[Serie A] Cagliari 2-2 Juventus [19th April, 2024 20:45 CEST] (5 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So 2-2 against the mighty Cagliari
Chiesa`s dive was actually our best move on the night.
As for the FK - It was pretty clear it was going in - I watched it home and their wall was ridiculously off. The route was there - The only question remaining is can he execute a practice shot.

Am I worried? Nope - We will get to CL even if we lose all our games as I dont think the chances of our competition for CL spot can get maximum points. Stat wise they would need a miracle.

If Allegri remains - We should be extremely worried for next season.
If Allegri gets replaced - It doesnt mean we are conquering Italy again or winning the CL for the first time since 96 but it means there is at least the hope to once be exactly that.
It could also be worse but without change you certainly arent going to improve.
I am pretty sure that our board see the same by now - Motta for Allegri seems inevitable (Unless we change our coaching target but Allegri is pretty much out the way I see it)

- - - Updated - - -

Im not entirely sure it was intentional but yeah that opened him up..

- - - Updated - - -

“Simple, we allowed seven counter-attacks and were constantly trying these tik-tak passes to someone a metre away and getting it wrong,”

“Against aggressive sides like Cagliari, you need to wage battle. We didn’t understand that was the situation, especially with the ball not really rolling on that pitch, we had to hit it long instead. ''

remember kids, in order to beat cagliari in cagliari, you have to hit it long. why is he talking as if players themselves came up with the wrong approach?
Because he has enough heat on himself as it is and another heat is exactly what he should avoid now.
On a rational point of view - game plan is obviously his job.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
“Simple, we allowed seven counter-attacks and were constantly trying these tik-tak passes to someone a metre away and getting it wrong,”

“Against aggressive sides like Cagliari, you need to wage battle. We didn’t understand that was the situation, especially with the ball not really rolling on that pitch, we had to hit it long instead. ''

remember kids, in order to beat cagliari in cagliari, you have to hit it long. why is he talking as if players themselves came up with the wrong approach?

Because hi is
20240414_194114.jpg

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Honestly if we continue to 17 from 17 - 69 pts it should be more than enough to guarantee top 4.
Atalanta are currently our only real threat as they have 2 games in hand but even in the unlikely event of 5 wins and 2 draws they would finish on 68 pts. Like I said highly unlikely.
In terms of what needed to get the minimum - We may not like it but the minimum is on the way to being achieved.

Its still shame that this is our minimum though.. I remember days when we got 2nd place and a CL semi final and the coach still got the boot.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Was thinking the same lol... I dont think we ever reached semis and finished 2nd in Serie A.
Maybe he is confused with Carlo Ancelotti first season after lippi was sacked where we finished 7th in Serie a and lost champions league semi finals to man utd.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Because he doesn't actually coach attacking patterns, remember? He just says run forward with the ball and figure it out.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't think that this happened :D
It happened but I mixed up the data a bit.
Ancelotti managed us 99-01 - He did get 2nd place and CL semis but he wasnt sacked that season.

- - - Updated - - -

we reached a final and finished 2nd though ('00, won the intertoto final lol)
Was referring to 99 but yeah I think I mixed it up a bit.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It happened but I mixed up the data a bit.
Ancelotti managed us 99-01 - He did get 2nd place and CL semis but he wasnt sacked that season.

- - - Updated - - -

Was referring to 99 but yeah I think I mixed it up a bit.
Ancelotti finished 7th in his first season with Juve along with elimination to man utd in the champions league semi final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)