczesny: 6 Some good saves but please don't play with your feet
Danilo Average Joe
De Ligt: 5 Needs to adapt faster because Ribery and Chiesa were toying with him
Bonucci: 6,5 Best Juve player
Alex Sandro: 6 Where were the attacking runs?
Khedira: 5,5
Pjanic: 5,5 Hopefully his injury is not serious even if he was bad
Matuidi: 6 Amazing work rate however not a technical player
Douglas Costa: N/R Simply injury prone
Higuain: 5,5 Did he even touch the ball?
Bernardeschi: 5 Please send him back to Fiorentina and get Chiesa in return @Mark
Bentancur: 6 Decent
Cuadrado: 6 Decent, should be our starting RB
Ronaldo: 5 GOAT who?

Dybala should leave this sinking ship ASAP. His treatment is just disgusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)