[Serie A. 6th round] Palermo 0-1 JUVENTUS [24th September, 2016] (3 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Its incredible how idiotic some of these people are.

I especially like the fact that they cannot grasp the difference between preparing for a huge game, or fucking palermo
Deleted my post by mistake, what's your take on this.

For some, we need to normalize bad performances. Doesn't make sense.

Juventus is not the only team playing midweek games, yet out of the top teams we're frequently playing with fire whereas the others don't.

We were in luck to be against a subpar team, any other better teams and we'd have been punished. Almost as if we wanted to concede.

Only good thing is the result, hopefully we improve.

Now onto the next game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Deleted my post by mistake, what's your take on this.
'the best defence wins the league' - Allegri, Bonucci, Chiellini.

We typically do just enough to win the game. But we give away nothing. We are just a handfull games far, and Allegri fielded the powerhouse selection exactly once, he's experimenting about, but makes sure we dont lose games

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Here comes the "expertise".Sick of that million ultra stubborn/nonsense posts.
-Massively important midweek game?Come on again ?Who is our opponent ?Real,Barca or Bayern?Oh I forgot the mighty Dinamo Zagreb.Well that explains everything.By the way I am going in Zagreb to watch the game so stop that typical bull$#@! about watching games.I have watched and recorded all our games from 2010 till now and watching Juve games 20 years ,at least.This was within the first 3 most ugliest games we played since than(2010 till now),maybe the most ugliest."We gave away 0 chances"?To what team?Mighty Palermo."Holding back with the midweek game in mind".Yeah,absolutely right.We should trash Dinamo with our Primavera team.Why doesn't we "gave away 0 chances to Inter"? what game was in our mind "?Cagliari?When we play good I will hail the team ,when we play crap like today I will criticize.As simple as that.Basic English.

And again,seriously I can bet that I watched more Juve games that you will ever watch,so your comments about this are nonsense .We played some pretty ugly games with Conte (more) and with Allegri (less) but not this ugly.Of course we must exclude post Calciopolli DelNeri/Ferrara?Ranieri era.At that time there were some pretty ugly games.But in that time we were lost in the space with Secco and other losers.
Don't bother to explain over and over.Was enough.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:
The mentality of some juventini (not only on this forum) is pathetic and look like small club mentality

When the likes of real barca bayern lost to some small clubs they usually lost it due to some miraculous goals or counter attack and usually it also involved massive luck factor on both teams (the smaler club score with their only shot on goal and the mighty club denied goals for various reasons)

However one sure common thing between those giants is that they utterly dominated their opponents despite the scoreline, we almost never seen them played so bad and look like a midtable team, unable to outposses their smaller opponents and the likes

You don't see real barca bayern shitting their pants against the likes of palermo bremen osasuna

They dictate the play against those lesser clubs, they stick to their character as big clubs

We don't, somehow, very far too often we chameleon our way to the level of our opponent when we should exercise authority toward them.

Until that change, we aren't going to be on the same level with the elites.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
It's funny how Max aadmited he's experimenting with many formation and line up except with one that make sense.for anyone who knows you need to score more goals that the other Team to get the victory

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's OK because this is really a rebuilding season anyway. The good news is we probably won't sell Pjanic and Higuain next summer, hopefully not Dybala either, so if we win Serie A and make it out of the group stages it will be a huge success.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It's OK because this is really a rebuilding season anyway. The good news is we probably won't sell Pjanic and Higuain next summer, hopefully not Dybala either, so if we win Serie A and make it out of the group stages it will be a huge success.
The management told us last season we a transitional season after selling our best striker and whole midfield.

We can't rely on that again next year...

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
The mentality of some juventini (not only on this forum) is pathetic and look like small club mentality

When the likes of real barca bayern lost to some small clubs they usually lost it due to some miraculous goals or counter attack and usually it also involved massive luck factor on both teams (the smaler club score with their only shot on goal and the mighty club denied goals for various reasons)

However one sure common thing between those giants is that they utterly dominated their opponents despite the scoreline, we almost never seen them played so bad and look like a midtable team, unable to outposses their smaller opponents and the likes

You don't see real barca bayern $#@!ting their pants against the likes of palermo bremen osasuna

They dictate the play against those lesser clubs, they stick to their character as big clubs

We don't, somehow, very far too often we chameleon our way to the level of our opponent when we should exercise authority toward them.

Until that change, we aren't going to be on the same level with the elites.
agree totally with you, Allegri is nerfing our ability with his 3-5-2 obsession, I always thought of the guy as a lover of attacking football but seems like since he came here he is so scared to lose/fail and is still under Conte's shadow to totally implement his own ideas in our play, you have certain people try so hard to see positives in the 3-5-2 that totally leaves our strikers completely isolated that the opponent usually always is pinning us back in our own half and that's even mid-table and small clubs, these same people that defend the formation strongly know in their hearts it won't get us anywhere in Europe, its a shame how they defend it everyday in and out, even our best European days have always been whilst deploying a back 4, if we can't beat today's Serie A clubs with a back 4 then its a shame, we don't need 3 men defending all the time when we have some intelligent attackers who cannot express themselves to the best of their ability because a damn formation holds them back..

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
agree totally with you, Allegri is nerfing our ability with his 3-5-2 obsession, I always thought of the guy as a lover of attacking football but seems like since he came here he is so scared to lose/fail and is still under Conte's shadow to totally implement his own ideas in our play, you have certain people try so hard to see positives in the 3-5-2 that totally leaves our strikers completely isolated that the opponent usually always is pinning us back in our own half and that's even mid-table and small clubs, these same people that defend the formation strongly know in their hearts it won't get us anywhere in Europe, its a shame how they defend it everyday in and out, even our best European days have always been whilst deploying a back 4, if we can't beat today's Serie A clubs with a back 4 then its a shame, we don't need 3 men defending all the time when we have some intelligent attackers who cannot express themselves to the best of their ability because a damn formation holds them back..
Well I think after all this time I've found out the term for the problem this club is having to extend the superiority in domestic competition to europe, it all boil down to this :

This club has a supranatural innate ability to chameleon it's play style to match whatever level of opponent it play against.

When we're facing bigger (not in relative to ours but in general) clubs we often can match them.

However very often the same thing happened when we're facing smaller clubs, it doesn't matter whether it's sevilla or benfica or hamburg or fulham or galatasaray or palermo or noejarsland whatever; very often this club no matter what squad it has, this club would simply somehow chameleon it's way to become the same level with those lesser clubs it play against and were having far too much problem on those matches that it should be on paper.

Look again at those smaller clubs I mentioned above where we were having troubles in the last a decade or so in europe.

How many times the likes of real barca bayern or even english sides + psg and others at those level were having such big troubles against those kind of clubs??? How many times did they play against those team and when they were at it, somehow they managed themselves to look like a midtable team in the process like we repeatedly done?

Seeing the pattern being repeated, you gotta ask what exactly is wrong?

IMO the problem came from the cultural and mentality of this club and calcio in general, the emphasis on defence, the neglecting of attacking flair and modern wing play, also the too much "self restrain" / respecting the opponent and such, the reactive approach to games instead of being pro active... I don't know about you but IMO those are at the counterpoints on how other big continental clubs are doing/behaving (of course with the exception of atletico)

Maybe some of those factors cannot really be proven, however there is some evidence for that, like the complete lack of quality italian attacking players atm, the lack of italian wingers (berardi insigne bernadeschi are only above mediocre, heck there even no good italian striker atm lol).

This is no longer a matter of personnel qualities, this is cultural / mindset / mental problems.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
You invest 90 mil in attack and 30 in midfield alongside Dybala, Pjaca and Cuadrado and you end up watching Juve defend 1:0 owngoal lead against Palermo who sold their best players and werent that good even with them over couple of past years.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

but-but-but barca, bayern and madrid win EVERY league game 10-0 while we are losing every game 0-5. FIRE MAX SO I GET MY NEW SHINY COACH NOW!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

but-but-but barca, bayern and madrid win EVERY league game 10-0 while we are losing every game 0-5. FIRE MAX SO I GET MY NEW SHINY COACH NOW!
This forum is hilarious right now. There's been a month-long meltdown going on now, even though we've started the season with 15 points from 6 Serie A matches, and a draw with Sevilla in a match we dominated and only poor finishing stopped us from winning.

Some of these dunces would rather we lose 1-0 to Palermo playing "attractive" football, than beat them playing boring football (even so we created 3 gilt-edged chances for Mandzu, and Palermo had nary a chance on our goal).

Barcelona loses 1-0 at home to relegation fodder Alaves, but they "dominated" the match so it's okay, and somehow more impressive. ::lol3::

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Signs 90m, Alves and Pjanic.

Sandro and Dybala entering their 2nd season.

BBC might only have one WC-season left.

Nope. This isn't a rebuilding season. This is a run for the Champions League trophy.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This forum is hilarious right now. There's been a month-long meltdown going on now, even though we've started the season with 15 points from 6 Serie A matches, and a draw with Sevilla in a match we dominated and only poor finishing stopped us from winning.

Some of these dunces would rather we lose 1-0 to Palermo playing "attractive" football, than beat them playing boring football (even so we created 3 gilt-edged chances for Mandzu, and Palermo had nary a chance on our goal).

Barcelona loses 1-0 at home to relegation fodder Alaves, but they "dominated" the match so it's okay, and somehow more impressive. ::lol3::
But Barca dominated! Dominated I tells you!

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Its incredible how idiotic some of these people are.

I especially like the fact that they cannot grasp the difference between preparing for a huge game, or $#@!ing palermo
Preparing for the huge game that is Dinamo Zagreb who lost 3-0 to freakin Lyon? :lol:

Jump off Allegri's $#@ and be rational for once instead of making excuses for every pathetic performance. We've had two meaningful games this year and won none. I don't even bother about the league, we're winning it easily.

I believe in Allegri and know we're going to peak after Christmas but this is one of the biggest clubs in the world and it's nothing wrong in people expecting great football from the start instead of this unmotivated sloppy crap they're getting.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Where's this obsession with attacking football / domination / beating lesser opponents with unnecessarily high score lines coming from anyway?

I'm watching Juve matches since the late 90s and never was our play style vastly different from today. How did these people even become fans when they're so disgusted by the playing it safe and never do more than needed playstyle?
So a club can't evolve? That exact excuse you're using right there is why this club hasn't won the Champions League for 20 years. We made it to the CL final meeting a team playing modern football in 2015. We have to evolve and I think we have the squad to evolve. We don't have to be Bayern or Barca but that mindset you described is why we fail in crucial moments in Europe.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You invest 90 mil in attack and 30 in midfield alongside Dybala, Pjaca and Cuadrado and you end up watching Juve defend 1:0 owngoal lead against Palermo who sold their best players and werent that good even with them over couple of past years.
Exactly.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So a club can't evolve? That exact excuse you're using right there is why this club hasn't won the Champions League for 20 years. We made it to the CL final meeting a team playing modern football in 2015. We have to evolve and I think we have the squad to evolve. We don't have to be Bayern or Barca but that mindset you described is why we fail in crucial moments in Europe.
Wat?

That's just nonsense. We lost in 2003 because our best player was suspended for the final.

Inter in 2010 and Chelsea in 2012 both won CL playing extremely negative football. Far more so than Juve has for the past 5 years. Atletico Madrid plays some of the most effective anti-football seen post-2000 and has played in 2 of the last 3 CL finals. They beat (and outplayed) uber-modern Barca twice. We beat Real Madrid two years ago, the team that has won 2 of the last 3 CLs. And then lost to Barca.

Our playstyle isn't why we haven't won the CL in 20 years. Calciopoli almost destroying the club is the reason. It's quite obvious we were one of the strongest teams in the world in 2005-06, even if we underachieved that year in CL. It's also quite obvious that we would have figured things out eventually with the squad we had + the finances we had at that time, and won a CL title. Calciopoli happened and we've basically been clawing our way back towards the top, one inch at a time ever since.

A team could easily win the CL playing Catenaccio today. It has very little to do with style, and much more so to do with luck and peaking at the right time, certain players performing at their best in those last games.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Wat?

That's just nonsense. We lost in 2003 because our best player was suspended for the final.

Inter in 2010 and Chelsea in 2012 both won CL playing extremely negative football. Far more so than Juve has for the past 5 years. Atletico Madrid plays some of the most effective anti-football seen post-2000 and has played in 2 of the last 3 CL finals. They beat (and outplayed) uber-modern Barca twice. We beat Real Madrid two years ago, the team that has won 2 of the last 3 CLs. And then lost to Barca.

Our playstyle isn't why we haven't won the CL in 20 years. Calciopoli almost destroying the club is the reason. It's quite obvious we were one of the strongest teams in the world in 2005-06, even if we underachieved that year in CL. It's also quite obvious that we would have figured things out eventually with the squad we had + the finances we had at that time, and won a CL title. Calciopoli happened and we've basically been clawing our way back towards the top, one inch at a time ever since.

A team could easily win the CL playing Catenaccio today. It has very little to do with style, and much more so to do with luck and peaking at the right time, certain players performing at their best in those last games.
So subbing Morata who had the game of his life up 0-2 in Munich has nothing to do with us crashing out? I didn't say playing style was the problem, I said mindset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)