[Serie A] Chievo 2-3 JUVENTUS [August 18th, 2018] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Cancelo

• Bonucci

• Alex Sandro

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Ronaldo

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Sadly missed watching match but probably would have been screaming at the TV. Though all ended well with 3-2 win. And on pace for 114 league goals. :lol:

Ok, enough of that but looking over stats could have been way better than 3 goals and less than 2 given up goals. Juve 11 shots on goal to Chievo's 2. Juve 8-0 corner advantage. Crazy time of possession control.

Never been a fan of 2 MF approach so hopefully see something like a 4-3-3 or even 3-5-2 for Cancelo's possible defensive issues. CR7 didn't come to Juve to play passive foots so though Sami scored a goal, his lack of speed IMO prevents Juve from being the best they can be. No doubt quality player but not a good fit for this Juve. I also like Cuads so much but with the 10 players listed below might be too much offensive/not enough defense to have him among them.

Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellio, Sandro, Berna, Can, Pjanic, Costa, Dybala, CR7. That's the 10 players I want the Master to figure out how to use. Think they have the most on paper talent ..... haven't seen much of Can so maybe Matuidi could be there short term? Sure hope Dybala finds his best form with CR7 cause I think Mario would only look better than he already is playing with CR7.
:allegri:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In reality it could have been anything from a 6-0 win (if the penalty or red was given on JC) to maybe a draw, but we definitely deserved to win.

It's a bit of a cliché but in the majority of our domestic games this season the only way Juve will lose is if they beat themselves - Allegri has pointed it out again and it's blatantly obvious but when the technical gap is so big the constant danger we have as a team is the battle to stay motivated and concentrated. In the end I always believe we'll win, even if sometimes we won't quite do enough.

At this point it's just about getting the points and then we'll fire later on and give some teams a battering.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That period from start to first Chievo goal was the best we've been on a technical level in forever. Such good positioning, retaining and reclaiming possession, finding the open man. And you could see we actually wanted to play that way, it wasn't that Chievo was bad.

We could've had two penalties on Cancelo and Cuadrado and if Juan didn't screw up that 4:2 counter attack...very comfortable result.

I'm not going to be too bothered we conceded two dumb goals through individual mistakes, those are outliers.

What bothered me a little bit is we started chucking the ball forward too much in the second half and forcing stuff. Out of one of those hopeless long balls we conceded the penalty when Khedira completely left his spot to chase their CBs. With more dynamic and aggressive players like Can and Bernardeschi I think we would've dominated even more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)