[Serie A] Cagliari 1-3 JUVENTUS (December 21, 2012) (57 Viewers)

Man of the Matri?

• Barza

• Mitra Matatatatatata Matri

• Vooch

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Read underneath the second headline. They said that we disappointingly drew Cagliari 3-1 or something like that.:disagree:
Ah. Thanks. I was keying off the "morning" comment, not the "draw" one.

Unlike Napoli-Bologna, apparently Conte did not know about the fix. :D

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
To be honest Caceres cant play in my 3 man defense... To weak... And dont really understand the role well enough... And it seems he dont communicate well will the other 2 defenders...

- - - Updated - - -

“Juve have won today with poor sportsmanship – the facts speak for themselves and I am disgusted.

“I thought football in this country had changed, but it seems that a leopard never changes its spots.”

Error mr Cellino we are Zebras

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Typical sub CB behavior, IMO.
I can agree with that but... he doesnt look the part... just look like a wingback and not a centre back... I am just not confident with him there... dont get me wrong hes a good player in his role... check after the went off... How the game went... but they got a red so you couldnt really see it... The last time he played in my backline... he was on the left... And looked the same way... so they changed hiim over to the right but it didnt make a difference... He would have to prove me wrong.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am all for "let the guy who feels ready and responsible for it take the penalty" but with the amount of running our midfield 3 of marchisio, pirlo and vidal have in their legs every game it would be wise to let someone shoot the penalties who is less fatigued. barzagli has looked nice when taking them last time i have seen him. it is a well known fact that the accuracy is the first thing you lose under the influence of fatigue and the kind of battling claudio and arturo do in the middle of the park will have negative effects on them very early in the game. just think about how arturo battled against two of cagliaris players on the right wing repeatedly until falling back down on his ass. pirlo gets very often hassled at every contact of the ball so he is obviously another candidate not to kick the penalties.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
i am all for "let the guy who feels ready and responsible for it take the penalty" but with the amount of running our midfield 3 of marchisio, pirlo and vidal have in their legs every game it would be wise to let someone shoot the penalties who is less fatigued. barzagli has looked nice when taking them last time i have seen him. it is a well known fact that the accuracy is the first thing you lose under the influence of fatigue and the kind of battling claudio and arturo do in the middle of the park will have negative effects on them very early in the game. just think about how arturo battled against two of cagliaris players on the right wing repeatedly until falling back down on his ass. pirlo gets very often hassled at every contact of the ball so he is obviously another candidate not to kick the penalties.
Agree on this.

Aug 1, 2003
both penalties were soft, neither should've given IMO, but these things happen Juve had a long time to find an equalizer or more. I thought Cagliari, barring going down a wee bit too easily, defended really well and Agazzi was in superb form. They didn't really challenge us except for Sau's shot, but Juve struggled in trying to break them. Astori's send off was the key moment in the game, but I think it was a deserved second yellow - he didn't even really challenge for the ball.

in a way I am glad we struggled in this game. the media was hyping us being crowned winter champions and even I myself was too confident coming into this. maybe Juve didn't feel that way but the good thing is that a struggle reminds us not to take anything for granted. it was good to see Juventus get a bit desperate and was under pressure to find a win - probably also because conte is on the bench :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)