[Serie A] Benevento 2-4 JUVENTUS [April 7th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Pjanic

• Higuain

• Dybala

• D. Costa

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Dybala is suspended for the return leg against Real.

I would like to see this:

Higuain
Costa - Bernardeschi - Cuadrado
Bentancur - Pjanic​

Against Benevento and then against Real Madrid.
I think Bentancur got a yellow and is suspended for the game at Bernabeu... I mean I know he got a yellow, I think he`s suspended for the second leg because of it...

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I think Bentancur got a yellow and is suspended for the game at Bernabeu... I mean I know he got a yellow, I think he`s suspended for the second leg because of it...
Yeah I just remembered that. A yellow for a clean tackle.

Kroos did worse and got away with nothing :facepalm2:

Jun 10, 2011
what is there to explain? juve's transfer policy has always been not to invest too much money on a single transfer. While milan on the other hand have been all about headline grabbing signings..

this criticism may be a little over exxagerrated but juve does have a tendency to sell their absolute top players in their primes for a club of their stature.

do you think anyone could buy a Zidane in his absolute prime from barca, real, Bayern... Even milan would put up a hell of a fight to keep such a generational player (if you ignore their bankrupt later years when they foolishly sold kaka and started their irreversible decline) .

this policy has continued with the sales of Vidal,and more painfully for me Pogba..

no top team has a policy of selling a top asset/player and leaving gaping holes in their squad like juve. Some might call it a small team mentality. but I think its a problem with juve club policy.

juve doesn't mind selling its absolute top player with a mentality of investing the funds on 2-3 good players and building a strong squad.

this is a policy that wins your a serie a scudetto over a long term grinding season.

but in Europe where you need to overload for a single all crucial victory. You need that overwhelming individual skill factor. this is where juve has come up short historically
hello everyone. I have frquent this forum for the past few years and have now finally decided to do some posting. I used to be active in another juve fan forum but that site has tons of blind faith fanboys who will not hesitate to shoot you down or call you a fake fan the moment you criticize or point out glaring problems with the team / players. that place has gotten too irrational, delusional and toxic. juventuz seems to have more realistic and rational fans :)

i agree with old school with regards to our club mentality and transfer policy. seems like we are a club that likes to gear towards building a strong squad for the league. stretching back to the lippi days, we always almost have only 1 or 2 superstars coupled with grinding teamwork players. for every del piero and zidane we will have the contes, deschamps, pessottos, birindellis

from what i can remember. the only time we had practically a world class player at almost every position was capello's 2005 Juve

GK: buffon
DL: zambrotta
DC: thuram
DC: cannavaro
DR: pessotto
ML: nedved
MR: camoranesi
MC: vieira
MC: emerson
FC: trezeguet
FC: wonderkid zlatan

we even had a very strong bench as well: the up coming chiellini and marchisio, adrian mutu, robert kovac, criscito, abbiati and freaking del piero!. had the squad was not dismantled the following year due to calciopoli i imagine we would at least win one UCL

after calciopoli we had to start from scratch and now we are back to the old policy of having one or two stars coupled with the grinders like khedira, sturaros. in modern day CL, one will just have to stack as many top stars in almost every position possible. it might not guarantee you the win but it certainly does improve the chances. bargain buys and free transfer for over the hill super stars can only get us the serie a title but not the UCL..

whether it is purely down to financial restriction or the club's ambition to only win the serie a that we keep coming up with those sort of transfer strategy i really do not know

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
hello everyone. I have frquent this forum for the past few years and have now finally decided to do some posting. I used to be active in another juve fan forum but that site has tons of blind faith fanboys who will not hesitate to shoot you down or call you a fake fan the moment you criticize or point out glaring problems with the team / players. that place has gotten too irrational, delusional and toxic. juventuz seems to have more realistic and rational fans :)

i agree with old school with regards to our club mentality and transfer policy. seems like we are a club that likes to gear towards building a strong squad for the league. stretching back to the lippi days, we always almost have only 1 or 2 superstars coupled with grinding teamwork players. for every del piero and zidane we will have the contes, deschamps, pessottos, birindellis

from what i can remember. the only time we had practically a world class player at almost every position was capello's 2005 Juve

GK: buffon
DL: zambrotta
DC: thuram
DC: cannavaro
DR: pessotto
ML: nedved
MR: camoranesi
MC: vieira
MC: emerson
FC: trezeguet
FC: wonderkid zlatan

we even had a very strong bench as well: the up coming chiellini and marchisio, adrian mutu, robert kovac, criscito, abbiati and freaking del piero!. had the squad was not dismantled the following year due to calciopoli i imagine we would at least win one UCL

after calciopoli we had to start from scratch and now we are back to the old policy of having one or two stars coupled with the grinders like khedira, sturaros. in modern day CL, one will just have to stack as many top stars in almost every position possible. it might not guarantee you the win but it certainly does improve the chances. bargain buys and free transfer for over the hill super stars can only get us the serie a title but not the UCL..

whether it is purely down to financial restriction or the club's ambition to only win the serie a that we keep coming up with those sort of transfer strategy i really do not know
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the ride.

Summer will be interesting

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the ride.

Summer will be interesting
Yup, i wonder if the management can make a decision to have a big spending spree (120mil+ net spend) to really get us competitive in the UCL for the nest 5 years. Could be a financially wise move if they believe it will get us many more new fans and consumers from emerging markets like USA and China

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Yup, i wonder if the management can make a decision to have a big spending spree (120mil+ net spend) to really get us competitive in the UCL for the nest 5 years. Could be a financially wise move if they believe it will get us many more new fans and consumers from emerging markets like USA and China
keep dreaming will not happen a 120m net spend. Our best is 30-40m

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
keep dreaming will not happen a 120m net spend. Our best is 30-40m
yeah, sadly, I agree. FOR a nett spend of 40 though, what would be awesome (definitely in dream land) would be Out: Sandro (60) Mandzukic (30) In: Spinnazola (0), Caldara (0), Griezmann (100), Can (0), Rabiot (30)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
what is there to explain? juve's transfer policy has always been not to invest too much money on a single transfer. While milan on the other hand have been all about headline grabbing signings..

this criticism may be a little over exxagerrated but juve does have a tendency to sell their absolute top players in their primes for a club of their stature.

do you think anyone could buy a Zidane in his absolute prime from barca, real, Bayern... Even milan would put up a hell of a fight to keep such a generational player (if you ignore their bankrupt later years when they foolishly sold kaka and started their irreversible decline) .

this policy has continued with the sales of Vidal,and more painfully for me Pogba..

no top team has a policy of selling a top asset/player and leaving gaping holes in their squad like juve. Some might call it a small team mentality. but I think its a problem with juve club policy.

juve doesn't mind selling its absolute top player with a mentality of investing the funds on 2-3 good players and building a strong squad.

this is a policy that wins your a serie a scudetto over a long term grinding season.

but in Europe where you need to overload for a single all crucial victory. You need that overwhelming individual skill factor. this is where juve has come up short historically
Completely agree with this post cause have a point.Just add,you can't add new players every year and expect them instantly to be on the top of their game.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you hydde :agree:

i have got a feeling its darmain and can and ultimately parolo as an alternative :sergio:
Meanwhile selling Sandro,at least.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
There's something funny about this tweet as wrong as that is

[video=twitter;982270829483278336]https://twitter.com/forumJuventus/status/982270829483278336[/video]

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
yeah, sadly, I agree. FOR a nett spend of 40 though, what would be awesome (definitely in dream land) would be Out: Sandro (60) Mandzukic (30) In: Spinnazola (0), Caldara (0), Griezmann (100), Can (0), Rabiot (30)
Nigga who is paying 30mil for a 32 year old Mandzukic?

Given, we paid 90mil for a 29 year old declining big game flop so, i guess there's a chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)