[SERIE A] Atalanta vs JUVENTUS (12/21/08) (7 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Manninger

• Mellberg

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchisio

• Marchionni

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• De Ceglie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, you could, but you wouldn't enjoy such a rich and full life without his original and fascinating views on world affairs and the human psyche.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think that's enough lampooning for one night.

It's 3am, so I've barely got time for my regulation 12 hours sleep before I start work tomorrow...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Check our injury list:

Buffon, Grygera, Zebina, Knezevic, Andrade, Tiago, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Nedved, Iaquinta, Trezeguet.

At least 5 starters are injured and 6 more bench players. And Ranieri can still make a strong starting XI.

That's squad depth for you. Instead of investing in one or two superstars we invested in 7-8 good players.
We have both RB's injured and we still have Salihamidzic and Mellberg for RB. We can have both LBs injured and we can still put Chiellini or Salihamidzic to play there. With 3 of our Cbs injured we can put Grygera and the 4th CB in the center of the defense. We have many CMs, we have Salihamidzic and Giovinco for MR if both Camo and Marco are injured. We have De Ceglie and Giovinco, even Brazzo, if Nedved's injured and we have more than enough strikers.

Look at Milan on the other hand. They have no squad depth but they have more quality players. With only three players injured (Nesta, Gattuso and Kaka) they are dead.

I'm not saying that it's better investing in quantity than quality, but as it turns out at this particular moment, we did good when we decided to get Tiago, Grygera, Mellberg, Iaquinta, Salihamidzic and De Ceglie instead of buying only Ronaldinho.

Of course, this was a good thing to do last summer. Now when we have the required depth, we must go for quality, top quality.
That's not true. Both Milan's transfers and core players are much much much better than ours. They will annihilate us.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I think its safe to "assume" that gio will play some part in this match as the likes of de ceglie, god, or macarroni will need to be subbed at some point since our two strikers and two wingers are all "injured".

That's if ranieri doesn't throw us another curveball and put melberg as a striker sub and marchisio/zanetti as a "safety net" to protect our lead only for that backfire on us like the "bay of pigs" did to JFK
I have faith Ranieri will do the right decisions. More so than for example, YOU.

:agree:

Is legro fit to play?
Legro wasn't even injured for Milan game. He was only suspended.

I believe he's already been on the bench once. A week or two ago.
He was.

Nah, Iago has been called in the match squad 2 weeks ago, but he was in the stands, didnt make the bench.
I think you're wrong. He was on the bench.

http://juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_A3B3D0B6C7244D28888B85DBD3AB4352.asp

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Check our injury list:

Buffon, Grygera, Zebina, Knezevic, Andrade, Tiago, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Nedved, Iaquinta, Trezeguet.

At least 5 starters are injured and 6 more bench players. And Ranieri can still make a strong starting XI.

That's squad depth for you. Instead of investing in one or two superstars we invested in 7-8 good players.
We have both RB's injured and we still have Salihamidzic and Mellberg for RB. We can have both LBs injured and we can still put Chiellini or Salihamidzic to play there. With 3 of our Cbs injured we can put Grygera and the 4th CB in the center of the defense. We have many CMs, we have Salihamidzic and Giovinco for MR if both Camo and Marco are injured. We have De Ceglie and Giovinco, even Brazzo, if Nedved's injured and we have more than enough strikers.

Look at Milan on the other hand. They have no squad depth but they have more quality players. With only three players injured (Nesta, Gattuso and Kaka) they are dead.

I'm not saying that it's better investing in quantity than quality, but as it turns out at this particular moment, we did good when we decided to get Tiago, Grygera, Mellberg, Iaquinta, Salihamidzic and De Ceglie instead of buying only Ronaldinho.

Of course, this was a good thing to do last summer. Now when we have the required depth, we must go for quality, top quality.
WHAT?! OUR MERCATO WAS SHIT, DISASTROUS, THE WORST IN SERIE A!!! FUCK SUCKO, BLANK AND RUINIERI!!! WE ARE DOOMED TO 7TH PLACE AT BEST!!! :( :tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)