[Serie A] Chievo 2-3 JUVENTUS [August 18th, 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Cancelo

• Bonucci

• Alex Sandro

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Ronaldo

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #267
    Woj
    Cuad-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
    Pjanic-Can
    Cancelo-Dybala-Costa
    CR 7​

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Ronaldo primed for Juve debut

Max Allegri has confirmed that 'best player in the world’ Cristiano Ronaldo will make his Juventus debut against Chievo on Saturday.

Ronaldo only began training with Juve two weeks ago, but Allegri revealed the superstar was nonetheless in a position to feature competitively for the first time.

“It is clear that for him, it’s a new experience. He’s intrigued,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“I’ve always said that this season will be more difficult than ever. We have the best player in the world, Bonucci is back and we’ve made other signings like Can, Cancelo and Spinazzola.

“We’ve improved, but so have others. We must put aside this period of excitement for the arrival of these players and get back down to earth.

“When the season begins tomorrow, we’ll find a Chievo side who want to do well against one of the favourites for the League and Champions League.

“We must be immersed in our mentality, respecting our opponents and keeping a low profile when working.

“The only thing that matters is winning, and tomorrow we have to take the three points.

“There’s always a question mark over the first season, but I’m also curious to see the team tomorrow because we played half an hour at Villar Perosa and 30 minutes against the Under 23s.

“Tomorrow Ronaldo, Szczesny, Pjanic, Cancelo and Alex Sandro will all play. I must assess the others.

“Matuidi is getting back to full fitness. He’s only just come back, but everyone is in good condition.

“Tomorrow there will be those who play 50 minutes and those who play half an hour. Whoever played in the US more minutes in their legs.

“Ronaldo’s won five Ballon d’Ors and always wants to push himself. In 15 days I haven’t spotted anything extraordinary from him, but it’s immediately clear to me that he’s different to the others.

“It’s shown by what he’s won. For everyone else, it’s an important stimulus because winning, continuing to win and being the best for the past 11 years with Messi is a stimulus.

“However, this shouldn’t make us fall into the fact that if Ronaldo is there, we win. Ronaldo helps us win if the team work in a certain way.

“It’s a great added value for a team who have played in two Champions League Finals in the last four years and won what needed to be won.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #270
    Woj
    Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
    Pjanic-Bentancur
    Cuadrado-Dybala-Costa
    CR 7​
    I'd like to see Bent play as well, for sure. I had Jsquare and Cancelo switched based off the friendly we played a couple days ago where Max experimented again with it.

I don't know what to expect tbh.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    This should give Chievo half a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely no reason as to why Costa shouldn't be a regular starter now.
    He was a regular starter last season. Just because he might not start the first game (when selection is all over the place anyway because of fitness issues) it doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)