[Serie A] Empoli vs. Juventus (1 Viewer)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Secondly, he's quite simply a fvcking cunt. A fine manager, yes, but he's also a *****. The media and the fans were giving him hell for the way he was dealing with Del Piero but instead of responding like a real man and playing DP when he deserved to be played Cap wanted to prove that we didn't need Alex and that he was indeed correct.

Going by your convictions and doing what you think is right no matter what anybody says about you shows character. And true leadership.

If he would of given in to the demands of the fans he would of been a sheep and i would of lost respect for him.

Capello is great man and a great coach.

Its funny too hear though that you think a "real man" is someone who puts his own morals aside and gives into the demand of others.

Because in my eyes thats a sheep.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++
Secondly, he's quite simply a fvcking cunt. A fine manager, yes, but he's also a *****. The media and the fans were giving him hell for the way he was dealing with Del Piero but instead of responding like a real man and playing DP when he deserved to be played Cap wanted to prove that we didn't need Alex and that he was indeed correct.

Going by your convictions and doing what you think is right no matter what anybody says about you shows character. And true leadership.

If he would of given in to the demands of the fans he would of been a sheep and i would of lost respect for him.

Its funny too hear though that you think a "real man" is someone who puts his own morals aside and gives into the demand of others.

exaaactlly stop bashing Don.Fabio hes doing a good job.Hes a great coach, gets the best out of every player.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

muhahahahaha

what a long post and its all go up in smoke :D

its allright to be in love with DP, he is a nice guy, such a talent, blah-blah-blah. The thing is: the future is called Ibra.

Dp is just too old and tooo injury prone, you cannot build an attack on a player who gets injured after every second sprint he made. How many times it happened that he left the field after the 5th minute of an important match???? You can argue, but where is he now???

Capello sticks to his conception: no leading role for DP. And than what? We won the scudetto, we playing promising in the new season so far, Viera getting better and better and Ibra-Trez seemingly not a bad idea.

As i remember DP took Baggio's place back in the old days, now it's his time to make one step backwards.

btw DP played his best of the recent years last season, so even if he dont like the way he is being handled, Capello brought some good things out of him.

ps: To cite lost matches from a championship we won, my friend: that's pathetic.

Yes we blew the pool game, but they won the CL afterall, so maybe it isnt that much of a shame.

did you support empoli? i hope you weren't too dissapointed that we score 4,

ciao
You're obviously ignoring the broader perspective Stu is bringing forth. Yes, he is upset at Capello not playing Del Piero, but not because its Del Piero, but because Capello refuses to look past his alternatives. Who could at one time or another be in better shape or form than the players on his first team. It is obvious that you will find it hard to hear such criticism, especially considering we beat the mighty Empoli 4-0. The point remains, that we may have won the scudetto, but I dont think we actually set the world on fire in doing so. And that speaks more for Capello's intrinsic style than it does for the team that achieved the feat. So the point remains valid, that if we're to build on last year's success we need to move forward in every sense of the word. Capello's transfer policy is just another one of his limitations as Stu correctly pointed out. Fortunately, I'm guessing Moggi pulled out all stops and the transfer of Mancini and Cassano fell through, in the wake of which we could have lost some supremely talented players in Adrian, Chiellini and perhaps Balzeretti, with the team having to adapt quickly with some last minute shuffling that could've led to a squad imbalance. Not being able to look beyond the players he has worked with in the past negates the adaptability he must possess if he is to build a team for the future. His vision is purely short term and doesnt stand the team in good stead. I agree when he decides to bench Del Piero in favour of Zlatan and Trezeguet, but I disagree when he does the same to Mutu, Del Piero and Zalayeta, even if they are in some sort of scoring form. Coming out in the press and categorically stating the importance of the players at your disposal is one thing, but actually sticking to your guns is completely another. The fact remains, that if Juventus are going to stake a claim in Europe, then it has to start with Don Fabio doing away with his stubborn beliefs and being more open to situations as and when they arise. Given the squad he has at his disposal this season, certainly leaves no room for excuses if we end up empty handed this season. The way things are building up though, certainly shows that this is another season Capello intends to cut it real fine.

PS: Oh and yes, Zlatan may have a very bright future in this game, but you can take my word for it, he will never be the symbol of this team. Because he's too selfish a player, not that there's anything wrong with that, its just that symbols and captains like the currently fading Del Piero are made of sterner stuff.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

....Or a Mancini :D

That's why Inter lost, he was too scared to remove Adriano from the starting line-up cos he was convinced he would receive the backlash like he did when he rested him against Milan.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Nothing wrong with that line of thinking, as long as its legit enough. Capello obviously does things right to be so successful, but he doesnt exactly stray from his ethos which also means that at times he refuses to learn from his mistakes. Even with the gift of hindsight at his disposal.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

You just won't let this go will you...he was 1000 times better today than against Chievo. You see, he actually completed passes this match and justified his place in the starting lineup. He was good this match but very bad in the last...period.
Nope. I won't let it go, as I still think I was right. Saying he was very bad in the last game is a little overstating the case to be honest. Though honestly that one sentence wasn't meant to be provoking or meant to be taken too seriously. Let's leave it.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

Nicht schlecht? Danke :)
Die Deutschen, die hier wohnen, wuerden sagen dass Bozen in Suedtirol ist ;) Aber ja, es ist doch Italien.
Ich meine, dass es gut ist, dass du deutsch sprichst ;) bist du in der nähe von Torino?
kommst du nach München wegen das Spiel Bayern-juventus?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

muhahahahaha

what a long post and its all go up in smoke :D

its allright to be in love with DP, he is a nice guy, such a talent, blah-blah-blah. The thing is: the future is called Ibra.

Dp is just too old and tooo injury prone, you cannot build an attack on a player who gets injured after every second sprint he made. How many times it happened that he left the field after the 5th minute of an important match???? You can argue, but where is he now???

Capello sticks to his conception: no leading role for DP. And than what? We won the scudetto, we playing promising in the new season so far, Viera getting better and better and Ibra-Trez seemingly not a bad idea.

As i remember DP took Baggio's place back in the old days, now it's his time to make one step backwards.

btw DP played his best of the recent years last season, so even if he dont like the way he is being handled, Capello brought some good things out of him.

ps: To cite lost matches from a championship we won, my friend: that's pathetic.

Yes we blew the pool game, but they won the CL afterall, so maybe it isnt that much of a shame.

did you support empoli? i hope you weren't too dissapointed that we score 4,

ciao
So... it took 65 pages but the "DP vrs Ibra" post finally arrive to transform this thread... :wallbang:

Tifo_01

Oct 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

Ich meine, dass es gut ist, dass du deutsch sprichst ;) bist du in der nähe von Torino?
kommst du nach München wegen das Spiel Bayern-juventus?
Ich weis dass du nicht mir gefragt hast, aber ich werde (nicht sicher) in München sein das spiel zu schauen.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

PS: Oh and yes, Zlatan may have a very bright future in this game, but you can take my word for it, he will never be the symbol of this team. Because he's too selfish a player, not that there's anything wrong with that, its just that symbols and captains like the currently fading Del Piero are made of sterner stuff.

He allready is a symbol for many Juve fans, including ITALIAN ppl... He really is...

btw...

FORZA CAPELLO !

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifo_01 ] ++

Ich weis dass du nicht mir gefragt hast, aber ich werde (nicht sicher) in München sein das spiel zu schauen.
actionly I had the idea to meet other forum users before the game against bayern. this will be great, don´t you think? if anybody is going there, just let me know about that. we will represent juventuz.com:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

He allready is a symbol for many Juve fans, including ITALIAN ppl... He really is...

btw...

FORZA CAPELLO !

Well I'm pretty sure those people are as fickle as the 23 year old soon to be superstar. As for you going Forza about Capello, I guess only time will tell if you actually mean 'forza'.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

btw...

FORZA CAPELLO !
Kosova, how can it be that someone so young as Ibra and just with his second season with a team can be considered as a symbol of Juve???
To be consider as a symbol is not just a matter of being a good player and shine in the pitch, but to have demostrated many other things, like continutity and total loyalty in good and bad times, something that Ibra will need time to demostrate.Too early to said that....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think I realized Capello's order of the forwards and I know why,
Zlatan - Trezeguet are the starters, then comes Zalayeta, Del Piero then Mutu. Why that? because he likes player with a big physique but the thing remains as a secret is Cassano.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I don't see how one match invalidates everything that Stuart said. So we beat Empoli by a wide margin, does that mean he's wrong in everything he said?
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

You're obviously ignoring the broader perspective Stu is bringing forth. Yes, he is upset at Capello not playing Del Piero, but not because its Del Piero, but because Capello refuses to look past his alternatives. Who could at one time or another be in better shape or form than the players on his first team. It is obvious that you will find it hard to hear such criticism, especially considering we beat the mighty Empoli 4-0. The point remains, that we may have won the scudetto, but I dont think we actually set the world on fire in doing so. And that speaks more for Capello's intrinsic style than it does for the team that achieved the feat. So the point remains valid, that if we're to build on last year's success we need to move forward in every sense of the word. Capello's transfer policy is just another one of his limitations as Stu correctly pointed out. Fortunately, I'm guessing Moggi pulled out all stops and the transfer of Mancini and Cassano fell through, in the wake of which we could have lost some supremely talented players in Adrian, Chiellini and perhaps Balzeretti, with the team having to adapt quickly with some last minute shuffling that could've led to a squad imbalance. Not being able to look beyond the players he has worked with in the past negates the adaptability he must possess if he is to build a team for the future. His vision is purely short term and doesnt stand the team in good stead. I agree when he decides to bench Del Piero in favour of Zlatan and Trezeguet, but I disagree when he does the same to Mutu, Del Piero and Zalayeta, even if they are in some sort of scoring form. Coming out in the press and categorically stating the importance of the players at your disposal is one thing, but actually sticking to your guns is completely another. The fact remains, that if Juventus are going to stake a claim in Europe, then it has to start with Don Fabio doing away with his stubborn beliefs and being more open to situations as and when they arise. Given the squad he has at his disposal this season, certainly leaves no room for excuses if we end up empty handed this season. The way things are building up though, certainly shows that this is another season Capello intends to cut it real fine.

Thank you.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Anybody on a high after this match for any reason besides having a good game against a crappy side need to come off of it...we have a whole season ahead of us. Just because this one match was perfect doesn't mean our next 50 will turn out the same way...just because our team selections worked this time doesn't mean they will work next match. Nothing is easy and we will undoubtedly have a bad spell of form, just like last season..question is WHEN will this bad patch afflict us. Probably right when we need top form the most.

As for Ibrahimovic being a symbol of the club I don't know how you come to such a conclusion. Saying Ibrahimovic is the symbol of the club at the moment is an insult to all our other players who have performed better than him thus far this season...which is quite a few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)