[Serie A] Atalanta 1-0 Juventus [April 18th, 2021] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If Atalanta wins this. We risk top 4.

- - - Updated - - -

They still have Toloi, Palomino, Djimsiti, compentent defenders.
I'd go further, we're already risking top4, if Atalanta wins this we absolutely will have to win against Milan if we want top4.

All the important stuff in Serie A besides CL places is already decided, the winner is Inter (+11 over 2nd place), the relegated sides are Crotone, Parma and Cagliari (-5 from Torino who have a game in hand) and the last EL spot is occupied by Roma (+11 over 8th place). So this game and the game against Milan are the deciding games for us, as all the other games we (and the other teams contending for top4) will be facing teams with no other motivation besides pride. Sure we and the others might drop points here and there (against Inter or Roma f.e.), but most of the games I expect 3 points going to the team that has something to play for.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Gasperini has been playing a back 4 for the last 3 matches, something he hadn't done in years, because of the lack of wingbacks available. With Toloi as RB like Mancini used him in the last national team match. Malinovskyi has been great in these matches playing from the right. For our match Romero and Pessina are out, we'll if it means another change.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Napoli v inter as well...2 big games...needless to say this is one of the biggest games for us this season.

Just wonder whether pirlo will start dybala.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'd go further, we're already risking top4, if Atalanta wins this we absolutely will have to win against Milan if we want top4.

All the important stuff in Serie A besides CL places is already decided, the winner is Inter (+11 over 2nd place), the relegated sides are Crotone, Parma and Cagliari (-5 from Torino who have a game in hand) and the last EL spot is occupied by Roma (+11 over 8th place). So this game and the game against Milan are the deciding games for us, as all the other games we (and the other teams contending for top4) will be facing teams with no other motivation besides pride. Sure we and the others might drop points here and there (against Inter or Roma f.e.), but most of the games I expect 3 points going to the team that has something to play for.
That would make these the deciding games:
Round 31: Atalanta-Juventus
Round 32: Napoli-Lazio
Round 33: Lazio-Milan
Round 35: Juventus-Milan
Round 38: Atalanta-Milan

Milan seems safe for top 4 right now with 4 pts advantage to 5th place Napoli, but they also have 3 away matches against other teams fighting for top 4 (Juve, Lazio, Atalanta).

Also, despite being safe and seemingly not fighting for anything anymore, I can see some other teams giving their everything to defeat their opponents which are still in the race for top 4.
I mean matches like Juve-Inter and Roma-Lazio in round 37, or Fiorentina-Juve in round 33; or even Roma-Atalanta next weekend or Napoli-Inter this weekend. I don't think Conte and Inter will just give up against Napoli. Quite the opposite. They'll try to secure the scudetto asap.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That would make these the deciding games:
Round 31: Atalanta-Juventus
Round 32: Napoli-Lazio
Round 33: Lazio-Milan
Round 35: Juventus-Milan
Round 38: Atalanta-Milan

Milan seems safe for top 4 right now with 4 pts advantage to 5th place Napoli, but they also have 3 away matches against other teams fighting for top 4 (Juve, Lazio, Atalanta).

Also, despite being safe and seemingly not fighting for anything anymore, I can see some other teams giving their everything to defeat their opponents which are still in the race for top 4.
I mean matches like Juve-Inter and Roma-Lazio in round 37, or Fiorentina-Juve in round 33; or even Roma-Atalanta next weekend or Napoli-Inter this weekend. I don't think Conte and Inter will just give up against Napoli. Quite the opposite. They'll try to secure the scudetto asap.
Conte is a freak that embodies the winning is everything that matters spirit, I'm sure he'll want every Inter record he can still break this season, including the points record in a single season, longest win streak and crap like that. And even if there isn't anything on the line, knowing Conte he'll still push his team to win even the most meaningless of games, someone just has to say or write something semi-negative about him and he'll be roaring to go.

And good point about the rivals, there are other teams that'll want to spite their rivals even if they themselves have nothing to play for like Roma-Lazio. But for sure this game is among the two most important games we have remaining this season, it might be extremely hard gaining lost ground in other matches when there are so few teams left in the competition with something to still play for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)